It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 why is it still there ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

The Groom Lake facility was built as a site to test airplanes. For the past 65 years, it has been used for testing airplanes. It is still being used as an airplane test site.

Due to its remote location within a very large restricted area, Groom Lake provides a high degree of security and safety for testing advanced aircraft. That's what it's for. End of story.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: schuyler
The place is not obsolete just because we know "secret" stuff goes on there, or HAS gone on there. That infrastructure cost a lot and is still functional. There's no reason to abandon it. We've been told that the SUPER secret stuff has been moved elsewhere, and perhaps it has. Meanwhile there is that perfect runway and all the labs that are quite remote and can still be used. I don't see a problem, really.

The base is more than just secret , its almost seems supernatural.

Because secret stuff goes on there you want to get theological? It's just a (non) secret base. Not a big deal.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowhawk

The Groom Lake facility was built as a site to test airplanes. For the past 65 years, it has been used for testing airplanes. It is still being used as an airplane test site.

Due to its remote location within a very large restricted area, Groom Lake provides a high degree of security and safety for testing advanced aircraft. That's what it's for. End of story.

Honestly before my military service I was prepared to believe as much, I figured the base was little more than a Convenient testing grounds albeit remote and secret but still just a testing grounds for aircraft.

After my service though and traveling from base to base and country to country for eight years and I've spent a few years contracting since my exit from the military . I saw a thing or two and learned even more , Not that I ever came to with in 100 miles of Area 51 , but I know that base is not normal . Even for a classified facility it is far from normal .

The way it operates , the way its employees are flown in , the highly secured perimeter all of it is just weird for lack of a better word.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

There's nothing weird about it. A lot of programs move out there for testing. They move back to the factory occasionally, as do the engineers working on them. There are a number of non military types at both Groom and Tonopah.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There's nothing weird about it. A lot of programs move out there for testing. They move back to the factory occasionally, as do the engineers working on them. There are a number of non military types at both Groom and Tonopah.

I mean I wouldn't say there is nothing weird about the place, between the UFO sightings around the Groomlake area and the claims of Bob Lazarr .

I would say there is a little weird about the place

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Of course they're reporting UFOs. There was talk about the U-2 being reported as a UFO more than once.

As for Lazar, there is far too much about him that doesn't add up to believe everything he says.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I always thought that Area 51 was the decoy for Hangar 18 at Wright Patterson.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

It's Hangar 15. Hangar 18 is the decoy.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Of course they're reporting UFOs. There was talk about the U-2 being reported as a UFO more than once.

As for Lazar, there is far too much about him that doesn't add up to believe everything he says.

I like how you said "everything" instead of Anything, which means you find atleast part of his story compelling.

The thing that kinda throws me about Lazaar is his inability to produce proof of him Graduating from MIT or Cal-Tech both of which he claimed to attend. I could understand his digital record being deleted but Him not having any sort of Diploma or Grad papers from the two most prestigious Tech schools in the USA .

But I dunno maybe they plucked him from the schools half way through completing them.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

There's very little about his story I find compelling, but he got a few interesting things in there.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The thing that kinda throws me about Lazar is his inability to produce proof of him Graduating from MIT or Cal-Tech both of which he claimed to attend. I could understand his digital record being deleted but Him not having any sort of Diploma or Grad papers from the two most prestigious Tech schools in the USA. But I dunno maybe they plucked him from the schools half way through completing them.

That era was kind of pre-digital, a decade before I went to college. And I have hard copies of my diploma, honor roll certificates, and transcript with my grades. I didn't buy a yearbook, but I bet I am in one. Kind of hard to wipe all that out. But this is all stuff that has been debated ad nauseum. I still don't believe one word that has every come out of his food-hole.
edit on 30-4-2020 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2020 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

The thing that kinda throws me about Lazar is his inability to produce proof of him Graduating from MIT or Cal-Tech both of which he claimed to attend. I could understand his digital record being deleted but Him not having any sort of Diploma or Grad papers from the two most prestigious Tech schools in the USA. But I dunno maybe they plucked him from the schools half way through completing them.

That era was kind of pre-digital, a decade before I went to college. And I have hard copies of my diploma, honor roll certificates, and transcript with my grades. I didn't buy a yearbook, but I bet I am in one. Kind of hard to wipe all that out. But this is all stuff that has been debated ad nauseum. I still don't believe one word that has every come out of his food-hole.

Oh I have no doubt Area 51 has been discussed ad nauseum, But it is after all I believe one of the main reasons we have ATS to this very day.

Area 51 is a corner stone in the foundations that is ATS.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

Oh I have no doubt Area 51 has been discussed ad nauseum, But it is after all I believe one of the main reasons we have ATS to this very day.

Area 51 is a corner stone in the foundations that is ATS.

