It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me some spots to check out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Planning a trip to Virginia this weekend, so the time has finally come for me to do what I set out when I made this account.

Not going to give away any obvious information about travel plans but I plan on driving through Knoxville, through Asheville, and then following close to the North Carolina-Virginia border.

So are there any paranormal, cryptozoological, extraterrestrial, or whatever else mysterious things any of y'all want me to check out?

I'll post any videos and photos of what I come across.

I don't care how crazy or scary it is. It could be anything from ghosts and demonic activity to bigfoot or big cats. I feel like any ufo/alien type occurrence is random and hit or miss.

So, let's do it. I'm the crazy cameraman willing to risk life and limb to bring you what you want.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Sounds fun
Tell us a bit more about yourself, beliefs, sceptical of anything.
Background, motivation, expectations and maybe ultimate goal.
Why?

Just make it more interesting to follow you on this journey

I can’t be any help, live two continents away on an island very isolated from the world but good luck

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Even if it's a little off from the path I described I wouldn't mind going too far off track to potentially document something really intriguing. I'll be waiting. I'm going to look up some spots online that may be worth checking iut, but I would really like to check out some spots that aren't as well known. Maybe some local urbam legend or folk tale or something like that.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Nothing paranormal but if you're going through Asheville try going just a few miles west to Pisgah National Forest. Looking Glass Falls, the Sliding Rock and slow tubing down the river are all right off the same road going into the forest just before Brevard in Transylvania County. There are also the famous Brevard white squirrels around there. The campground on the road in (Davidson River) opens back up to campers June 1.

We went there a couple of summers ago and had a blast!

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The Brown Mountain lights might be of interest to you?

www.romanticasheville.com...

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think there is a Big Foot person there in Asheville & there's been Big Cat, Big Foot & UFO sightings

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Sounds fun
Tell us a bit more about yourself, beliefs, sceptical of anything.
Background, motivation, expectations and maybe ultimate goal.
Why?

Just make it more interesting to follow you on this journey

I can’t be any help, live two continents away on an island very isolated from the world but good luck

Well, let's see.

Hmm.

I'm pretty skeptical about a lot of things, but I have seen enough to know that there are some strange things out there.

My beliefs aren't very easy to describe. I don't really like labels as I find they are an oversimplification of who I am. Maybe along this journey you may be able to make your own observations and determinations about me.

I'll start off by saying I've seen a few ghosts. The one that sticks out the most is when I was spending some time with a family member and some friends on his front porch out in the countryside. This was probably around 2017 or 18

While listening to their conversation I had this feeling to look to my right and I saw this apparition floating there. It was just the upper portion - from the waist up. I believe it was a woman. I didn't get a good look because it was one of those things where you take a quick glance befor le returning your attention to what you were previously paying attention to.

Basically what happened was I had a feeling to look to my right, and saw this thing floating there. She, as I believe it was a woman figure, was wearing an old style shawl and the hair was long but flowed into a misty type kind of thing.

I'm not sure if it was Native American or white.

But it was a quick glance and by the time my brain realized what I had just seen as I returned to focus on the conversation I looked back and it was gone.

As I stared back to my right hoping that it was still there only to find that it had gone. I stared into the distance and my cousin's shed light turned on out past his vegetable garden.

As I stood there staring and shaking my head in wonder. One of his friends stopped the conversation and said "What's wrong?"

I replied that I saw something. She followed up with "Did you see her?"

And I was surprised. I said "I don't know. I saw something floating right beside me, and it might have been a ghost or something."

Then, another one of my cousin's friends said that it most have been the ghost that some of them had seen because every time they see it, it disappears and then the shed light turns on afterwards.

I wasn't spooked, but it was an odd feeling.

---------------------

There was a time as a child, probably about '96 or '97, where my parents had moved the family dog and doghouse to the front yard by my bedroom window, and I begged them not to do it, because I always felt there was something different about that dog. It would stare at me unlike any dog. Even to this day I've never had a dog look at me like that.

It wasn't a stare like it was just watching. It wasn't a stare like a predator watching it's prey. It was a stare like it knew who I was. Like it was staring into me.

