It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE in 'Matthew' chapter 27 (v. 52-53)- HISTORY or MIDRASHIC LEGEND/

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Groupies--

The 'resurrection' of R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir (BCE 12 - 36 CE) following his execution for armed sedition against Rome during Peach in early April of 36 CE is a cornerstone of Pauline Christianity long before 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 was even written down where 'Shao'ul 0f Tarsus in Cilicia' cites a list of 'manifestations' of 'Iesous' to various apostles following the execution of their leader during the 100th Anniversary (= two Jubilees) of the Invasion of the Roman Army in 63 BCE (Pompey's annexation of Judaea under puppet kings like the later-installed Herod the 'Great', this armed revolt against Rome was mentioned by the anonymous author of the Greek canonical 'gospel' of 'Mark' (whoever he was) in chapter 14:47 as THE INSURRECTION (as if the gospel writer's audience knew of it) of the book when 'Jesus-'BarAbbas' (='Yeshua son of god') was arrested for terrorist activity and placed alongside 'Jesus who is called haMeshia'q, the Nazir (or Branch of the House of David) who was supposed to rebuild the Temple (read Zechariah 6:9 etc.). Paul may have wished to bolster his own 'apostolic authority' by placing himself lat on the list of 'manifestations' of the 'exalted Messiah'--in his case nearly 3 years later in Damascus: these persons did not ';actually see' the exalted Messiah but rather were shown 'manifestations' of his presence---'he was manifested first to Kephah (Perter) then to the 12, then to his brother James, then to the 70 apostles, then to nearly 500 at once 'from heaven', and last of all he manifested himself unto me...

The canonical greek 'council approv'd gospels all follow the same rough basic outline of events for the Crucifixion narratives, but after they copied out their own narratives closely following the earliest gospel of 'Mark' up to where the text breaks off in mid-sentence (Mark 16:8, ephobounto gar - the women were afraid (to speak) because--') the others diverge from each other dramatically in terms of who exactly saw what...in other words, the Resurrection narratives do not very closely match each other after Mark 16:8...

But even weirder is 'Matthew' chapter 27:52-53 where it states 'then the mount (of Olives) split in two and many tombs flew open and many of the holy ones who had fallen asleep returned to life AND MANIFESTED THEMSELVES to the Many (whoever they were) in the holy City (Yerushalayim)...'

These words seem to have been an early marginalia inserted into later copies of the Greek text of the first canonical council-approved greek Gospel of 'Matthew' (whoever he was)--they interrupt the flow of the text in terms of what was written immediately before and after...but what do these verses mean to-day? Are we to imagine a literal 'zombie apocalypse' with the dead walking around the streets of Jerusalem back in 36 BCE --or is this merely a midradshic legend based on Hebrew Daniel chapter 12:1-2 with a reference to Zechariah chapter 14 ?

Again the word 'opthe' ('was manifested' unto xxx) was used in both cases--not 'see/saw', which is more in line with the Mystery Religions whose ceremonial rituals include at the end a 'manifestation' f the god to their baptized initiates (called 'Mustes', hence, Mystery Religions, e.g. the Mysteries of Serapis (Wuzir & Hapi, or 'Osiris & Apis'), the Mysteries of Mithras (born on 25 December every year in honor of his title the Sun of Righteousness), the Mysteries of Attis (three days of mourning following the death of the god and one ay of revelry ('Hilaria') when the god was resurrected back to life by Rhea-Kubaba (=Cybele), (cf. the Mysteries of Melchizedek at Qumran, etc.) all of whom share the idea of a dying god who is resurrected back to life and who 'manifests himself' to his initiates.

