It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Zarqawi Said To Be Planning US Hit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
US Intelligence officials told Time Magazine Sunday, they have aquired information that Zarqawi has talked about hitting soft targets in the US. They aquired this information during an interogation of a captured top aid. Security sources say that just last week the FBI sent out two nationwide bulletins warning of a nonspecific threat to railroads in Detroit and Los Angeles.

news.xinhuanet.com
WASHINGTON, March 13 (Xinhuanet) -- US intelligence officials say that Abu Mousab al-Zarqawi, the top ally of Osama bin Laden in Iraq, has talked about hitting "soft targets" in the United Statessuch as movie theaters, restaurants and schools, the Time magazinereported Sunday.

Intelligence officials tell the magazine that interrogation of a member of al-Zarqawi's organization, who was taken into US custody last year and has been described as a top aide, indicates that al-Zarqawi has given ample consideration to assaults on the American homeland.

A restricted bulletin that circulated among US security agencies last week noted that al-Zarqawi apparently believes that "if an individual has enough money, he can bribe his way into the US," specifically by obtaining a "visa to Honduras" and then traveling across Mexico and the southern US border.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Using the Mexico corridor is potentially viable, but does Zarqawi really have the money and power to pull this off? Does his "Top Aid" really have this kind of information? Was it just talk and wishing? It seems more like the standard fear propaganda to me.

However, it is said that intelligence officials have confirmed that bin Laden sent a message to al-Zarqawi early this month, urging him to plan attackson US soil.

Related News Links:
www.newsmax.com
www.newsmax.com
wireservice.wired.com

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There must be a need to elevate the terror threat.

All the ingredients are here... unspecified "US intelligence officials"... mainstream medium... "non-specific threat on soft targets"...

Another day in the office for Bush/neo-con propagandists.

Duck and cover.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The master of terror is at it again...makes you long for the days of Lon Cheney and Boris Karloff.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If he is even real or alive, I would imagine that Zarqawi is a little too busy with his own problems right now to have the time for an attack on the US.

It is the media and the inteligence services that make him into a demi god like Osama Bin Laden. Always omni present and omni potent according to them.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

US intelligence officials say that Abu Mousab al-Zarqawi, the top ally of Osama bin Laden in Iraq, has talked about hitting "soft targets" in the United Statessuch as movie theaters, restaurants and schools, the Time magazinereported Sunday.

Isn't this more or less the reason for the war on terror to begin with, as escalated by the twin towers? Isn't Zarqawi's intentions towards the U.S. a given?

What are we supposed to do with this information......go see a movie to spite the people who want to take that away? This is another generalized news report that serves no purpuse but to reinforce what is happening already........

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
damn!
this zarqawi guy is one extremly busy man!
all this running and planning at the same time.
man, he must really have a crowded schedule.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Busy indeed.

It seems he has been having a private audience with a member in a topic bearing the same title as this one in another ATS Forum.

That was a "soft target".

Maybe Osama bin Laden was getting too popular as a bogeyman and the Homeland Security propagandists needed to start using someone a bit nastier looking, more mystique, suspected of beheading people, and with a gammy leg.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Busy doesn't come close to the right word.

On top of everything else he has been reported to have done, heck he's even been captured half a dozen times according to some posts here.

Geez, I can barely make it to work some days!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I agree, MA. The gammy leg adds to the terror and horror

Does he also have a hunchback?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Sorry didnt see it posted here also ...deleting mine...

Well we all knew it was possible and somewhat likely but now it seems the mainstream press has started to cover what we have been talking about here for a while.....

Spooky.

Zarqawi Planning U.S. Hit?Intelligence officials say operatives may infiltrate via Central America to strike at soft targets on American soil

Sunday, Mar. 13, 2005
Two weeks after intelligence officials confirmed that Osama bin Laden had sent a message to Jordanian-born terrorist Abu Mousab al-Zarqawi, urging him to plan attacks on U.S. soil, details are emerging from one of al-Zarqawi's lieutenants about what the man behind many of the terrorist attacks in Iraq could have in mind. Intelligence officials tell TIME that interrogation of a member of al-Zarqawi's organization, who was taken into U.S. custody last year and has been described as a top aide, indicates that al-Zarqawi has given ample consideration to assaults on the American homeland. According to a restricted bulletin that circulated among U.S. security agencies last week, the interrogated aide said al-Zarqawi has talked about hitting "soft targets" in the U.S., which could include "movie theaters, restaurants and schools."

Zarqawi Planning U.S. Hit?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
let them attack us ill be waiting for them just let them come

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hurry, slap some more American flag decals on your SUV and head to Wal-Mart for survival gear!!!

Bush and CO. must feel that the populace isn't scared enough anymore. Time for some new "terrorist attacks"! Fear is the oil that greases the Bush war machine and it has to be reguarly maintained

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Regardless of whether this is a falacy or not, I'll be keeping my eyes open just in case. If anything does happen in Detroit, I'll do my best to get ATS updated with happenings, pictures, video, you name it I'll get it.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If this did start happening, is there anything the U.S. would do that they are not currently doing? Would the borders become safer? Would we watch a new Patriot Act slide right through into more laws to take away our privacy?

top topics

join