It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condoleezza Rice Will Not Run For President in 2008.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
From correspondents in Washington
March 14, 2005

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says she will not run for president in 2008, despite internet campaigns by "Condistas" pushing for her candidacy.
Dr Rice, in a round of US television talk shows today, beat back speculation that she might run to succeed President George W Bush and become both the first black person and first woman to be elected president.

"I don't know how many ways to say no, so let me just say it. I don't have any desire to run for president. I don't intend to. I won't do it," Dr Rice told ABC television's This Week.

"I won't. How's that? Is that categorical enough?" she said.

Source

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well sanc'....
I guess that news makes all you Hillary Clintonites right happy and relieved, huh?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I wonder who the Republicans will chose as their candidate in 2008. Maybe the Rudy from NY....but really I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No one is actually believing that is a total refusal on her part to run, I think she might consider it. The more interesting comments she's made recently are her statements on abortion, saying she's not totally against it.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kosmo Yagkoto
I wonder who the Republicans will chose ...

I'd like to see Guiliani/McCain. THAT would be great!

John McCain is an adoptive parent. His 6th or 7th child is
adopted from India - one of Mother Teresa's orphanages.
I think he'd be a great adoption advocate in the #2 slot.
Perhaps he could open doors for adoption, get the cost down,
etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well, looks like Mr. Clinton will have to wait. No way she would win unless the republicans chose a candidate no republican could vote for, like Rice. A woman and black? HA! That's like the gay/lesbian republicans, known as the Log Cabin Republicans. Oh well, maybe next time Hilary....

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Actually I think many Republican could vote her, because she seems very loyal and willing to fight the white mens war so the speak. but Rice likes to operate more in the background, she is a lubricant/mediator/advisor and dare I say it seems that's what she does best, it doesn't necesarrilly mean she would do good as a president

Personally I have got to give neocon cabinet some credit for having more "colour" than many liberal cabinets in the past!!! I think many Republicans would see the humour of this and vote Rice just to show WHO exactly has got prejustice??

it seems neoconservatism past the white vs black and concentrates rather on rich vs poor. Hermeticism at it's finest hour ? sell the turle as an ox.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Silenus]

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Wheeeewwwwwww!

Thank you for clarifying this.

Or is it that Condi already knows there's no need to run then?

[edit on 13-3-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I really doubt doubt Giulianni will ever get any where near the presidency his connection to the Kerik scandal alone pretty much guarantees it will never happen. Through in the fact he's from New York and you've got a dead fish I mean when was the last time we had a president who wasnt vaguely connected to the south in some manner. I really dont think 911 has enough to boost him up that far in life mayor to president is a heck of leap.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Well sanc'....
I guess that news makes all you Hillary Clintonites right happy and relieved, huh?

But wait, Hillary also told everyone when she got elected to the Senate that she would complete her term, right

(At least Ms Rice is believable in her denial
)

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I am positive that Rice will not run for president. Why stress more? She's already being stressed enough of her new position already, why get more stressed in 2008? Unless she's trying to get gray hair for a new look, but I doubt it. If you had my guess, after Bush is done with his term, Rice is gone! I don't think she will be in the political game anymore.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Rice wont run 2008. Republicans want to win the election. All I seemed to hear while Miss Rice was NSA adviser was, the President indicated this, the President indicated that, the predent this, the Preident that.. I mean come-on she would have served better as White House Press Secretary.

I wish her luck in her role as Sec State, she's got a pretty big world wide mess to clean up after you know who took a recent break (not Powell).

As for Clinton, I would be very surprised if she even came close to winning an election against any popular Rep Candidate, she'll do well just winning the primary.

The only thing I can feel confident about is the world will be bushless.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Uhh you're forgetting Jeb dallas

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Well sanc'....

seekerof

I've never stated any bias regarding future White House administrations.
I'm still trying to work out what 'BushCo' is/are doing.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Jeb already said that he absolutely won't run.
He wants no part of being in the White House.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
I really doubt doubt Giulianni will ever get any where near the
presidency his connection to the Kerik scandal alone pretty much
guarantees it will never happen.

Naaaaaaah. Kerik was peanuts. America has elected others with
bigger scandals. Heck ... Biden is going to run in 2008 and he has
a plagerism background. Scandal doesn't exclude anyone. Hillary
will run, and her background is littered with dead bodies, travel-gate,
the Rose Law Firm, etc. etc.

Betchya' Rudy will run. It will be Rudy v Hillary. Hopefully Rudy will win.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by sardion2000

Jeb already said that he absolutely won't run.
He wants no part of being in the White House.

GOOD FOR HIM!
Finally a Bush with some senses.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
She hasn't had a job that she's performed well in since she left academia. The Condi, Clarence and Powell's of the world are simply there as a old white man appointment breakup.....a nod to "diversity" .....on pigment only.

All those thinking Rudy is a possibility.....well, his NY bones escavation would be brutal beyond repair.

Jeb: the sole purpose of him going overseas & scarfing camera time was exactly for a presidential run. It's a crime family folks.....they're not giving up the trade until another Don bumps 'em off.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yup BT. Despite saying otherwise (Aw shucks. ME? Pres-e-dent?)

The highly organized rally rounds for various draftings of others are one by one getting derailed and gravitating the groups in one direction...

From McCain
to Gouls
to Arnie
to Condi

to Jeb

There's probably more I've missed, or will be more half butted draft efforts, but any time you want to see who the GOP is really trying to nominate just go straight to the bottom of the barrel. That's prime choice properly marinated pickings right there.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Heck ... Biden is going to run in 2008 and he has
a plagerism background. Scandal doesn't exclude anyone.

Biden owned up to that on Meet the Press a few weeks back. He's not running from it and the public will forgive him. Biden is a devastating politician with an incredible amount of charisma. The Republicans have nobody to compare with him.

Hopefully Rudy will win.

God..........................................please give me a break!! That goes for Condi (that nickname makes me want to swallow my tongue) as well.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join