Tennis, anyone? Come on, you're all Sheltered in Place tonight and probably bored out of your tiny minds==just keep a civil tongue under your fingertips--this subject is highly explosive to some viewers !!
edit on 10-4-2020 by Sigismundus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sigismundus
Groupies--

Again the word 'opthe' ('was manifested' unto xxx) was used in both cases--not 'see/saw', which is more in line with the Mystery Religions whose ceremonial rituals include at the end a 'manifestation' f the god to their baptized initiates (called 'Mustes', hence, Mystery Religions, e.g. the Mysteries of Serapis (Wuzir & Hapi, or 'Osiris & Apis'), the Mysteries of Mithras (born on 25 December every year in honor of his title the Sun of Righteousness), the Mysteries of Attis (three days of mourning following the death of the god and one ay of revelry ('Hilaria') when the god was resurrected back to life by Rhea-Kubaba (=Cybele), (cf. the Mysteries of Melchizedek at Qumran, etc.) all of whom share the idea of a dying god who is resurrected back to life and who 'manifests himself' to his initiates.

Tennis, anyone? Come on, you're all Sheltered in Place tonight and probably bored out of your tiny minds==just keep a civil tongue under your fingertips--this subject is highly explosive to some viewers !!

Am I to take your word for this?
Do I think you are a scholar, theologian, historian or someone repeating something somebody whispered to you one evening

So, a few links, a little more than just your little story would go a long way.

Jesus wasn’t born on the 25the
Problem with Gnosticism, zeitgeist and others, you build on imaginary Christianity, not biblical Christian theology, build on christian superstition so mostly, it’s easily dismissed

Show me some text

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yep, but those zombies...and we wonder if they hung out for 40 days or not.....those zombies were first fruits....

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Hi Raggedy--

The Persian savior-god Mitra (born on 25 December, the birthday of Sol Invictus, the Unconquerable Sun when the 'shadows'; on the sundial begin to lengthen) was introduced into Rome in 63 BCE by Cilician pirates in Tarsus; the Mysteries of Mithras thus had a 100 year head start on the Mysteries of Christ who later copied the date of the god's birth as the Solar Birthday of the Messiah (Greek: ho Christos). Christians borrowed a great deal from the Mysteries of Mithras including being born in a rock cave and being called 'The Mediator Between gods and men' --even the Bishops of Rome still wear the Mitre (Persian cap of Mitra)

I for one do not expect any one to take anyone's word for anything--you will have to do your own research as I've done mine. I take it you are unfamiliar with the original Hebrew & Greek biblical/canonical/council approved texts? Seems to me you've got some catching up to do, young man...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

In Matthew, it is the temple veil (or curtain) that was torn in two, top to bottom when Jesus died.

It wan't the Mount of Olives splitting in two.

However the Mount of Olives does split in two when Jesus returns, as prophesied in Revelation.

edit on 10/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Hi Raggedy--

The Persian savior-god Mitra (born on 25 December, the birthday of Sol Invictus, the Unconquerable Sun when the 'shadows'; on the sundial begin to lengthen) was introduced into Rome in 63 BCE by Cilician pirates in Tarsus; the Mysteries of Mithras thus had a 100 year head start on the Mysteries of Christ who later copied the date of the god's birth as the Solar Birthday of the Messiah (Greek: ho Christos). Christians borrowed a great deal from the Mysteries of Mithras including being born in a rock cave and being called 'The Mediator Between gods and men' --even the Bishops of Rome still wear the Mitre (Persian cap of Mitra)

I for one do not expect any one to take anyone's word for anything--you will have to do your own research as I've done mine. I take it you are unfamiliar with the original Hebrew & Greek biblical/canonical/council approved texts? Seems to me you've got some catching up to do, young man...

It’s common knowledge that the Catholic Church incorporated much paganism into their theology
Cut the crappy big words, they don’t make you sound intelligent, just a wannabe

Again, didn’t ask your opinion, just evidence, links, something other than your opinion, called citation
Otherwise your opinion is just nothing to me and anyone who has a mind of their own

I am not interested in researching your fairy tales, why would I even consider going on a egg hunt, for your pretend fantasy
Offer something substantial to interest me, or don’t
Just another religious nut job asking me to believe in reptilians coming from alien ships with a tank army on mars that’s really flat

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Your participation is voluntary.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

Really, really?
Dooby, let’s say there is something in this above scenario worth considering, something valid posted by Sigs
Are you suggesting I ignore the scenario?
Are you suggesting I don’t question everything I know?
Are you telling me to?
To what exactly?

