It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy removes Captain Brett Crozier who raised alarm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Lumenari

So not using his chain of command at all.

Perhaps. Hence my wondering.
But brass has been known to throw subordinates under the bus. Haven't they?

Another "acting" official. Awesome.

~sigh~

Some actual information for you...

Statement From SECNAV on Relief of CO Aboard USS Theodore Roosevelt

Relevant passages...

When the Commanding Officer of the USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT decided to write his letter of 30 March 2020 that outlined his concerns for his crew in the midst of a COVID-19 outbreak, the Department of the Navy had already mobilized significant resources for days in response to his previous requests. On the same date marked on his letter, my Chief of Staff had called the CO directly, at my request, to ensure he had all the resources necessary for the health and safety of his crew.

The CO told my Chief of Staff that he was receiving those resources, and was fully aware of the Navy’s response, only asking that the he wished the crew could be evacuated faster. My Chief of Staff ensured that the CO knew that he had an open line to me to use at any time. He even called the CO again a day later to follow up. At no time did the CO relay the various levels of alarm that I, along with the rest of the world, learned from his letter when it was published two days later.

Once I read the letter, I immediately called the Chief of Naval Operations, ADM Gilday, and the Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet, ADM Aquilino. ADM Gilday had just read the letter that morning as well, and ADM Aquilino had it the day before. We had a teleconference within minutes of my reading of that article, including the Commander, SEVENTH Fleet, VADM William Merz, ADM Aquilino, ADM Gilday, the Department of the Navy’s Surgeon General, RADM Bruce Gillingham, and others. That evening, we held another teleconference with the entire chain of command.

The next day, I spoke with the CO of the THEODORE ROOSEVELT myself, and this morning, I have spoken to the TR’s Carrier Strike Group Commander, RDML Stuart Baker. RDML Baker did not know about the letter before it was sent to him via email by the CO. It is important to understand that the Strike Group Commander, the CO’s immediate boss, is embarked on the Theodore Roosevelt, right down the passageway from him. The letter was sent over non- secure, unclassified email even though that ship possesses some of the most sophisticated communications and encryption equipment in the Fleet.

It was sent outside the chain of command, at the same time the rest of the Navy was fully responding. Worse, the Captain’s actions made his Sailors, their families, and many in the public believe that his letter was the only reason help from our larger Navy family was forthcoming, which was hardly the case.

Emphasis mine.

He screwed up.

edit on 2-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

He was concerned that action was not being taken fast enough.

Thank you for that link though. It does help to clarify the situation. He did not act appropriately.

edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: skybandit
I really can`t understand why the U.S. is taking the hardest hit it seems, while Wuhan has leveled out?

www.who.int...

Holy 5417!

Perhaps it is because there are a lot of people who became infected before anyone in US politics actually did anything much at all.

It's like a snowball rolling down a mountain. It's easier to stop when it's a small snowball, than when it is tons of accreted ice bearing down on the chalet.

(post by ZapBrannigan3030 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Thank you for that link though. It does help to clarify the situation.

As per the link, it was being taken care of already, although that's not the real issue.

If I had publicly stated my concerns over the preparedness levels of a unit under my command when I was in the military, I would have gone to Ft. Leavenworth for awhile.

National Security and all that.

I do believe his heart was in the right place, as the SecNav stated as well.

It was a pretty bad lapse in judgement for someone commanding a nuclear powered aircraft carrier in these times, however.

edit on 2-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I agree.

And Trump should not intercede on his behalf.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Perhaps it is because there are a lot of people who became infected before anyone in US politics actually did anything much at all.

So you mean like.... 1,000 people dying before a national emergency was declared?

You know... the Democrat's gold standard on how to approach a pandemic?

Trump shut down flights between China and the US within 2 weeks of learning about the virus.

And was called hysterical and xenophobic for doing so.

/facepalm

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I served on the USS Lincoln for 11 months. The average age on these carriers is 21 meaning the threat to life onboard is marginal at best. Not even worth worrying about considering about 2 planes crash on every deployment not to include suicides and other accidents.

This Captain is an idiot in regards to this virus. I'm not dishonoring his service or demeaning his intelligence just saying, in regards to this he is an idiot and need to resign. The mission always come first no matter what. Come what will. Virus or no virus the mission is still on.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
So basically they had a captain on a navy ship that was severely infected with TDS and he was removed.

Meanwhile, everyone else was doing their job and following the chain of command. News at 11.