Well that very night I woke up startled. For some reason I felt the need to look out the window. The doghouse had moved from the left side of the tree my dad had put it, and was now on the right side of the tree directly in front of my window. I looked for the dog and couldn't see it. I slowly returned my stare to the opening of the doghouse and there were two red glowing eyes.

I ran to my parents room and beat on it until my mom answered the door. She asked me what was wrong and I told them that there was something wrong with the dog. My dad got up and went to check it out. I followed him out and stood on the front porch while he went over to the doghouse.

He pulled on the dog chain until the end came out with the collar still attached.

My dad looked at me and said get back in the house.

He spent some time outside and when he came back in I asked him what's going on. He said the dog must have gotten loose somehow, but he had moved the doghouse back into the backyard.

I can't remember when the dog came back. It might have been the next day or it might have been a few days later, but when it did my dad took it away somewhere.r

--------------

Years ago my neighbor's cat got ran over, probably around 2006 or '07, so my cousin (a different cousin than mentioned before) went out and out it in a trashbag. We both went out to bury it in a spot my neighbor had picked. We dug the hole next to a tree, and my cousin being the asshole he is decided he was done digging, and preceeded to bury the cat in a shallow hole. As he finished with the last of the dirt he started smacking it with the shovel to "pack it in."

As he did this I got this feeling to look up. Above the tree there was a glowing white ball and when I locked my gaze upon it I felt a sensation from it. Almost like it was surprised that I saw it. I said "Woah!" and it took off in a curvy path southwardish. It didn't disappear as if it were the distance, but as if it just shrank out of existence.

I looked at my cousin and he was staring at me. I asked him if he had seen what I had seen, and he said yeah, and was excited about it, but we never talked about it again.
------------

When I was a small child, probably '94 or '95, I used to see strange balls that had soft tentacle like apoendages. They were pastel colored and would appear in random places and they would roll around and float through the air.

I remembered about it later in life and asked my mother about if she remembered anything about that and she said she did, but when I asked her about it further she said she didn't know what they were or she couldn't remember.

Sometime later I asked her about them again and she flat out told me not to ask her about it again.
--------

Another time as a child (94 or '95) I was playing alone in me and my sister's room. As I was playing I felt the need to look up in the corner where the walls meet the ceiling and I saw a swirling red disc facing me. I guess the best way to describe it was kind of like a portal or viewing window had appeared. I stared at it for brief moment before I got up to get my mother to come and take a look it.

But, it had gone. This was the only moment that I can recall my parents actualky had someone come to ask me questions. It was a man, and he asked me questions about what I had been seeing. He was friendly, and he seemed really interested in what I had seen. I remember feeling confident talking to this man, because he believed me. He had me point in the location where the red disc had appeared. Asked me if I had heard anything. I didn't. But when I think back about it it was the same feeling as the dog staring at me. Just not as scary.

I remember him and my parents talked for a bit and he left.

I think he was a paranormal investigator. He didn't seem like a therapist or anything.
---------------

Continued in next post
edit on 752020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Back in 2016, my then wife and I were returning home late at night on some highway I can't remember in Virginia. I was driving and she was talking about something I can't remember. And I saw what I thought was a big deer abiut to dart out in front of us. So I hit the brakes, and what I thought was a big deer turned into a huge brown hairy upright thing running on two legs. And by huge I mean we were in a Nissan Xterra and I'm staring up at this things furry face. I start screaming, and my wife starts screaming and I effing punch the gas pedal down to the floor, and I mean if I coukd have I would have stomped straight through the floorboard and started flinstoning it. Because this thing looked like it was about to turn on us and flip the car over.

After the adrenaline wore off I asked my then wife. What was that?

And she was shaken pretty bad, but said that she didn't know and just wanted to go home.

I said do you think that was a big foot? And she said she didn't want to think about it and she was visibly shaken.

It's weird because I had been driving on that portion of the highway before, and had weird scat like material hit my windshield. It was a mixture of bugs, wood, and other normal scat material.
---------

I'm also one of those who has seen "owl eyes."

As a child, probably 1997, '98, or '99, I saw a green light through my window streak through the sky. The color was like a green glowstick.

The next morning I asked my mother if there were supposed to be any meteorites or anything. She said no.