That might work for you, might work in your little bubble but sorry, it’s not for me
I am happy to question everything, question my faith, question this life

You go on believing, accepting what you are told, following what suits your world view
Don’t tell me what to do, I don’t appreciate being silenced when I want to know something
It’s like you are hiding something, treating me like I am stupid
Just show the citations and I can make my own mind up
Participate where and when I like, here I am

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Hi Raggedy--

So no citations, just your little story, something you made up, stars and flags?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Hi Raggedy--

The Persian savior-god Mitra (born on 25 December,

The Romanized version of Mithraism, a military cult, reached its peak about 100 CE to 400 CE.

Over time, its ceremonies and practices were added to, as with all new religions that change and add 'traditions' - including Christianity.

Roman Mithraism was already syncretic of Persian Mithraism and Roman cultism from its very beginnings. Some of the ceremonies and practices in Roman Mithraism were clearly intended to duplicate those of Christianity, which had risen to popularity prior to the establishment of those Mithraic practices. That Mithraism also added elements of Christianity is not unexpected.

the birthday of Sol Invictus, the Unconquerable Sun

Sol Invictus was different than, and also 100 years later than, Roman Mithraism. Sol Invictus was officially 'launched' by the Emperor Aurelian (270 CE - 275 CE). Again, it incorporated elements of the earlier Christian worship and existing Roman cults. There have been lots of 'Sun gods' all through history. A Roman one is noting particularly original.

Sol Invictus when the 'shadows'; on the sundial begin to lengthen) was introduced into Rome in 63 BCE by Cilician pirates in Tarsus; the Mysteries of Mithras thus had a 100 year head start on the Mysteries of Christ

Could you please provide a supportive link or historical reference for that?

who later copied the date of the god's birth as the Solar Birthday of the Messiah (Greek: ho Christos). Christians borrowed a great deal from the Mysteries of Mithras including being born in a rock cave

Jesus wasn't born in a rock cave, but in a stable attached to an Inn.

and being called 'The Mediator Between gods and men' --even the Bishops of Rome still wear the Mitre (Persian cap of Mitra)

The Hebrew texts which prophesied the life and acts of Jesus are from well before the rise of Rome. If you want precedent, look there.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Let's get a script going.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Hi Chrono--

It seems to me that there are two good reasons for seeing the OPPOSITE of what you want to see, viz. Roman Mithraism was introduce by Cilician pirates from TARSUS as early as 63 BCE during Pompey's arrests and invasion of Judaea (Tarsus is where Paul was later born, the capital city of Mithraism in the west) ...

It is therefore not surprising that after nearly 3 generations of Mithraic soldiers converting steadily within the Roman Army since 63 BCE that Paul could not help but incorporate certain elements from the Mithraic solar cult into his own rituals e.g. 'putting on Christ' (stolen, or more politely, 'adapted' from 'putting on Mithras') or the communion ritual of bread and wine which existed more than 100 years before 'Jesus' as well as Mithras' own title as ;'Mediator between the gods and men...' etc.

is it not striking to you that the present Basilica of St Peter's stands right over an elaborate and well preserved Mithraeum in the basement ? You can easily figure out who came first !!!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Sorry, Chrono, you wanted some references ? check out Prof. Vermaseren's inciteful comments (edited by John Hinnels) in MITHRAIC STUDIES : BEING THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF MITHRAIC STUDIES, 1975 VOL 2 in Manchester Univ Press pages 467-9 where Fayyum in Egypt had a Roman military outpost was early as 230 BCE where a Mithraeum was unearthed.

