It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This lock down is now getting me down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I outlayed a bunch of cash to start a new business I can't start till the lockdown ends, it sucks I'm hoping it ends soon but I'm not holding my breath, too many stupid people out there that will extend the amount of lockdown required to beat this bug.

So to them I say go lick some doorknobs.
edit on 19-4-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Welcome to the boat most of your fellow man are in... it sucks but "we are in this together"

Ummm...well...at least until it goes full tits up as Trueman said...

Then...it’s every man for himself...

And tits up doesn’t necessarily have to be related to any virus...economic collapse of nations will undoubtedly be the catalyst for war...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your situation Allaroundyou. For me personally, I'm getting used to these pitfalls in my life at my advancing age, it's usually a case of feast or famine for me anyway. That said, I should be used to it by now, however . . .

After the shock and panic of the extreme measures employed due to the CORVID19 pandemic wore off, I figured all the projects that need done around here would keep my mind off this crap storm. It has while I'm going at it, but I suspect I'm experiencing symptoms of repressed emotions, a general depression that makes it hard to motivate.

Here in the sticks, I have pretty much the same freedom to go and do stuff like fishing, morel hunting, hiking, and what have you, but I haven't acted on that and have stayed home. I have just worked on the property, got my stuff more organized, and wasted a bunch of time due to the malaise.

One important question I've been wondering about is when the general population will reach a breaking point. If I'm starting to lose it, then other people already have. I didn't think the protest here in Lansing Michigan would be the spark, but it is building up.

Is anyone here reaching their limit with this situation?
edit on 19-4-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
When we moved into our house, we knew it was small, but we're a commuter family. We don't spend much time in it. We're usually out and about in one way or another and very seldom all here together spending much time.

Now that we're locked down in it, we feel the small space keenly. Husband and I are introverts with an extroverted son. We're stepping on each other's toes a lot these past few days.

And no one tells you how hard it is to work from home when son isn't independent with his schoolwork and one or the other of you has to stop what you're doing to ride herd on him. So it's really two adults juggling homeschooling and working and trying to decide who does what and when.

At least we are still working ... but it's getting to us.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Welcome to the boat most of your fellow man are in... it sucks but "we are in this together"

Except we're not. Anyone who works for the state/government continues to get paid off the taxes and money they're printing for themselves. I'm embarrassed to say I am one of those people. I'm thankful for the income of course, but it doesn't put a sense of urgency in those making these decisions when their livelihood is completely unaffected. I've basically been told I don't have to go back to work until September but will continue to be paid. I'm bored and frustrated at the entire thing, and like I said, ashamed at feeling like a collaborator.

The only way to end this lockdown is for people to just start ignoring it. Go ahead and open your shops and businesses and go back to normal despite what the state is telling you. They don't have enough police to enforce their tyranny. Plus, once people see they don't die immediately upon entering a clothing store or restaurant, others will likewise follow. In some states I don't think the governors ever plan to let go of their power now that they've had a taste of authoritarian dictatorship.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What's a savings?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Best time for suicide is tomorrow.

Life seems to sort itself out even without interaction

when you give it more time, small adjustments, good little seemingly unimportant decisions and everyday deeds, lack of the bad ones. Almost like a fkn movie
edit on 19/4/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnrkE
a reply to: seattlerat

Yea... No fun allowed. Pissed you werent invited? How would you spend the end of days? Folding laundry and reading a paperback?

Is it not possible to have fun without sex/drugs/rock & roll? If these are the limitations of your ability to experience fun, why can't you engage in these activities "solo"?

My friends ALL know better than to have social gatherings during a pandemic, so there would be no invitations from/to any of us- I WOULD BE PISSED IF THERE HAD BEEN ANY!

I do not believe this is the end of days- obviously, things change. I have enough remaining brain-function to have the ability to socialize and keep myself entertained/occupied without putting myself or (more importantly) OTHERS at risk.

Certainly, it is ENTIRELY up to individuals who are at high risk (or who just don't want to contract and/or pass on a NEW virus that we are still learning about) to protect themselves, however, it MIGHT be reasonable to expect that the rest of the population (even if they are not concerned about their own health) would have enough respect for humanity to modify their individual behavior for the duration of this pandemic.

In the span of an average human life, a few weeks of social isolation seems like a small sacrifice to HELP protect vulnerable individuals. Perhaps the vulnerable person you save with your selflessness will go on to do something wonderful. Give us a chance to survive!
edit on 4192020 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Mods if you feel as though I should have placed this in another forum please fix my honest mistake.

So I have been working from home and then just the other day I was let go......
So now I have to fall back on my savings. This whole thing sucks dude. All the bull crap I have had to endure this past year has just been borderline unendurable.
My savings and what not will last about one maybe two years. And I was just about to move but now I cannot.
I can’t leave my home cause either I mucked up or the state did, my travel paperwork is off.
This stay at home order is freaking getting to me.
I need to make money man and add to my savings. I worked so damn hard to rid myself of debt and now this

If anyone else is truly going through the same please rant on!

I wonder too after thinking of all this if it’s more difficult for those who are younger, or extroverted or both. In my case, I’m 55, and my husband suffered a stroke in February. After five days in the hospital, he was sent to a nursing home for therapy and recovery. Pretty early on, they determined that there was a limited amount they could do for him. He requires 24 hour around the clock care, and there is no way I can take care of him. So he will be permanently in the nursing home. This has caused of course an undue amount of stress on top of the COVID-19 stuff.

Now I’m alone in my condo. It is our first house, and is the biggest place I’ve ever lived. I have plenty of room and lots of things to keep me preoccupied. I have always been a homebody and introverted. I like being able to spend hours on the internet, reading, watching TV and movies. I have two patios I can choose on to sit outside when the weather is nice. My neighborhood is quiet, many older folks like me. I go on daily walks to get out of the house and get fresh air, 2-4 miles a day. People are really nice here. So I am pretty content. I’ve learned after 55 years on this planet that we play with the hand we’re dealt with. All in all, despite the stress, I will be okay. I have people I can call/text/message if I’m having a sucky day. Fortunately being retired and receiving a pension, my income isn’t taking a hit.

I hope you too have someone to talk to when you’re having a bad day. I hope you have some things you can do to fill your time and raise your morale.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat
no sorry....not possible. sex drugs and rock and roll are all necessary. go back to netflix

top topics

<< 1   >>

join