I hope he gets the treatment he needs to remove that large TDS dlldo from his bruised bottom.

Nope.

The issue is a virus, that has killed more than five thousand Americans in the last month, and which is infecting numbers of services personnel on a ship.

Nothing to do with Trump.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So you mean like.... 1,000 people dying before a national emergency was declared?

Trump shut down flights between China and the US within 2 weeks of learning about the virus.

/facepalm

Declaring a national emergency is still not actually doing much, is it?

edit on 2/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So basically they had a captain on a navy ship that was severely infected with TDS and he was removed.

Meanwhile, everyone else was doing their job and following the chain of command. News at 11.

I hope he gets the treatment he needs to remove that large TDS dlldo from his bruised bottom.

Nope.

The issue is a virus, that has killed more than five thousand Americans in the last month, and which is infecting numbers of services personnel on a ship.

So....

I'm going to quote you in the next 1 billion Corovavirus threads you post in that this virus has nothing to do with Trump, according to you.

Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

/facepalm

Declaring a national emergency is still not actually doing much, is it?

You are right... Obama and Biden didn't actually do anything about the last pandemic.

If you have seen the news lately or looked outside, this one is being handled entirely different however.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I served on the USS Lincoln for 11 months. The average age on these carriers is 21 meaning the threat to life onboard is marginal at best. Not even worth worrying about considering about 2 planes crash on every deployment not to include suicides and other accidents.

This Captain is an idiot in regards to this virus. I'm not dishonoring his service or demeaning his intelligence just saying, in regards to this he is an idiot and need to resign. The mission always come first no matter what. Come what will. Virus or no virus the mission is still on.

I think in the end it's a great lesson for so many people.

It's a tale of humanity, no matter what someone has "achieved" no matter what their "social' "political" or "intellectual" standing is. At the end of the day, everyone can be human....everyone can be dumber than a box of rocks when they have ideology running rampant through their tiny human brains.

I'd question giving this man control over my grill with a few brats on it, but yet, somehow, he's shielded his stupidity far enough to become captain of a military vessel. How many more have done that, how many more have attained a higher level of command.

We need to go back to merit based systems.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Mud Pitting now? Awesome.

If you have seen the news lately or looked outside, this one is being handled entirely different however.

How so? By collecting and collating all available data? Coming up with a plan? Or by just leaving the states to deal with it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But that's just science. Who needs it?

At the same time, Fauci has been vilified by some conspiracy peddlers on the far right as a part of the anti-Trump deep state. Conservative media commentators like Fox Business host Lou Dobbs and talk show host Rush Limbaugh have viewed Fauci with suspicion as the plain-speaking Fauci hasn’t shied away from publicly correcting Trump’s erroneous statements about the virus.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

This is what was really confusing me. I assumed there was no way a captain of this stature could panic and do this without good reason. This seems so bizarre. Super glad its just TDS and not total breakdown lol.

I guess thats all clear and disregard this whole confusing mistake.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
He isn’t wrong, it is being poorly handled. Which genius decided to have ships stop by Vietnam while they knew the virus was spreading ? Which genius chooses to have them muster up in groups of up to 200, to speak about social distancing? They recommend everyone should wear masks on base and on/off ships but haven’t had masks readily available for 3 months

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Time to shut down the fear mongering would be my guess..

It's a virus. It is immune to the strongest PR that money can buy.

A severe one of a kind illness too!

Millions dead!

Abandon ship!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Nope.

So....

I'm going to quote you in the next 1 billion Corovavirus threads you post in that this virus has nothing to do with Trump, according to you.

Thanks for that.

Sure, Trump didn't create the virus, nor did he act sufficiently to mitigate the problem. He is outside the loop, incompetent and irrelevant.

Nor was he to blame for the inevitable financial collapse of the country. America has been living on credit for years. Just the same as Trump didn't actually create the jobs he claimed to have created. It was all just empty boasting.

A train-wreck in slow motion that everyone has been predicting for a long time. He's not to blame.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Gothmog
Time to shut down the fear mongering would be my guess..

It's a virus. It is immune to the strongest PR that money can buy.

A severe one of a kind illness too!

Millions dead!

Abandon ship!

Not one of a kind, it happens frequently, all through history.

But, as the 18th Century English statesman, Edmund Burke, expressed, "those who don't know any history are doomed to repeat it", and here we go again...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Thank you for that link though. It does help to clarify the situation. He did not act appropriately.

I think he had other concerns besides a bunch of kids having the flu and yes, he did not act appropriately.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join