It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our little city has gone off the deep end with Covid19

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Greetings ATS,

After reading the comments on a Local News story from my home town, I thought I'd make a thread discussing peoples reaction to it.

Our City of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario is a twin city with Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.

Here's the Story: Link to SooToday

"We're no longer allowed to gather for religious purposes. If there are more than five people they'll fine you. Same for protests. If there are more than five people, they'll fine you."

Please keep in mind, we have the Right to Protest and Assemble just like most Free Nations...but unfortunately everyone here is completely bought in to the BS that MSM, CDC, WHO, etc have passed off as responsible measures...

The comments for the story are disgusting...

What do you guys think?

Safety then Rights? or Rights, Period.

I say Rights, then Safety within those Rights...

Stay Safe

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Here too, in Thunder Bay Ontario.
But with reason Of course, we have had quite the local outbreak.
Even lost a friend due to the virus.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

What if your household is a family of More than 5?..

Ridiculous

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Ridiculous

Then it's probably time to discover birth control.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Really? Blended family, six kids. LOL a reply to: okrian

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Your rights end where another persons rights begin.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It has been interesting to see how varying the edicts are in each state/province etc.

It sounds like some of the insanity from Michigan has bled into your town.

We never had the draconian approach other places had and are re-opening as of today.

Pressure will force them to change their approach and soon hopefully.

And personally, if I was a kid and church was shut down I'd be celebrating.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
Care to add insight.
Old? Pre existing condition?, actual ConVid-19 or what was listed to keep narrative running.

Because in Vancouver it’s been business as usual only thing scary is the propaganda on the TV

Healthy people going about their business, times for the elderly to shop but otherwise a big city with not too many problems, least if you believe math and per capita numbers 🤷‍♂️

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Ridiculous

www.ontario.ca...

Additionally, all organized public events of over 5 people are prohibited, including parades, events including weddings, social gatherings and communal services within places of worship.

This order would not apply to private households with five people or more. It would also not apply to operating child care centres supporting frontline health care workers and first responders provided the number of persons at each centre does not exceed 50 people. Funerals would be permitted to proceed with up to 10 people at one time.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

It has been interesting to see how varying the edicts are in each state/province etc.

We never had the draconian approach other places had and are re-opening as of today.

Yea, not sure if the insanity bled up or down from us

Me too, as a kid, but I'd be out on my BMX instead....which is banned...lol

edit on 4/27/2020 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

You are saying that riding your bike is not allowed..got some info on that..no such thing going on in the west coast.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Hmm as for your right to protest etc.....no you don't have that right at the moment on account of a global pandemic. Laws changes rules change and this is one of those times you have to suck it up for a while. Its not forever. do you think Governments across the planet purposefully want to annihilate their economies for a laugh?? There is justification no matter what you might think. I do wish people would stop being so bloody minded and just get on with it like the rest of us, its not all about America you know!! We all have "rights" but those rights cease to exists when lives are at stake.

link   
Let them charge you, request discovery, case dismissed.

link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: MykeNukem

You are saying that riding your bike is not allowed..got some info on that..no such thing going on in the west coast.

Oh, I just meant that the BMX track we used to go to is now closed. (Crown Land)

Sorry I should have explained...was more a joke than anything..

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Hmm as for your right to protest etc.....no you don't have that right at the moment on account of a global pandemic. Laws changes rules change and this is one of those times you have to suck it up for a while. Its not forever. do you think Governments across the planet purposefully want to annihilate their economies for a laugh?? There is justification no matter what you might think. I do wish people would stop being so bloody minded and just get on with it like the rest of us, its not all about America you know!! We all have "rights" but those rights cease to exists when lives are at stake.

I'm Canadian.

My Rights NEVER cease to exist...I guess I think more like an American than a Brit...

edit on 4/27/2020 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Exactly.

My right to move about starts where your "safety" ends.

I, unlike some apparently, am an adult. Fully capable of making decisions concerning my own safety, and the safety of others.

Give me the information I need to make an informed decision, then butt the hell out of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Our entire country has been shut down the last month with restrictions worse than your town, and we have only had 90 deaths. 4 days to go and then we go to less restrictive measures (Level 4) which are STILL worse then your restrictions.

Enjoy your freedom.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
Our entire country has been shut down the last month with restrictions worse than your town, and we have only had 90 deaths. 4 days to go and then we go to less restrictive measures (Level 4) which are STILL worse then your restrictions.

Enjoy your freedom.

I do enjoy my freedom.

Sorry to hear about your situation...anything to say about the Topic?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Gotcha, I dusted off my old Fisher cross country after 5 years..getting some riding time in, but man, I've been in better shape.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Thank you for your sympathy.

You say rights first. That's great. What about the rights of high-risk people to not get infected (and die) by people insisting on their rights to freedom?

So. My opinion - safety first. I would hate to be the asymptomatic carrier who killed my own high-risk mother.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join