It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Positive COVID-19 Experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
We can all agree that the world is currently experiencing a sad state of affairs. Regardless of what you believe, politically or otherwise, it can't be denied that death, suffering, and sickness is a sad part of life, and COVID-19 has brought a lot of that these days.
But in order to make it through the darkness, we've gotta find some light, however difficult that may be at times.

I would like to ask ATSers to share some of the positive things you've seen come out of this pandemic, and some of the positive things that this world could see as a result of it. This is the place to post them!

Here are a few of the positives I've become aware of:

1. In my area, a lot of families that are forced to work at home have been able to spend more time together with their kids. I'm seeing more kids playing in the parks than ever before on weekdays, people are in their houses laughing and smiling, people are taking walks and smiling and waving at each other from a respectful 6' distance, and the general vibe here is unusually happy. It's a ray of sunshine beaming down from the clouds. Although not all families are fortunate enough to be able to continue working from their houses, it's nice to see at least some are, and the kids are happy.

2. The planet gets a nice break. Reduced pollution, ocean noise, etc are helping Mama Earth do some much needed healing at least for a little while. We could all use a break, no? Maybe one day, humans will learn to manage well-being of both society and the planet. Right now, it seems like one or the other, but this could stem some new ideas on how to move forward.
www.theatlantic.com...

3. Good opportunities to re-think how things are run and done in the future. This goes from governments to restaurants to individuals and how everyone handles their own hygiene.
www.politico.com...
www.theguardian.com...

4. New advances in medical technology--we're already seeing inexpensive and highly effective ventilators, new strides in vaccine research, and more. The world will learn from this (I hope) and be able to better plan for a future more potent pandemic.
www.fastcompany.com...

5. Funny coronavirus songs. Gotta love 'em.
www.miamiherald.com...

6. People finding creative ways to connect. We're discovering all kinds of new things about the human spirit and desire to persevere. I'm usually quite the cynic, but I can't help but find stuff like "neighborhood howling" and 'rainbow/teddybear/etc hunts" for kids rather heartwarming. Also, this is a great time to learn a new hobby such as drawing. Learning art is time-consuming, so what better time to do it than now?

What's going on in your community that's good news?
Do you think there will be some good from all of this after it passes?

I know there are negative sides to everything, and not everyone is having a good time with this difficult situation, but I'm hoping we can all bring some smiles to long faces.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Some things I’ve noticed in the town I live in are similar to yours. People out walking, putzing around in their yards, riding bikes and that are nodding and smiling. I’ve been walking 3-4 miles a day, and am sleeping better than I have in a few weeks. So I am getting into better shape.

Like you mentioned in your post, the air feels so fresh and clean. It smells really nice, and I’m noticing this when I go on my walks. Hearing all kinds of bird song really lifts the spirits too. Less airplanes, cars and that are really making a difference in improved air quality.

The community I live in has its own Facebook group. Many have posted that if anyone is looking for help or needs food, they can help. The community has come together and it makes me smile when I read so many kind posts from neighbors helping neighbors. I’ve never seen anything like this before, and it fills me with pride and happiness.

Even though I don’t go out anymore, I’m probably socializing more than I ever have. Between messenger, social media, texting, video and phone calls, I am talking to my family and friends more. It helps when I’m having bad days. I’m prone to bouts of depression, and my husband is permanently in a nursing home after having a stroke in February. My family and friends have been there for me. I try to be there for them too.

I’m seeing and hearing about acts of kindness so much more. This is good to see despite all the bad news.

So there are some good aspects of this. I hope those things continue once this pandemic hopefully fades out.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

The world has remembered older people and that we are actually people.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You’re going to have a hard time with replies to this one.

There aren’t a lot of positive tests for Covid-19....

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

That is all fantastic and uplifting--thank you so much for sharing.
Very sorry about what happened to your husband, that's difficult and I'm glad your family and friends have been so supportive.

I believe that humanity has a great lesson in kindness to learn from all of this, and it's great to hear other people are observing positive things as well.

Hopefully, the trend of helpfulness continues long after this virus passes...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Ya and next time we'll put YOU in quarantine alone and well locked up! Oh geeee, wait...I might be locked up too by then...forget it

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

You’re going to have a hard time with replies to this one.

There aren’t a lot of positive tests for Covid-19....

Badum tsssss

I seriously thought of re-wording the title, but the horse is out of the barn...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

and some of the positive things that this world could see as a result of it

I hope we change how we collectively feel about chasing the dollar.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
a reply to: DBCowboy
Ya and next time we'll put YOU in quarantine alone and well locked up! Oh geeee, wait...I might be locked up too by then...forget it

My mom is 64 and I would gladly quarantine if I even thought, no proof just thought, it would save her life.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

the air feels so fresh and clean. It smells really nice,

We became desensitized to the exhaust that comes out of all the cars everywhere.
Take one of our cars back to a time before cars and just let it sit and idle. Humans would be disgusted by what was coming out of the tail pipe and run away from it afraid that they were being poisoned.
And they would be right.

Hell covid and the flu might be worse on our society than it should be just because of all the damage we have done to our lungs with polluted air.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

"There's something wrong with the air here, Brian."
"Poisoned?"
"No, no odor... no smell..."

--Nick Hopewell and Brian Engle in Stephen King's "The Langoliers" when they disembark the aircraft into the "dead" world of yesterday after hopping an absurdly short distance into the past (say, as little as 15 minutes).

They thought the air was poisoned because it lacked the smell of jet fuel, gas, etc on the airport ramp. We're all completely desensitized to it to the point where clean air smells different and foreign. Amazing.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm someone who believes that humor is a healthy way of coping with tragedy and trauma and some of the memes in and around Covid-19 are quite hilarious and that's a positive.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
I'm over 50 and it's a first for me, first time of that magnitude. I think we'll all learn from this. Learn how fragile, how dependant, how scared, how puzzled, how ashamed, how overconfident we were. Next time we will be more prepared, families will have talked about this and made plans. So I hope anyway

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This one isn't mine, but

Little boy with cystic fibrosis beats COVID.

That is an awesome story! Thanks for posting that.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for sharing! Great story.
edit on 4-4-2020 by Crosswinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Positive?

The results of my virus test because I didn't wear a mask in close quarters with hundreds of strangers in public.

The guys on ATS made fun of it so I didn't wear it and then I got sick.

Cool story bro but I'm still going to wear it when I goto work to get a laugh out of my co-workers before I take it off for the day.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I’m getting a nice break from my crappy job!

top topics

join