This whole series should (in theory) provide you with the some of the basic, necessary historical archaeological background before resorting to irrelevant 4th century CE settings & other later developments of the Mithraic cults.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Raggedy--

What big words don't you understand? Believe me, I am trying very hard to communicate with as many people as possible. I imagine with your comparatively small vocabulary (and evidently limited Weltanschauung) you must be very young...

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Again, didn’t ask your opinion, just evidence, links, something other than your opinion

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Many years back I was in communication with a woman that claimed to have visual visitations by Jesus. She told me she was confused because Jesus often appeared with a red bull next to him. At the time I was clueless but now realize that the bull is part of Mithraism. She asked me if I wanted Jesus to visit me and out of curoisity I answered yes. Whatever visited me was powerful.

Me thinks Paul was Apollonius of Tyana, a convert to Mithraism but was said to be "unconvential sort"!

Apollonius of Tyana likely hired Plutarch (Lucius was his roman name) to write the Gospel of Like. Plutarch a neo-pythagorean imbedded numerology in his gospel to identify himself and to also tell a greater truth to other neo-pythagoreans.

The end times is directly from zoroastrianism. Said to happen in 3000 years time which would make it imminent. So watch out in the skies for meteor strike or two.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Hi Glend--

I see traces of the Mystery schools in the 3rd canonical council-approv'd Greek gospel 'according to Luke' (whoever was) but it is also a fact that the 4th gospel ('according to John the Presbuteros' whoever he was) cites a Pythagorean Mystery Religious note with a direct and unmistakably overt reference to the sacred PISCIS ratio (265:153) in the manifestation of the exalted Messiah in John chapter 21--and the number of FISH caught in the net (Gk. ichthus/ Latin = 'pisces') was 153; that sacred Pythagorean ratio forms the upper curve and the lower curve of the later 'Christian' fish-symbol (using ICHTHUS in Greek for fish, the first 3-letters of which spell ICH (IESOUS hoCHRISTOS = the Messiah Yeshua aka 'Jesus Christ')

Clearly ALL 4 canonical council-approv'd Greek gospels (as well as the sayings Gospel of Yehuda ha Thomah--aka 'GOSPEL of JUDAS DIDUMOS THOMAS') contain a great deal of the language of the Mystery Schools which had been around in Egypt for more than 1000 years before the time of R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean (BCE 12-36CE) and earlier than the gospel accounts were set in writing in Greek, Shao'ul of TARSUS in Cilicia wrote his epistles to the Corinthian & Thessalonian synagogues with phrases like 'Behold I tell you a MUSTERION...' or when Clement of Alexandria much later referred refers to 'the MYSTERIES of the Meshia'q (Gk. ho Christos) they were clearly in competition with the 30 or so Mystery Schools of the Roman Empire which trace their schools back to before the Mysteries of Kore & Persephone at Eleusis which celebrated the dying and rising of a wheat kernel and the drinking of sacred wine directly from the Kumbalion Chalice (bevelled cymbal) celebrating the death & resurrection of the earth in the form of the mother-goddess Gaia via the descent of the virgin daughter of Kore-Demeter the Greek mother & cereal-earth goddess into hell/the underworld for 6 months a year, hence 'winter above ground while Demeter weeps...' ).

A close reading of the Greek phrases in the NT plac'd into the mouth of a Greek speaking 'Iesous' shew the influence of the Mysteries of Melchizedek found among the Dead Sea Scrolls (11Q13Melch copied out at Qumran around 130 BCE--long before 'Iesous' came around--and based partly on an Aramaic Targum of Gen chapter 14) where Avram is a guest of the priest-king of Shalayim-Jebus in a 'mysterious' bread and wine ceremony prefigures the arrival of King Meshia'q in the 3rd Jubilee pf the invasion of the Kittim (50 years marks one jubilee so the very end of second jubilee counting from 63 BCE would mark the 99th/100th year anniversary of the Roman invasion in 35 CE, with the beginning of the 3rd Jubilee in 36 CE, the year of THE INSURRECTION' of 'Mark' 14:53 suggesting the timeline 'Iesous' used ('the Times of the gentiles are now completed, i.e. are 'fulfilled'; therefore hear O Yisro'el, return to the Torah and the Testimony and prepare for the coming kingdom of David...'