Well, shortly after that I started seeing "owl eyes." I remember that I became weird about my window. I hung a thick blanket over it, and started being really paranoid about things being able to see me through my window even if the blinds were closed.

About a week or so after that. I woke up one morning and the skin on my shoulders felt like it was on fire and my face were on fire. I looked down at my shoulders and my skin was actually bubbling. I started screaming from the pain and the horror of seeing my skin bubbling and my mother ran in and over to see my skin blistered and raw looking.

She took me to the doctor and they said that it was just a really bad sunburn, and gave my mother instructions on how to care for it. The weird thing is that I hadn't been outside the day before, and that it had happened at some point during the night.
--------

Back in 2011 before I joined the military I wanted to seriously explore these things and see if I could actually seek out and figure these things out.

My favorite coffee shop, called "The Grind" was apparently haunted.

There had been a series of weird occurrences that had the owners and some of my friends freaked out. There would be things fall off shelves, the usual. But one night a couple of my buddies had stayed after close and were playing the piano and singing a Beatles song and at some point the same exact song they had been playing started playing through the speakers. They freaked out and ran out.

Following that the owner's wife had been cleaning after closing and was washing out a coffee cup and something had grabbed her hair and yanked her down to the ground. So, she freaked out and ran out.

After this they decided to hire a paranormal team. I think it was Stones River Paranormal.

That's when I hatched my plan. I told them Hey wait a minute. Let me stay the night before they do their investigation and see what I can figure out. I told them that I believe I can sense spirits and I want to see if I can donso reliably. I told them that I would stay the night, and after the paranormal team does their investigation I would tell them what I felt.

So, the night came, and they left me the keys and free access to any food or drink that I wanted. I stuck to water.
I felt the presence of a young girl, and also the presence of some older men. One of which was prone to violence. I felt that the girl liked to stay out in the main area where the piano was and where people would drink.

I felt the men hung out in a small backroom.

So, nothing other than me feeling their presence occurred. Nothing too spooky.

So, I left and locked the doors at about four in the morning, and left the keys in the designated spot.

The night after the paranormal team did their investigation I was talking ti the owners, and they wanted to talk about what the team had told them.

I told them before they telk me what the paranormal team told them that I wanted to tell them what I had felt. That way they could know I wasn't just going along with and adding to what the paranormal team said.

So, after I told them what I had felt their jaws hung open and looked surprised. So, I was like what? Is it different than what the team told you? And they said no that it's exactly the same as what the paranormal team told them.

The paranormal team had apparently took it a step further and done some historical research and found out that the place used to be a ice cream parlor and that a girl who used to come in all the time for ice cream and stuff had died, and I guess since it was her favorite place had decided to haunt the location.

Before it was a ice cream parlor it used to be a place for illegal gambling and that the men who were haunting the place used to play cards every night in the back room where I had felt their presence.

So, it was pretty neat to have what I determined unnofficially confirmed by a paranormal team.
--------------

I've always wanted to continue my exploration of the unknown and this is why I have decided to take requests from those who are interested here.

I personally woukd like to investigate and see what I can find from places and things that haven't been documented over and over. So, if anyone has any local folklore or lesser known mysteries please let me know.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Nothing paranormal but if you're going through Asheville try going just a few miles west to Pisgah National Forest. Looking Glass Falls, the Sliding Rock and slow tubing down the river are all right off the same road going into the forest just before Brevard in Transylvania County. There are also the famous Brevard white squirrels around there. The campground on the road in (Davidson River) opens back up to campers June 1.

We went there a couple of summers ago and had a blast!

I will look into that! Thank you!

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: htapath
The Brown Mountain lights might be of interest to you?

www.romanticasheville.com...

Awesome! Thank you! I will definitely put that on my list of things to check out.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
I think there is a Big Foot person there in Asheville & there's been Big Cat, Big Foot & UFO sightings

Cheers
Ektar

That's great to know! I will look into this Big Foot person and see if they can give me any information.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
There is a parapsychological studies lab at the University of Virginia. Its called DOPS. Theyre lovingly called dopes, but this isnt hokey woo.. theyre serious and are from many different scientific backgrounds. The main focus in one spot Im familiar with one of the particular researchers.. psychic phenomenon and ESP. Yeah, still staring at goats.

