It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy EBay Silver by the 20 oz Since We Were Ordered To Our Rooms and Comply

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I think food would be more valuable than silver. Not sure how much shiny objects will be worth in an apocalypse.

Traditionally precious metals were a way to transition your wealth between one monetary standard to another in times of trouble.

Silver and gold will be a great way for you to "transition" your wealth between the USD and the Global Standard Unit when the US dollar fails, for instance.

All well and good if you are in the country you own and in your bunker...

For the rest of us, the "transition" (read "How To Live Through It") currency will be bullets and whiskey and skills.

I always shake my head when I read threads like these.

But people have hopes!

edit on 3-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
"A loaf of bread could buy a bag of gold".....

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Screw silver.... Bullets and liquor... and now TP

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I think food would be more valuable than silver. Not sure how much shiny objects will be worth in an apocalypse.

Traditionally precious metals were a way to transition your wealth between one monetary standard to another in times of trouble.

Silver and gold will be a great way for you to "transition" your wealth between the USD and the Global Standard Unit when the US dollar fails, for instance.

For the rest of us, the "transition" (read "How To Live Through It") currency will be bullets and whiskey and skills.

But people have hopes!

It has some value, as you said, for the transition, but so does other things.

I prefer vast stocks of ammo, because of their dual purpose. Currency and protection.

What can a box of 223 get these days(40, 50 dollars?) just imagine if the world actually collapsed and REAL unrest broke out. I've got enough where I could sell or trade a box of 9mm for several hundred times what a paid, or for goods(1 box for 20 gallons of water, 40 lbs of food maybe throw in a goat or two and check the air in the tires while you're at it).
edit on 3-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

originally posted by: Lumenari

But people have hopes!

It has some value, as you said, for the transition, but so does other things.

I prefer vast stocks of ammo, because of their dual purpose. Currency and protection.

What can a box of 223 get these days(40, 50 dollars?) just imagine if the world actually collapsed and REAL unrest broke out. I've got enough where I could sell or trade a box of 9mm for several hundred times what a paid, or for goods(1 box for 20 gallons of water, 40 lbs of food maybe throw in a goat or two and check the air in the tires while you're at it).

When Venezuela went south a .38 round or a 9mm round was the same as a dollar.... a .22 round a quarter.

That was the actual currency outside of the capital.

So yes... bullets will be a currency, barter will be the norm, certain skillsets will be treasured.

Although I don't think it will come to that here THIS TIME, it is certainly worth a mention.

And ETA.. while everyone else is buying silver on E-Bay, I have a hot tip...

Currently $89.

edit on 3-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I have decided the best home defense weapon is a Ruger 10-22 with a 3X9 scope. You wont likely kill anyone but you can surely make them stop and think, even from long distance.
They don't go through walls and hit innocents either.
edit on 3-4-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I have decided the best home defense weapon is a Ruger 10-22 with a 3X9 scope. You wont likely kill anyone but you can surely make them stop and think, even from long distance.
They don't go through walls and hit innocents either.

I normally kill deer with my 10-22.

A deer is a lot less fragile than a human.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
If you are worried about fake gold then buy the 1/10th ounce eagles. They aren’t const effective to fake. Also, fake silver is rare. It doesn’t have a comparable weight metal to fill it with like gold / tungsten and frankly, silver isn’t worth much per ounce compared to gold.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
There are only a small handful of mining operations that are strictly silver mines. Most silver is a byproduct from mining other kinds of metal. So the actual supply of silver is dependent on other metals being mined. Even with dirt cheap oil there's not much new silver coming to market because many mining operations are off-line due to Covid19. About 50% of global silver production is currently stopped.

The real price for physical silver is $20 and up. Thats the cheapest on eBay if your lucky and fast. Coin shops and pawn shops across the country and even the largest online bullion dealers are sold out. You can buy paper market silver all day for about $14.50 right now though. It's a tough call with paper silver mostly moving with Wall Street, it might be a while before it bounces back.

There is a $5 premium right now for dealers if they get physical supply at spot/near spot price. There's a $10 premium on American silver eagles. If the supply chain was intact why aren't they selling any? They could make a killing if somebody could source some metal at spot price.

$1600 silver will never happen. Currency will never be backed by metals again. Future currency will be crypto based, and that can potentially be backed by anything, or nothing at all.

The silver market is wacky by nature, but I think this price current decoupling between paper and physical price is a black swan event the players can't control. Their biggest challenge is keeping everybody from questioning Federal Reserve and their operations. Most people still think our money is backed by gold. A 'toilet paper' style run on precious metals could be the death knell of Federal Reserve.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You’re going to need a lot more than an ounce.

Here’s a BETTER idea. The market has crashed. You missed the first crash by a week or so but stocks are still low. Pick a couple of companies you know will ride out the next year and invest.

Silver, gold, bitcoin.... there gimmicks to get onto investing platforms. Unless you have thousands to spend.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Bullets....I'm the king of wild hog action and an explorer....I'm Garrett African dangerous game ammo...44 mag ...45.70......45acp in my XDM....a thumper....223....308....7 judges for some reason...ha ha...and 90 firearms in 3 safes....Silver is down the list.....top is agrible land and fertilizer....seeds.....then the cattle and Turkey and chickens.....and my beloved mortgage lifter tomato plants.......then Silver, just a little...Gold, even less

Now ya see my view better....stuck at home.....scalping for the action junkie .....

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
ebay?
I usually get my Ag from apmex or provident metals.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
After the Gold confiscation when Gold was 20.65 an ounce...some hid their Gold....it was illegal to have...

Then the president revalued Gold to 35 an ounce....see

See now.....

It's a little different now I know......no Gold peg.....

edit on 4-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The only reason silver will go up in price is due to artificial inflation. Fact.

Most of the world's silver is recycled, the demand is steady and I see no inclination that the electronics industry is going to make drastic changes to adopt the use of silver more.

That's the only reason prices should rise, the rest is what I call bs economics.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

Silver production is a tiny part of the global silver supply, not producing more shouldn't affect the price too much. I haven't done the math though at a guess I'd say global silver supplies grow less than 1% year on year.

Shouldn't be too hard to find out really.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I know for a fine fact it's easy to fake silver weight, it's sooo damn easy to mix with other metals.

Unless it's tested or smelted you would not be able to tell how much in terms of impurities exist.

Always check the purity of the silver, after all silver is a colour too... It's not, but it is when describing things.
edit on 4-4-2020 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join