It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going back to work. Corporate absurdity in the name of safety

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Can't let that stop us... He is not my govna!! lmao isn't that what all said about Trump? screw em.. They found away around it obviously.. I'm good with my hands so I think that's why I was chosen to go back in first.. signed docs, mask, temp all that it will be just fine like when they paid me to sit at home for nothing..

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

3 mil million square feet and my father delivers steel to the place for contractors.. place is gigantic...
edit on 30-4-2020 by MarlbBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
That's right. Because if you DID get sick you'd be the first one to sue the hell out of them for "not doing enough" to protect you.

I wouldn't, and the only person you can speak for is yourself, so, apparently, you are apparently the kind of scum that would.

I wonder - is there any precedent to this kind of insanity?

Meaning - has anyone ever tried to sue an employer claiming they got a bad case of the flu while at work?

How exactly would you go about proving it?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Catch 21. Everyone is going to get it in some form no matter how hard or diligent you are trying to hide from it. I mean, that's the reality of it, isn't it? You can do all you want at work to protect yourself, it will only take one breath through someone's cough stream on your way home and what did all that PPE count for? Sweet FA. A bit like the social distancing, it doesn't seem to factor in you know - corners. Turn a corner and someone else is in your face, not your fault or their fault, just the way life works. Anyway, not wishing that on you OP. Just kinda feel the whole "protection" narrative is...well, BS. It's there to give people "hope" and a feeling of safety. But that's all it is - wool, meet eyes.
edit on 1-5-2020 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ruckus49
I work in an engineering/construction field. Typically we have to wear a safety vest, boots, and hardhat. Generally, it is a very low hazard environment. We've had a month of remote work due to the quarantine and will be back in the field this Monday. Check out this laundry list of requirements to "stay safe"

PPE:
Face mask
Safety Glasses
Gloves
Face Shield

General practices:
Every day check in with the supervisor to report your health condition.
If you are sick at all you will be sent home and HR will then decide how to proceed

*snipped. at what point did you think there wasn't going to be an army of desk jockeys leaping all over this? no offence, i feel your pain.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join