Here are hokey woo and spooky... database of real haints in Va

www.virginiahauntedhouses.com...

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What I find interesting is, although I've seen such weird things, that as I continue to live my day to day life how easy it is to forget that they even happened to begin with.

When I think back to these events, it's almost as if my brain has done more than normalize it, but just pushed it back to where I don't think about it until I make it a point to think about it.

There are people who upend their whole lives, get divorced, abandon work and make their whole life just about finding an explanation about what they witnessed.

So far I've avoided that. And while I don't wish to go down that path I do want to explore these things when the opportunity arises. I want to visit these locations where things hapoen. I want to meet people who have experienced these things. And maybe I'll gain a better understanding, and also maybe bring a little of that understanding to people seeking answers or just be the person that helps them not feel alone and not crazy.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
There is a parapsychological studies lab at the University of Virginia. Its called DOPS. Theyre lovingly called dopes, but this isnt hokey woo.. theyre serious and are from many different scientific backgrounds. The main focus in one spot Im familiar with one of the particular researchers.. psychic phenomenon and ESP. Yeah, still staring at goats.

Awesome lead! Thanks a bunch!

As parapsychology is something I'm greatly interested in I definitely appreciate this.

I used to experience a myriad of deja phenomenon, and I'll be sure to get in touch with them at some point.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: Advantage

Awesome lead! Thanks a bunch!

As parapsychology is something I'm greatly interested in I definitely appreciate this.

I used to experience a myriad of deja phenomenon, and I'll be sure to get in touch with them at some point.

Very cool!!
Call up there.. ask for Dr Tucker.. Jim Tucker. He did the work with the past lives some kid out that way remembered among a bunch of other stuff. Tell him a Blackfoot chic from Ole Miss sent you.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

For sure!

Past lives is an interesting thing.

So here's another story time moment.

I have this uncanny ability to correctly guess things.

I've always chalked it up to coincidence or getting lucky, but there was this time while I was in training at the beginning of my military stint where they grilled me for a couple of hours after correctly guessing a few times.

The occasion that finally caused me to get pulled out of the training room I thought I had pushed it too far and was about to get in trouble.

The instructor was this really smart dude with a lot of credentials to his name, and I had been goofing off not paying attention. He had just finished writing an equation on the board when something caught my attention and I just blurted out "7."

He looked at me, looked at his notes, and then looked at me again and looked shocked. He asked me how did I know that?

I just laughed. I said "I don't know man. I don't even know what page we're on."

Not even a minute later I was pulled out of the training room, and sat in a pretty swanky room. From what I could telk it was a senior enlisted's office. There were a couple dozen challenge coins, a senior chief's cover, and a lot of other very prominent memorabilia all over the place.

As I was left alone after being marched in I got up to look around. I figured I had gotten in trouble for being disrespectful and had resigned myself to the possibility of either being kicked out, or worse, being removed from training and reassigned as undesignated. So, I figured I would try and figure out who was about to verbally assault me.

After a few minutes I heard several footsteps approaching and before I could return to my seat the door opened and a few guys came in there was the Senior Chief in charge of the training, a guy in a suit, and a guy wearing the stereotypical IT uniform.

The Senior Chief actually calmly told me to take a seat. He didn't bother to take a seat himself. The IT looking guy remained by the door, while the man in the suit walked around to stand off to my side.

So, the Senior Chief begins to tell me that Mr. MIB and IT guy are here with the instructor and that they would like to ask me some questions. So, at this point I'm not sure what's going on, but I don't think I'm in trouble anymore. So, I'm thinking it's something to do with me guessing correctly a few times, and that they are going to pester me with some BS or something.

The man in the suit says that he can take it from here, and the Senior Chief leaves.

The IT looking dude takes a seat behind the Senior Chiefs desk and pulls a computer out of his bag and gives Mr. MIB a nod.

So, Mr. MIB says "I'm sure you have at least an idea of why we're here in this room."

So, me being me starts playing dumb, because I'm sure I don't like anything about this.

I say no not really, and that if this is anything about me guessing a few questions right. That's just coincidence

So, he follows up with "One time? Sure. Two times? Okay. But multiple times? Not many people can figure out a these equations by just looking at them. And fewer yet can figure them out while not paying attention."

