It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete loss of critical thinking during this outbreak

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yes sir, sunlight and higher heat assist by shortening the lifespan of the virus on surfaces, in the air, etc.

Problem we have is that so many people are crowded like cattle into climate controlled office buildings, stores, etc. where it really won't make of much of a difference for those who work in that environment. Summer usually has less colds and flu because schools are on summer break. Schools are the ultimate breeding and contagion environments.
edit on 24-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

It's a basic social animal impulse. As social critters, we're uncomfortable going against what the rest of the group is doing. It's in our nature to want to fit comfortably in with the rest of the group. So if it appears that the group is trending one way, then we subconsciously want to go along.

It's a survival impulse buried in our animal brains.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I actually dont think any manipulation would work without it being that way!

Has to hit the back-brain (so to speak) without any frontal processing. And, I think we are all susceptible to it, to one degree or another. Theres personal responsibility involved too, however.

I guess Ive always been in a strange position where my ideals are pretty far left (like meeting all basic needs without currency exchange) but they boomerang back pretty far right (no government or politician middlemen at all). I recognize they are ideals though, and am greatly hesitant to pursue anything that would disrupt the stability where such things might arise naturally, over time. Without the actual tools to achieve these things, they remain ideals, and absolutely not something to be forced down peoples throats or solved by throwing money at duplicitous legislators.

So, Ive always been a bit politically homeless. That used to be "ok."

Im not sure a "Left" even really exists anymore though. Just what I call the Woke Cult, supported and fostered by corporate technofascists, and.. the rest of us. I dont even necessarily use the term "Woke Cult" as a pejorative, anymore than the term "Christian." It is what it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So I pointed out that Cedar Sinai has actually developed a treatment to use UV light internally... and used the press release as my evidence and got told to stop being a trump tard.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that people are so all in on hatred that they will ignore an actual press release from a highly respected hospital

AP press release

Led by Mark Pimentel, MD, the research team of the Medically Associated Science and Technology (MAST) Program at Cedars-Sinai has been developing the patent-pending Healight platform since 2016 and has produced a growing body of scientific evidence demonstrating pre-clinical safety and effectiveness of the technology as an antiviral and antibacterial treatment. The Healight technology employs proprietary methods of administering intermittent ultraviolet (UV) A light via a novel endotracheal medical device. Pre-clinical findings indicate the technology’s significant impact on eradicating a wide range of viruses and bacteria, inclusive of coronavirus. The data have been the basis of discussions with the FDA for a near-term path to enable human use for the potential treatment of coronavirus in intubated patients in the intensive care unit (ICU). Beyond the initial pursuit of a coronavirus ICU indication, additional data suggest broader clinical applications for the technology across a range of viral and bacterial pathogens. This includes bacteria implicated in ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP).

Seriously I dont know what to do, it seems like every day more family members and friends that have known me for years are freaking out over the littlest thing, I keep telling them stop watching 24 hour news while at home, walk your dog if you can spend more time with the kids listening to music or reading.

Thank god my sister and her kids actually call and ask me, what I think and I give some options and we discuss it, my dad just shrugs and says the news has been useless for years. So I at least know I wont lose my immediate family, but I have actually had "friends" cut me out of their lives that have known me for years but they are fricking brainwashed at this point is all I can think of.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not only that.. Its really cool technology!

I definitely know how that feels on the other stuff too. ATS is really the only place I can actually get people to talk with me.

Might have spoken a couple dozen words in weeks, other than one conversation that was about 5 minutes about solar tech (that was nice).

Ive had some good conversations online though. And, more and more, I find myself flatout ignoring genuinely toxic folks. Meaning, I dont even read the posts at all, much less respond.

Seems like a lot of humor has just.. Gone.. over the years too. Now so much is done with a viciousness that just really doesnt sit well with me. I do feel its a spiritual battle as much as anything.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Heh, I got into an almost argument with my dad on the phone. He was convinced the Chinese started it all with a bio-engineered virus they let out of their lab by accident.

I told him that nothing I'd seen led me to believe the virus was actually genetically altered. I am married to man whose career is in micro for Heaven's sakes. He keeps up on the latest stuff because he has to. So far, there hasn't been anything in any of the papers to suggest that it was deliberately artificially altered. I said I could meet him halfway. That there was a lab there; that it may have been a lab strain they were studying that got out because the Chinese are infamous for having lax protocols.

I also said there's no way to know why they might have had it there as a lab strain too. I pointed out that the original virus is endemic to China and its bats which would give China a valid reason to be studying it as it does pose a health danger to the Chinese people. Sure. They could have been doing weapons research on it, but they might also have been conducting legitimate research on a real threat that exists inside their own borders.

So even though I wasn't discounting his theory outright, he wasn't hearing any of what I was saying.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All we really have on that front are possibilities.

I like talking about all the possibilities, in general. But, you said it best; "he wasnt hearing what I was saying." Seems to be more and more common, that. Frequently with the odd spin that they think they are hearing what is being said.

You say T works in micro.. Seems like that is.. relevant lol

My own leading theory is that it escaped that lab, due to lax protocols somewhere in the chain. I see China as essentially being where we were during the industrial revolution, just "modern" times, and that creates a strange situation. It wouldnt surprise me if it was something they stole, similar to the Harvard shenanigans, and their reaction was because they had little to no idea what got out.

Its hard to tell, if not impossible. But, some of those trains of thought lead directly to war, just like they did after 9/11. Im so thoroughly against that I cant express it in words.

I also still suspect that EMF has something to do with things. Ive struggled with it over the years (like an allergy), but finding info on it is nigh impossible. Its either too limited of research, or just kinda.. bonkers. No offense to the bonkers stuff though, I enjoy reading it

It seems like its all a confluence of a bunch of different things, from lack of medical apparatus scalability to government overreach.

It makes it tough to discuss, never moreso when when others refuse to consider they might be wrong.. Or just flatout dont hear what is being said.

I tried joking with a family member about going "pantsless in solidarity" with some folks that were given a Final Warning about going to their mailbox without pants. Since it was very very cold, I felt it was funny. A year ago, he would have either said "youre kidding, right?" or "youre an idiot." I miss that... Instead, he said something about blindly fighting any & all authority and "what if those people were exposing themselves to children" on the way to grab the mail..

I kinda miss being called an idiot, I guess you could say lol I just shrugged, said that Ill continue on in silence and walked away.

How do we respond when so many conversations are like that? Its like they forgot who I am.
edit on 26-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
We are required to wear masks when out shopping in my state. I don't want to wear one, but I don't want to be confronted about it. When I went to the grocery store today, there was only one guy who wasn't wearing a mask. It still bothered me even though I think they're pointless. I thought, "Oh you think you're above this?" Weird how our psychology works. I can only imagine what people actually think in this situation who are 100% all in with the mainstream media perspective.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join