We can all agree that the world is currently experiencing a sad state of affairs. Regardless of what you believe, politically or otherwise, it can't
be denied that death, suffering, and sickness is a sad part of life, and COVID-19 has brought a lot of that these days.
But in order to make it through the darkness, we've gotta find some light, however difficult that may be at times.
I would like to ask ATSers to share some of the positive things you've seen come out of this pandemic, and some of the positive things that this
world could see as a result of it. This is the place to post them!
Here are a few of the positives I've become aware of:
1. In my area, a lot of families that are forced to work at home have been able to spend more time together with their kids. I'm seeing more kids
playing in the parks than ever before on weekdays, people are in their houses laughing and smiling, people are taking walks and smiling and waving at
each other from a respectful 6' distance, and the general vibe here is unusually happy. It's a ray of sunshine beaming down from the clouds.
Although not all families are fortunate enough to be able to continue working from their houses, it's nice to see at least some are, and the kids are
2. The planet gets a nice break. Reduced pollution, ocean noise, etc are helping Mama Earth do some much needed healing at least for a little while.
We could all use a break, no? Maybe one day, humans will learn to manage well-being of both society and the planet. Right now, it seems like one or
the other, but this could stem some new ideas on how to move forward.
3. Good opportunities to re-think how things are run and done in the future. This goes from governments to restaurants to individuals and how everyone
handles their own hygiene.
4. New advances in medical technology--we're already seeing inexpensive and highly effective ventilators, new strides in vaccine research, and more.
The world will learn from this (I hope) and be able to better plan for a future more potent pandemic.
5. Funny coronavirus songs. Gotta love 'em.
6. People finding creative ways to connect. We're discovering all kinds of new things about the human spirit and desire to persevere. I'm usually
quite the cynic, but I can't help but find stuff like "neighborhood howling" and 'rainbow/teddybear/etc hunts" for kids rather heartwarming.
Also, this is a great time to learn a new hobby such as drawing. Learning art is time-consuming, so what better time to do it than now?
What's going on in your community that's good news?
Do you think there will be some good from all of this after it passes?
I know there are negative sides to everything, and not everyone is having a good time with this difficult situation, but I'm hoping we can all bring
some smiles to long faces.