It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete loss of critical thinking during this outbreak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So there I was having a seemingly normal conversation, and I passed along what a doctor said earlier on the radio as well as what history showed during the Spanish flu, that direct sunlight was helpful and had an impact on the life span of the virus outside the host.

I immediately got bombarded with well tell the Philippines, or Singapore that they shouldn't have any infected...

What the H E double Hockey sticks is wrong with people, it doesn't mean you cant be infected, it doesn't mean it cant survive at all it doesn't mean people will magically improve just from sitting in the sun, it means it is helpful and has a significant impact on the virus outside of a host.

I have never claimed to be a genius, or even smart, heck I wouldn't claim to be more than dead joe average (and that may be stretching things) when it comes to medical things and the benefits of clean air, and sunshine has been shown multiple times throughout history, especially when you add in the advances in personal hygiene.

I

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The loss of critical thinking skills has nothing to do with this outbreak. People do not think critically in general, haven't for years. The educational system discourages critical thinking and people are just lazy anyway and prefer to let someone else think for them and tell them what to believe.

As far as the reactions you're getting, people have been manipulated into a state of irrational fear. They, sadly, embrace that fear and find some kind of warped false sense of security in it. If you threaten their fear, you threaten their security.

I know, it's weird.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

TDS, orangemanbad, the bottom line is Trump made mention of it and the puppets on the idiot box are squawking that it is a lie.

Like the one CIA spook said years ago something to the effect, "When people believe everything we programmed them to believe, we will know we have won.".

My how far MKultra has come.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

We are witnessing the effects of decades of manipulation based on everything from authority worship to addiction to extreme emotions.

Many have been spun off into their own reality, one which is defined by very specific media sources (like CNN) and feedback techniques (dopamine addiction through twitter, facebook). All the while being convinced its everyone else who has gone "crazy." Usually with tinges of all the buzzwords that started to be implaned circa 2012.

Its not that theres a lack of critical thinking.. Theres a lack of thinking at all. Just consume media/product, regurgitate, get dopamine hits. Then project it all on everyone else, to avoid self-reflection. Lots of pretty typical addict behavior involved.

As a "lefty," Ive watched it happen in real time over the years as I slowly became more and more of a Heretic. Notably, its not so much defined by specific beliefs, but *behavioral response* to Authority.

The current situation seems to be severing the small, tenuous threads that still tied that "reality bubble" to the rest of us. Probably not a good thing..
edit on 24-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: Behavioral response to authority, important!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
A example of the long standing inability to think logically in periods of stress , at least in the US ,is the fact that people are still willing to see things as a Republican or Democrat scenario and believe that any of the top leaders from either party are doing a good job.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Just present the science to them. You know. D3. That way, whatever they throw at you, is an attack by them on scientific facts.

Im taking vitamin D3 and K2 s supplements, but also get out into the sun everyday to drench my biggest organ(skin) in pure sunlight

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

"Our (work) will be complete, when everything the public believes is false." I remember that quote. How could you read that and not think something is seriously wrong with the power hierarchy in this country and the world at large.

You tell people the FACT (not theory) the CIA has been meddling in news agencies since the 50's and it doesn't even register what the implications are. And yet here we are. Almost like we are Stockholm Syndromed into embracing our abusers.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
People have been taught binary thinking at best.

Good/bad, I/O. What you told them does not compute because there are cases in hot, sunny areas. Ergo, they have LOGIC! (tm) that they learned at school and feel they can defeat you by shouting you down. If even one case exists in one of those areas, you must be stupid and they are smart.

No one taught them that there was always a reasonable degree of gray in between many binaries.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
What the H E double Hockey sticks is wrong with people, it doesn't mean you cant be infected, it doesn't mean it cant survive at all it doesn't mean people will magically improve just from sitting in the sun, it means it is helpful and has a significant impact on the virus outside of a host.

There is another factor, and a very good reason to tell others to go to "H E double Hockey sticks" if they say something to you about being outside getting sun...

Direct, high-noon day sunlight is the only way to get a good dose of Vitamin D - other than supplementation.

Most people are woefully deficient already due to the modern lifestyle. Factor in the lock-down nonsense, especially the insane recommendation for people to 'stay indoors' - only fuels the fire. Then you have the insanity about forcing everyone to wear masks, thereby multiplying dramatically the exposure you get if you do encounter someone with the virus.