I have a Youtube channel basically dedicated to Area 51. I was referring to Lazar and his tales.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Here is my reason as to why a lot of these older bases are here. I do agree that some of these bases may hold something so significant that can't be moved. But why is that and where are they keeping it. Most would agree that, significant documents and hardware would be stored underground. That is true, but clearance comes into play when hiding those things. Not everyone that works at Area-51 has access or is in the local knowledge of what goes on at the base. As time went on; they probably continued to dig deeper and store more things underground. Whatever they have there; probably holds great significance and has required a lot of research, for them to keep the base operating with a full-time staff. When you have top secret things like E.T. bodies, E.T. craft, animal cloning and etc; there are always going to be people that want to get their hands on it.

My second reason digs deeper into the clearance topic. Over the past fifty years; so much money has been invested in Area-51. Probably billions. It is probably the only place they felt was best to keep things secret from government officials. Remember the scene in Independence Day when Bill Pullman asked "WHY WASN'T I TOLD ABOUT THIS PLACE". Many believe that not even our Presidents have full access to the base. But how is that possible? They are commander and chief. Anything on United States soil is within their level of clearance; right? This is where it gets dark. A lot of Area-51 was probably built without the President's knowledge. And it goes all the way back to whatever President gave the green light for it. These projects most likely continued after that particular president had finished his term. Since so much money is invested in these projects; they would continue outside of the new presidential cabinet. I'm not even certain if Area-51's budget even pops up on file. The only thing the President can probably find is the security budget for the place. Other than that, the rest of it is probably private and a lot of constitutional perimeters come into play when acquiring that knowledge.

The darkness continues. There are those who the military has trusted when granted level of clearance to a lot of secret projects. Who knows what they really worked on inside the base. If the secret really is too viable; then it wouldn't surprise me if the military housed a lot of people in Area-51 to work on these projects. In reality; the place is probably a home to many scientist and engineers. Depending on the project, determines how long they are required to stay there. Security might also run on the same clock. There may be a particular set of security staff members that are contracted to do nothing; but watch a team of scientist or engineers over the course of 4 to 6 years. When the project is done; the security team and scientist probably shake hands and hug, after completing a long stint.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Our tour guide for the NTS helped in finding and selection the location, including it's water supply - I would not be surprised to learn they used nukes to form large underground areas for construction, from the sedan crater it's 10 miles to the main runway...through 2 mountains
- certainly it's proximity to the most advanced laser, microwave, munitions, chemical and sub critical nuclear testing today aids in a multitude of ways. It's also a short hop to the ocean over mostly unihabitated land right out to the bombing ranges and well beyond or you could hook a slight right at Catalina and end up in Adak or keep going north till you came back around, crossing over nothing the whole time. Or it could be an easy way to comply with open skies treaty. If you look at the orreintation of the main runway it's pretty clear it's designed to foster secret and super fast aircraft at any conceivable distance.

Of course Shemya and Attu may be handling the same aircraft.
edit on 13-10-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Simple answer, because it has a huge dollar value. Decommissioning it would be prohibitively expensive, as would building a new one somewhere else.

The same answer applies to old nuclear power stations and those stanky rest rooms in central park.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

Shemya and Attu have to deal with weather a lot of the year, and can be extremely dangerous to aircraft and crews. Groom doesn't have to deal with that.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i propose that Area 51 is indeed a experimental aircraft/spacecraft test site...for that contingent

BUT

Area 51/ Groom Lake is a kind of R&R, 'decompression facility'...for a pretty wide swath of Scientists and Staff Officers who are in 'treatment' programs by physicians or psychologists/social professionals

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
No one in the gov or military are allowed to talk about what is inside Area 51/Dreamland/Groom Lake/S4. Except for Lazar and a few others, they only tell us what they want us to know. People knew it was there a decade before the mil gov admitted it was there. Just because we know it is there does not mean we know what they are doing there. Just like we KNOW the aliens are here and we still do not know what they are doing. And they are not going to tell us.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm not sure why so many people want to make Groom Lake into something it is not. The government publicly admitted the existence of the base while it was being built in 1955. During the 1960s and 1970s it appeared on unclassified maps clearly labeled as "Area 51." The CIA declassified their association with Area 51 in 2010, a little over three decades after transferring responsibility for the base to the Air Force.

Today, there are approximately 2,500 people working there, mostly government contractors. They are responsible for conducting thousands of ground and flight tests annually in support of 50 to 80 different HQ USAF, DoD, SECDEF, and Presidentially directed programs on a budget upward of $500 million. The Groom Lake base and associated range facilities constitute something on the order of $3.5 billion in assets. There are no underground hangars or other such nonsense. No extraterrestrial beings or spacecraft. Just airplanes and weapon systems.

a reply to: spiritualarchitect

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join