It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel 123 Years Right Now.....

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Before i get started, i am aware the sound is a generic add on, even the uploader says it.
Im also aware that somewhere there is probably footage even older than this
But for something from 1897!!
This sharp unbelievable quality footage is absolutly baffling.
I like to put it at 0.75 or 0.50 speed so i can notice every detail from the person in the background to the kids playing

To think this is 123 years old, and every single person here, their family, everyone they knew long dead.. makes you realise how short life is!

Another fascinating thing is a lot of these older people, would have DEFINATLY met in their younger years, people who lived in the 1700s.

Again, i cant even begin to say how insignificant it makes you feel we are in the long scheme of things

edit on 11-4-2020 by PandaPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i thought somebody would have liked this

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I liked it, and totally agree with your thoughts about it, when ever I see really old pictures or videos like that its trippy to think that everyone in them are long gone.

It both makes our lives seem all to short and fleeting, but at the same time, it gives a sense of closeness to people who would have lived in the 1700's, as we can see people they knew, in both pics, and video.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My son and I watched and enjoyed it!
Thanks!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

i love historical recordings!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A time travel trip back to then would make a trip to the moon appear insignificant!
Now that would be one hell of a vacation. Who knows for those in the future, or maybe now, who knows. Lucky sods.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Not very likely that anyone in your video, or anyone living in 1897 really knew anyone from the 1700's. Maybe a small handful but life expectancy back then was like 40-55 years if I remember correctly. May have been a little less depending on what part of the world you may have been back then.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
That’s why the universe is unfathombly vast (Multiverse).

When your soul is done on this planet you move some place else, to try another time, dimension or maybe even get put back in to the same life you just left just right back at the start again.

Somewhere that scene is still being played out in ‘real life’.

Time is not linear.

MR

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

Not very likely that anyone in your video, or anyone living in 1897 really knew anyone from the 1700's. Maybe a small handful but life expectancy back then was like 40-55 years if I remember correctly. May have been a little less depending on what part of the world you may have been back then.

you are wrong
its very possible
think again
video 1887
theres quite a few people who dont look any younger than EARLY 70S in this video
they would definatly as a youth have met people from the 1700s
please rethink your comment as it and i dont mean this in a nasty way, is far from the truth

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Love it. Jerusalem under Ottoman Empire. Just look at the Hat. Way more multicultural than today.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Love it. Jerusalem under Ottoman Empire. Just look at the Hat. Way more multicultural than today.

amazing isnt it, with all the 4k and phones everywhere, this footage is 10000 times clearer and sharper than any `so called ufo footage` nowadays

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess
i thought somebody would have liked this

Lol you gave it all of 17 minutes between 1st and 2nd posts
I see that a lot on ATS and it makes me chuckle.

This is super cool, thank you for sharing. I didn't know about slowing down the speed - is that a basic YouTube feature or a 3rd-party add-on to do so? I'll investigate in the morning after bunny time. Can't find my durned headphones to watch it at the moment. Generic sound or not, the sound on these OLD vids helps me get into them.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess

originally posted by: cognizant420

you are wrong
its very possible
think again
video 1887
theres quite a few people who dont look any younger than EARLY 70S in this video
they would definatly as a youth have met people from the 1700s
please rethink your comment as it and i dont mean this in a nasty way, is far from the truth

Absolutely true. And they wouldn't even need to be north of 70. Someone who was 50 (extremely common to live that long at the time) , would have been 10 years old in 1847, when they could have met a 48 year old born in 1799.

That average life expectancy killed a LOT of newborns, infants, children, etc. People who made it to adulthood didn't suddenly wither like Palpatine at 40-45 years old. Just walking around my grandparents cemetary, I notice more octogenarians from the 1800's than those who died aged 50 or less.

new topics

top topics

join