It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - Game Over - Hit Reset

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It's both sides. But from where I'm sitting the D's have pushed it over the edge.

The racist R's didn't act like this when Obama, the first black president, won. Sure, things were said and done because Obama was elected. It was no where near as crazy as these last 4 years, though.

First black President was accepted pretty well by most Americans.

First orange President, tear down the country.

None of that really matters, we are where we are. It only gets worst from here if we don't come together as a country. I am really worried about this coming election.

edit on 2-5-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

First black President was accepted pretty well by most Americans.

Not really. Tea Party, birthers, racists, etc came out of the woodwork.

First orange President, tear down the country.

Yes, he pretty much is. As he was supposed to do.

It's both sides. But from where I'm sitting the D's have pushed it over the edge.

Point being, people Ra-Ra Trump for saying FU to Congress, but if a Democrat did it, their heads would explode. Hell, if Obama had done a fraction of what Trump is doing, not only would there be repeated calls for impeachment and a stack of articles of impeachment, but gun toting patriots would be storming the White House calling for his head (slightly hyperbolic).

I mean, he got roasted over Grey Poupon and a tan suit for Christ's sake. Anyway, I don't wan to muddy or derail your thread. I was simply making a point on hypocrisy when one reply was how Trump should ignore and say FU to Congress when the same people would NOT agree if a Dem did the same.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
we need and narco autonomous collective that meets bi weekly..

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yes, he pretty much is. As he was supposed to do.

It is kinda amazing that he got elected. Maybe no one wanted to be President during this time period?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The real potential to unite the usa is not left or right but up and down.
you are all down doesn't matter if left or right, while a small percentage is up they are united up there and laughing of their butts how easily you are divided down there.
Concentrate on the common trait not the one that separates you from your neighbours.

NC

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Count me out. They didn't look like they were having an easy time of it. With the toiling in manure and stuff.

I don't think the USA is broken. It just needs to be cleaned off and rebuilt back to factory spec's.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Maybe we can start from the beginning. Like it used to be long ago. You know, of the People, by the People, and for the People.

If we can make it so, I promise to vote on every level that I can.

This isn't some computer game that you can reset everyone back to level 1 just because you do like it so far. I know it is frustrating, but real lift is just that....

edit on 2-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Count me out. They didn't look like they were having an easy time of it. With the toiling in manure and stuff.

I don't think the USA is broken. It just needs to be cleaned off and rebuilt back to factory spec's.

Pretty much just trying to be funny...

but yea a factory reset, elimination of the party system and lobbyists would be a good start oh yea term limits, no additional riders attached to bills in legislature, line item veto. Congrssional districts that make sense geographically.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Lol, I know.

If only we could get everything done that you just posted and vote in some good people.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: CharlesT

Why should Trump let him testify before any House of Representatives committee? This is the same House that has been trying to crucify him since before the 2016 election. I wouldn't cooperate with them or tell them anything either. Actually, if I were Trump I would vociferously tell them to go to Hellll.

Would you have the sentiment when there is a Democratic President who refuses to answer to a Republican House or Senate, refuses to hand over documents, refuses to allow oversights, blocks testimony, takes everything to court, and says FU to Congress?

Somehow, I highly doubt you would.

If a Republican House did the same to a Democrat president that the current House did to Trump, you're darned right many of us would speak out about it. What happened over the last three plus years was repugnant and should never, ever happen to any future president. The people responsible for the fiasco should all be in prison and if the parties were reversed I would be saying the same thing, and so would anyone else on this side that was being honest about it.

Wrong is wrong, party makes no difference.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Why should Trump let him testify before any House of Representatives committee? This is the same House that has been trying to crucify him since before the 2016 election. I wouldn't cooperate with them or tell them anything either. Actually, if I were Trump I would vociferously tell them to go to Hellll.

Would you have the sentiment when there is a Democratic President who refuses to answer to a Republican House or Senate, refuses to hand over documents, refuses to allow oversights, blocks testimony, takes everything to court, and says FU to Congress?

