It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Reveals Plans for His Million-Mile Battery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The transition to electric vehicles will be a relative long term one. For what I see the hype is trickling down from the super whealty towards the doing-well people. People tend to group together so yeah, that would cause problems with the grid around those greenionairs. But... it also means you do not have to upgrade the complete grid. Just the area where higher power demand is present. When you have more costumers going premium, the needed local upgrade is paid for. The upgrades will offcourse be renewable energy like solar and wind. A lot off people will keep burnin oil to get places because of lack of money to folow the hype or because of not willing to follow the herd for whatever reason. Enough time to patch the grid, where needed.

A bit of conspiracy theory on this:
Once a good percentage of a country has gone electric, i bet ya that the remaining petrolheads will be taxed out of their beloved rumblers, paying for the final grid upgrades. When that is done the next step will be to use all that paid for renewable capacity (thus the phrase 'free energy') to create hydrogen for the 'real' green revolution.

Thát might the real reason to have this weird electric car sceme that makes no sence at all.
a reply to: XL5

XL5

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am willing to bet they will still keep the premium fees going though even the the need is gone.
edit on 22-5-2020 by XL5 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join