It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Any other canucks on here applying for this?

I've been out of work since mid march (i work in a bar and do residential renovations), so I applied for it, they say I can expect $2000 in my bank account beginning of next week, and can then apply for more every few weeks. I live a pretty simple existence at this point, so that one payment might actually keep me going until this is all sorted. My bank is also allowing me to go a few months without any credit card payments.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

It's a good job they can conjure up the dough electronically , isn't it . If the central banks don't write off the bills at the end of all this , it'd be a not very nice surprise .

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

when all is said and done, many canadians will have to pay back some of this, but it will be interest free at least.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Havent applied for it yet.

Im currently at work.
Supposed to be leaving Monday, however, the Ministry of Health came here because we had originally 1 employee who tested positive for the virus.
Then they found his 5 man crew was at risk.
They got tested and it came back positive.
So, because we had 6 people infected on site, the entire place got put on quarantine.
No one can leave until April 18.

After the lockdown here, we will be closing down and going onto care and maintenance.

I got an email that in addition to my regular pay, I would get 5 days OT on my next cheque, then paid for the remainder of April.

After which, I have no idea what's going to happen.
My wife is still working, but one paycheque isn't going to be enough to keep this household afloat.
3 teenagers... all they do is eat and crap.
Lots of food and lots of toilet paper.

I might have to apply for it as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Yeah.

I live in Florida and I am very leery of this supposed "gift" to the people. For some reason I am starting to feel a bit like the goose.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yes.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The CERB is a benefit eligible to people residing in Canada.

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It isn't a gift. It's in the bill that it is basically a loan that you will pay back to the IRS. So when next tax season rolls around, those who will be expecting to get check back from the IRS won't be getting one.

My answer is to those of us in the US who are getting a check.
edit on 11-4-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Any other canucks on here applying for this?

I've been out of work since mid march (i work in a bar and do residential renovations), so I applied for it, they say I can expect $2000 in my bank account beginning of next week, and can then apply for more every few weeks. I live a pretty simple existence at this point, so that one payment might actually keep me going until this is all sorted. My bank is also allowing me to go a few months without any credit card payments.

Be sure to put some of it aside to cover the taxes you will pay on it next year. It's a big ouch. Lots of info online about calculating that. Believe it works out to about 400 out of each 2000 you receive.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

This would depend totally on your tax bracket.

join