It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Greenish Meteorite Filmed Falling In Siberia During The Evening Of May 18.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Sounds kinda nitpicky, eh?

Yes, you do.

Once under the influence of the Sun's gravity, "exo-comets" follow the orbit which it determines. Comet "Atlas" was well under the influence of the Sun's gravity and its fragments still are following that path.

edit on 5/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
Is it just me or does Russia seem to get a lot of stuff dropping in, maybe they got more cameras over there perhaps

I understand that insurance fraud is apparently rampant in Russia and everything, every car, and everybody is wired with cameras these days.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MykeNukem

Sounds kinda nitpicky, eh?

Once under the influence of the Sun's gravity, they follow the orbit...

What about before they are under the influence of the Sun's gravity?

Do they follow a yellow brick road then?

LMAO

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Is it just me or does Russia seem to get a lot of stuff dropping in, maybe they got more cameras over there perhaps

I understand that insurance fraud is apparently rampant in Russia and everything, every car, and everybody is wired with cameras these days.

That is really true indeed. We would never have all of those excellent videos of the Chelyabinsk event, if it was not for all of those dash cams! The videos were so good and numerous, from different angles, that they were able to reverse plot the bolide's orbit!

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tayton

yeh CCTv or personal CCTV or handhelds are all the rage in russia due to the high number of roadside incidents and crime, nearly every car in russia has a dash cam in large cities

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: highvein
It moves increadly fast
Starts

[snip image]

nearly gone in an instant

[snip image]

The field of view close to a camera is only a couple of feet wide/tall at the most. So a bug flying close to the camera is only flying a distance of a couple of feet while on camera. And bugs can fly the distance of a couple of feet quickly.

edit on 5/22/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Krasnoyarsk got another one about a year ago. Visible in daylight!

earthsky.org...

The Siberian Times reported on April 7 that the meteor was:

Bright and noisy with a long, sparkling green and yellow tail. It was filmed by multiple observers in Krasnoyarsk region … Some residents said the meteor was blindingly bright, akin to the light and sparks created during intense welding work. It split into several parts before disappearing in the sky somewhere over Irkutsk region, east of Krasnoyarsk.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

There's a global map of all recent major impacts. They're all over the place, really.

www.citylab.com...
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Our planet is 70% oceans, so the majority of impacts happen over open water.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join