No thanks, I'm done, I'm living my life, if you don't like it, stay home yourself.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It is impossible to talk to stupid.

Don't try more than once, then walk away.
edit on 24/4/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Everything that comes out of Trump's mouth is a lie. Hydroxychoroquine therapy is useless or worse, sunlight and warmer weather is a fantasy, in fact whatever he says it's likely the complete opposite is true.

Ok now I fully expect everyone who feels the above is true informs their attending physician of these "facts". You can feel righteously justified as they hook you up to the ventilator. If you're going down, at least you'll go down swinging!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

Thanks for looking the statement up!

I didn't feel it would matter anyways, so just went off the cuff with it.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Everything that comes out of Trump's mouth is a lie. Hydroxychoroquine therapy is useless or worse, sunlight and warmer weather is a fantasy, in fact whatever he says it's likely the complete opposite is true

At least the Global Warming BS has stopped.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

Another indicator of this:

Watch peoples total obsession with Links and Sources. Doesnt seem like much.. But notice the consistency of thought patterns among those who *demand* such things for any sort of legitimacy.

Independent thought is heresy.. Sources that give the most dopamine, the drug of choice.

Even when sources arent obsessively demanded, or used as the basis for every post.. Its like literally trying to communicate with a news broadcast. Thats not meant as an insult either, more an observation. A very, very consistent one.

I think it must also be mentioned that this isnt just "dumb" people. Folks of *all* intelligence levels can get addicted to the "socially acceptable" behavioral response to Authority.
edit on 24-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Or look at how people divide their sources too. This is acceptable; that is not. One source will be rejected outright even if the data you're pulling from it comes directly from government data and agencies. I've had that happen before.

I've found tables of stats from government agencies (FBI, CDC, what have you), but if the sources that I drew those states from were linked via a conservative source, then the government data was rejected outright. No one altered the data tables from those sources; it's just that someone at that source went to the effort to dig that data out into the light of day.

In order to have any chance of getting that data accepted, I've had to learn how to chase those tables back to their sources and link direct.

edit on 24-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Post of the month!

but its both left and right, we need to drop that paradigm .

Same result , just different programming.

Just consume media/product, regurgitate, get dopamine hits. Then project it all on everyone else, to avoid self-reflection. Lots of pretty typical addict behavior involved.

As a "lefty," Ive watched it happen in real time over the years as I slowly became more and more of a Heretic. Notably, its not so much defined by specific beliefs, but *behavioral response* to Authority.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those "other" sources are like trying to give saline solution to a heroin addict. They will reject it outright.

There are a lot more facets to it, from social conditioning to politics to fear.

But, if a source doesnt either immediately get an extreme emotion flowing, or cant be used to do so through likes and shares.. Well, it doesnt feed the addiction.

Like you said, all of a sudden a source can become an Almighty Source simply by presenting it in a way that delivers that hit. Of course, this is almost always done in terms of the "correct" behavioral response to Authority.

Not too many years ago, "they" had to kind of obfuscate those other sources. But.. Folks are addicted enough now that they dont need to bother.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

They are different control paradigms. This all started in earnest, however, on the left.

Again, Im speaking as a lefty. One that is certainly "odd," but all the same.. I have been warning about it for decades now.

They need to be addressed differently, as the manipulation of the right is essentially done as a reaction to what has been done to the left.

There are plenty of reasons for this, but its essentially based on the notion that left-leaning mindsets are more amenable to drastic change. ETA: Its not coincidence that the vast majority of arenas with the most social influence now lean to what most call "the left:" social platforms, media in general, colleges, global organizations like the UN/WHO, etc.

Just my opinion, of course, but Ive always felt it was more meaningful to call out our own "side."
edit on 24-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
As far as the reactions you're getting, people have been manipulated into a state of irrational fear. They, sadly, embrace that fear and find some kind of warped false sense of security in it. If you threaten their fear, you threaten their security.

I know, it's weird.

Not so weird actually. They protect their fear so vehemently, because it keeps them from facing the real danger, which is much more terrifying. It's normal behaviour, but still a sign of weakness.

soulwaxer

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

very concerning to me at least, Some of these folks are highly educated professional others are experienced world traveling members of the military.

We all can get caught up in the hysteria and fear, but to not continue researching and adjusting your opinion as more facts comes to light when many have career that depend on being efficient and able to trouble shoot, and make decisions based on logic kind of concerns me.
edit on 24-4-2020 by Irishhaf because: space bar revolt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join