It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana billboard trolls Michigan governor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I had heard about a billboard near me that was trolling Michigan’s governor about her iron fisted lockdown of the state.
Apparently it’s been making the news around the country..

The digital billboard facing traffic coming from Michigan says..” the great state of Indiana welcomes michiganders to a free to roam state, thanks for the revenue “

The side facing traffic returning to Michigan says,,” now entering Michigan. Really? You’re sure about this?”

www.deadlinedetroit.com...

Gotta love a good sense of humor.

“ Steve Swick, president of Swick Broadcasting Company and owner and author of the billboard, said the message is meant as a positive one to encourage Michiganders to come over to Indiana. ”

(post by MiddleInsite removed for political trolling and baiting)
+12 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Did you miss the part about humor??
Aka. A joke..

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

As a Michigander, seriously?
Have you read ANYTHING about our governor?
Every time we protest her, she locks us down longer.

That's either insecurities, or down right bitchyness.

I personally believe it's both.

As for the OP? Good on them. I'm willing to drive down there, if I can eat in a restaurant.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I saw that earlier on the local news, and totally cackled. Thanks to our iron-fist governor, we're a laughingstock. Eh, it's rightfully deserved, hopefully something of it gets through her thick skull.

Or she'll just lock our asses down for another extension. Woman, this is clearly not the job for you. If you want to micromanage people & order them around and resort to petty punishments, quit and go home and be mommy to those 5 damn kids already. Obviously, your human interaction competence is only fit enough for that.

I can't stand the governor, can you tell?
edit on 5/26/2020 by Nyiah because: Five kids, sorry, fat-fingered the number keys again.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Yeah, and her ego is effectively a Lady Trump. I've got a long list of words to describe her, but feminists will descend to whine about them, and the T & C won't allow most anyway (profane)
edit on Tue May 26 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah she’s a real piece of work.
I heard her husband called a marina to insist his boat was ready for Memorial Day weekend even though his wife has warned against that very thing..

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
She's not insecure???

I mean she's the one crying about being victimized by her constituents. How it's unfair that she's being exposed even though she's the one that decided to run for governor, a public officer, in the first place.

How she thinks that just because she's governor her and her family should be able to do whatever they want, while trying to force Michiganders to stay inside. Only allowing the businesses who she favors to stay open, while screwing every other business owner.

That lady is a nutjob, and is unfit to be a governor. A governor is supposed represent the people they govern. And if those people want to go outside without a mask and enjoy the weather, and patronize local businesses than that what the governor should be allowing.

Instead you've got a governor crying about being victimized. Cry me a river.
edit on 2652020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read:.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Whitmer is the worst politician we've had in Michigan since kwame kilpatrick.

Can't believe she's on vacation during the covid 19 pandemic and the dam breaking.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The best part of this story is the underlying butthurt and insecurity of the Michigan journalist writing the story.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

There's a lot more than the physical resemblance, no?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

My wife and I had to go to ohio to get a haircut and it was done safely . I was depressed when I saw the welcome to Michigan sign . Our Governor has not changed her policy of sending covid positive people back to nursing homes and long term care facilities . She has not released the data as to how many of the deaths in Michigan came from those facilities.

new topics

top topics

join