So, I played into my part by saying "Look they're just lucky guesses. Surely that's not unheard of."

So, he launches into this spiel of for working towards the greater good and all of mankind and all that BS, and I just blankly stare at him.

After he finished I told him that I just wanted to do my time, save some money, and go back to being a civilian when my time comes, and get a good job with the training that I get.

So, he responded that I was wasting my potential, and said he was finished, but that they would be keeping tabs on me.

I didn't like the sound of that, but what could I do?

So, he got up from leaning against the desk. IT dude puts his computer away, and they leave.

I ended up waiting another ten minutes or so and when I decided that no one was coming back in I poked my head out the door. Seeing that no one was there, I left to go back to the training room.

The board was now covered in equations and the instructor stopped, and seeing it was me, gave an old man grunt, and went back to talking. I asked what I miss? and he ignored me. So I asked my buddy what I missed, and he said they were still working on the equation that I had guessed right. So, I laughed, and said well I better oay attention so I know what I'm doing.

But after that incident I kept my thoughts to myself, and kept my mouth shut.

It was funny though. Because when I got out I had the FBI and CIA both contact me asking if I was interested in applying for a position.

I definitely said no real quick. I'm not about that life.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Wow, didn’t expect all that
Good, means you are going to take this adventure seriously
Will be interesting to journey along with you and hear your tails, tall stories and true.
Hope we get a mixture

Remember, if I have learned anything, exaggerate it makes the story more interesting

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yeah, that's true, but I don't won't to taint my journey and investigations with falsehoods. I'm not going to create fake evidence.

I would like to be able to have people's trust that I'm not doing this for views, or money, or publicity.

I don't want to be the guy who says he has evidence and can only provide shaky video or blurry photos.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If you ever are in my neck of the woods (western Massachusetts) there are tons of places. Especially the Hoosac Tunnel, do a few searches on that its really weird, a LOT of death there when it was built and reports of many hauntings.
But Virginia I got nothing

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Dude I'm your man sorry it took me so long the post we should take 10 people to just east of Seattle I-90 where it intersects State Highway 18 there's a Logging Road heads to the South East everybody goes their own trail bikes or mountain bikes or walking some people drive not supposed to drive a car that's what they have a motorcycle last time I was there they let me take a bicycle in.

That was back in 2006 just five miles south of there is the spot on the TV show maps where it shows the most Bigfoot sightings that's it that's the spot that's all covered up in dots.
So I went in there about 1 mile east of rattlesnake mountain or One Mile West of rattlesnake mountain the area down there is so thick no one can get through its rainforest it's covered in moss I went in there once and ended up in the thatche on the floor upside down below the forest floor still holding my thirty-ought-six and I was laughing.

So that's why they can hold up back there no creature except an ape with long arms it make it through there because it's Ravines and slippery thatchts because it's a rainforest the only way we get through is on the Forest roads logging roads.

I went in there and set up I had my 44 with Barry ammo and I had a 30 odd 6 with Barry ammo so I went in there. A predator calling for about 40 minutes stopped waited 30 minutes left a bag of grapes and took off to the George rattlesnake mountain and came back in 40 minutes.

As I approached the area I heard a crash sound like a piece of logging equipment like a bulldozer getting thrown down the cree field the screen down the mountain went about a quarter-mile big boulders and there's giant 5 foot diameter 200 foot tall Spruce and Western Redwood well the thing that was falling down the mountain it kept going and it was hitting stuffing building up speed I guess it was getting louder and pretty soon it was hitting the 5-foot diameter trees and then go bong and I hear that thing keep going to go down and then they got another tree he's a two hundred Footers 180 Footers at least.

So I put my faith in Jesus and I was real Brave as thinking ha but pretty soon it became deeply spiritual because the scree field only went so far down the mountain but I heard the noise it just kept going and kept going and so after about 40 seconds of hearing something crashing down the side of that mountain and still hitting trees I decided something wasn't right and although I was fully loaded with hardened Bear ammo in 44 mag hand in 30 odd 6 I jumped on my Yamaha 80 trail bike in scream like a NeNe getting out of there telling myself I'm never coming back unless I have at least 10 people
edit on 8-5-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join