The Dead Sea scrolls (which were copied-out between 350 BCE and 68 CE) shew abundant evidence of making syncretistic use of the various Mystery Cults all of whom had books of Rules for their initiates ('mustes') and involved dying and rising saviour gods & goddesses...e.g. the Mysteries of the Romanised Persian savior-god Mithras, the Mysteries of Attanuzzi (Adonis), the Mysteries of Eleusis (Kore & Persephone), the Mysteries of Serapis (Osiris-Apis), the Mysteries of the blood-of-the-grape wine demi-god Dionysios Zagreos ('born of a virgin maiden & the god Zeus-piter', the Mysteries Attis & the mother-goddess Kubaba aka Cybele, the Mysteries of Orpheos, the Mysteries of Aset & Wuzir (=Isis and Osiris, using a dying-god & resurrection motif) and dozens of lesser-known ones.

But getting back to the infamous insertion into the 1st canonical Greek Gospel of 'Matthew' chapter 27:51-53 aka the 'Zombie Apocalypse' I wonder how did the righteous dead buried outside Eretz Yisro'el manage exactly to emerge from their cavernous tombs at the Mount of Olives when it 'was split from north to south by a large earthquake so that the bodies of the righteous were thrown out of their graves' ? Perhaps the Rebbes' answer that there were tubes of hollowed out caverns in the lands of the gentiles which all fed into 'the rocks of the mount of olives east of Yerushalayim' allowing the righteous dead warriors of qol-Yisro'el to 'roll into the holy land' at the call of King Meshia'q ?
edit on 13-4-2020 by Sigismundus because: too fast finger'd for my own good

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Possibly evidence for a binary interpretation in Revelations?
Olive with a backwards split spells evil o.
John was pretty good at math I wouldn't doubt it.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Hi Slichter--

The Apocalypse ('removal of the veil') of Yohanon the Levite is also known as The Book of Revelation (in the singular) and may have been originally conceived as an Aramaic or Hebrew language lament poem in stanzas of 3, 6, 12 & 24 lines which was VERY badly translated into 1st century koine Greek by an Aramaic speaker (one of the 70 apostolic?) whose Greek was very rudimentary (like the anonymous writer of the gospel of 'Mark' whoever he was...) during the 1st Fail'd Jewish War Against Rome c. 69 CE during the 'tottering year of the 4 Emperors of Rome' - but it was certainly not written or conceiv'd of in 21st century American English, so unfortunately you cannot interpret the book in terms of any modern western language -- but that is not to say thew writer(s) of Revelation did not think on two or more levels--he certainly did !

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

My goodness Sigismundus, you are a wealth of knowledge. I have wondered if the other gospels contained numerology. You have answered that question for me.

Something that antagonised me for long time is the name of BarAbbas you mentioned in your original comment. In some translations BarAbbas can mean "son of the father". To my mind, it was a riddle....

Jesus, son of the father, was murdered
So Jesus, son of the father, the murderer, could live.

But who did Jesus murder! Then it hit me, he murdered Jesus. Not in body, but in spirit. The entire crucifixion was fiction to complete the story of the messiah. Rejected by the people he decided to start a new chapter in his life. Not unlike Saul!

Gospel of Thomas. Chapter 12... The disciples said to Jesus, "We know that you are going to leave us. Who will be our leader?".

Perhaps a stretch but it does makes more sense than flying zombies.

added... Thank You
edit on 13-4-2020 by glend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join