I don't give a rat's ars which party it is. When I see evil being played out in open sight, I'll call foul. But the Democratic Party has shown just how vile, petty and vindictive any one person would be alone but in a pack, just like a pack of dogs in the cow pasture, they are pure evil and will kill if they get the chance.

Yes, I said the Democratic Party is Evil.
edit on 2-5-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

2 faced liars.
edit on 2-5-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Congress needs to get their a$$es back to work and try to help the country rather than investigate an ongoing response that they managed to drag their feet on to fund pet projects.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I think the internet has just kind of exposed the fact that democracy is a bad idea and it only really kind of works when the narrative can be tightly controlled between two clear-cut choices AND TPTB can advance exactly the right candidates.

I think that the internet teaching people that we live in a Democracy in America is a lot of the problem in the first place.

We don't.

You are part of the problem.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Actually Obama did all of that and more.

Care to link to where Republicans were screaming for him to be impeached?

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
As time goes by I have come to realize that the government has not become more corrupt and has always been corrupt. We the people have always believed that the constitution and system of government was the end-all solution to freedom. Why so because throughout our lives we have been conditioned to believe corruption did not exist as an influence of laws, wars, and favoritisms because our form of government with three branches prevented it.

I dare say the constitution itself was authored under duress and corruptive influences. The reasons more people have come to distrust government often focusing on the focal point (The president) as being the "Orange Man Bad" and not focusing on the nature of our countries shortcomings is the dinosaur elitist controlling the narrative within the Halls of Congress. This is because the channels of information can no longer be controlled, edited, and manipulated although they continue to try.

The balance of power was never intended to be so one-sided as it is today. The people who placed congress in their seats have no voice. One individual cannot be blamed because congress's corruptive holds on power have been institutionalized. The very foundation that congress has made for itself has mocked the constitution since day one. As time goes on slowly the people will understand where the breakdowns in rights and corruption of lifers within the legislator. The constitution needs to be amended to fix the deliberate omission of term limits and defining corruption and the voter's interest.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

but yea a factory reset, elimination of the party system and lobbyists would be a good start oh yea term limits, no additional riders attached to bills in legislature, line item veto. Congrssional districts that make sense geographically.

you might as well wish for a unicorn, the people the rules would effect would have to mandate them. Do you really believe congress is going to pass a bill limiting their power? Do you think they want the president to have a line-item veto and lose the power to get stuff for their districts and or contributors? And there is no odds they would do term limits and who can hold a job for 2 to 4 years and get paid a salary the rest of their life. the system could only be changed by the states and afraid that would require a civil war at this point.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: putnam6

you might as well wish for a unicorn, the people the rules would effect would have to mandate them. Do you really believe congress is going to pass a bill limiting their power? Do you think they want the president to have a line-item veto and lose the power to get stuff for their districts and or contributors? And there is no odds they would do term limits and who can hold a job for 2 to 4 years and get paid a salary the rest of their life. the system could only be changed by the states and afraid that would require a civil war at this point.

Just answering the question of if it is a reset what would I like to see the government look like. In no way do I think it's feasible or possible even before CoVid and certainly not now after seeing the level of brainwashing achieved and the boldness of the attempt to do so.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

President Trump has stated (twitter) that Fauci will testify before the Senate soon.
Last time i checked, the Senate comprised one of the two 'houses' of Congress.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Really easy to say tons of racist comments when anyone that said anything negative about then president Obama was labeled a racist.

I said he was a horrible leader, and got bombarded with why because hes black... no because his idea of leading is taking something as important as health care and turning it over to Nancy and Harry two of the most corrupt people in the history of a corrupt city.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Lol. Yeah. Trump should make it easy for them after everything they have done since before the last election. If I was President, I would shut the water off to the Dem's buildings just to hear them scream. After this last election all I can say about the Democrat Politicians is Screw Them.

Why am I totally not surprised to see the Trump cheering section begging for him to act like the authoritarian dictator Lil Kim that he idolizes so much. Mixed that with the classic sociopathic tendency that has swept the right (i.e. finding joy in the pain of others), we are smack dab in the middle of some scary times.

When those that normally question government fall into obsessive love with government, and the very dangerous mentality of 'an attack against this person is an attack against me' there is high reason for concern.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join