It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condoleezza Rice Will Not Run For President in 2008.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Jeb: the sole purpose of him going overseas & scarfing
camera time was exactly for a presidential run.

Even if Jeb wanted to, which he doesn't, he COULDN'T realistically
run. His family problems are a ball and chain around any presidential
ambitions. His daughters continuing drug and rehab problems, his
wife's 'short term memory loss' (forgetting to claim 5,000 in merchandise
that she bought overseas), and other same type situations.

He couldn't do it even if he wanted to.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I want Condi--I want her to sell her pro-choice stance on several abortion issues, [she's against late term, "as if anyone is for it except to save the mother",] to the racist-rightwing, Christian Fundamentalists. Condi doesn't want a job, unless someone dumber than her hands it to her. She does want to keep moving though--then she can blame Advancement for the failure ofher past.

Hey why not Karen Hughes--she got her start with the same guy, but her first chores were to keep him sober and away from the podiums.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by kazi]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Even if Jeb wanted to, which he doesn't, he COULDN'T realistically
run. His family problems are a ball and chain around any presidential
ambitions. His daughters continuing drug and rehab problems, his
wife's 'short term memory loss' (forgetting to claim 5,000 in merchandise
that she bought overseas), and other same type situations.

He couldn't do it even if he wanted to.

Where ya been ?

We have a 'reformed' coke/booze hound who got preferential asssignment during war that he AWOL'd, .....as president.

Jeb & family is kosher compared to his brother.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Biden is an apparent good. So I wonder, why he was not in the running for the 2004 deal. Why did H Clinton stand down? Sometimes its not what the candidate can do or has done in politics, but what little secrets can creep out of the basement that can ruin'm.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You're absolutely right Dallas!

Maybe both he and Hillary knew that Bush was supposed to win. I'd love to see a Biden/Clinton ticket in 2008, Biden for President and not Hillary, not just yet. I think that even if Biden doesn't get elected in 2008, he's pretty much a lock to accept the Secretary of State job. His foreign policy expertise is the key for him.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Peace

p.s. Rudy Giuliani for President????????????? What is this world coming to?

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Don't rule Condoleezza out just yet. While she probably won't run in 08, she may well at some point. Every politician says "No", because they don't want to look ambitious. When they eventually do turn around and run, they wind up looking inconssitent. It's as old as Julius Ceasar arranging his own coronation, and as they offered him the Crown, would turn it aside, saying it wasn't right. It was a trick, to come off looking good in the eyes of the public. He did that twice, and planing to accept with an "Oh alright, since you insist", but the Ides of march came first.

Condoleezza Rice has made some very definite "No's" on TV interviews. I thought that she might have played it more coy. Something along the lines of, "I'll have to discuss it with my family, supporters, and constituents." It would have made her seem only reasonably ambitous, without looking too dishonest. now she seems to have commited herself to a position. Remember thought that Arnold Shwartzenegger is still trying to ammend the US Constitution. SO there may well be a Shwartzenegger run for the White House in the near future.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Where ya been ?

We have a 'reformed' coke/booze hound who got preferential asssignment during war that he AWOL'd, .....as president.

Jeb & family is kosher compared to his brother.

Exactly, and Dubya's girls aren't exactly known to be perfect either,

Jeb is a frickin' saint compared to Dubya...and that's from a Floridian who doesn't even like him!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'd go with Condi (
) possibly being the Antichrist before I'd go with her possibly being our next President.

You know, my boss is a staunch Republican as well as a racist. I just asked him what he would do in 2008 if Rice was the nominee, and he said he just wouldn't vote. I have a feeling this might be the case with more than a few Republicans.

Peace

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Some pundits are already talking in terms of a possible "Condoleezza vs Hillary" election. The air is thick with estrogen, so don't light any matches. Look out puny males!

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Agent Orange]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join