It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Testing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So. Testing. Not looking great.

www.cdc.gov...

Note for the greyed section:

Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when specimens are accessioned, testing is performed, and results are reported. Range extended from 4 days to 7 days on March 26.

Total results as of March 31, with the above caveat in mind: 168,458

Impressive? Is testing important, do you think? What the hell?

This is from approved labs mind you. There is testing being done independent of the CDC, and not being compiled by the CDC.

edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I believe the test kits may be an issue, I’ve read that they are only 60% effective.

Until they separate corona positives from influenza positives, nobody knows much at all.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Until they separate corona positives from influenza positives
Two very different viruses. I don't think that's the problem.

But as long as we don't know much at all, and we don't, it would seem that social distancing is the best option.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yeah.

As COVID-19 testing increases, experts warn of false negative results

The coronavirus testing bottleneck inside labs is finally starting to ease, which means people are getting test results back sooner. However, in some cases, experts say tests were coming back as false negatives.

False negatives can happen with many kinds of testing, and now hospital officials say they are seeing that with the coronavirus as well.

I read somewhere earlier there was 1/3 rate of false negatives, versus this 1/5 rate.

He added that about 20 percent of patients tested early on received false negatives for coronavirus tests that were sent to outside labs.

"We sent them out, and they initially came back negative," Buxton said. "We tested them again and they were positive.

Is testing important

Yes. Testing in South Korea seemed to point to the importance of wide-spread testing.

edit on 2-4-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

SO my your logic all of your previous posts, are as reliable as you believe the test to be

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Until they separate corona positives from influenza positives
Two very different viruses. I don't think that's the problem.

But as long as we don't know much at all, and we don't, it would seem that social distancing is the best option.

Yes, I was referring to the reporting of the numbers between the two, blurring the lines so to speak. The reporting factor, the bs factor. Be winter here soon, I expect numbers to go up, wether it be corona or influenza, but being that the test kits may have some flaws, then that may lead to a corona positive patient being turned away from their doctor with a negative result, doctor says, ahh it’s just influenza........

You are showing me a report. Reporters get reporting wrong.

Is this an open conversation, or did I just turn up to Phages Lecturing INC.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I am showing you statistics provided by our government, not lecturing. Statistics which show dismal (to say the least) levels of testing. Do you think the government is understating things?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

SO my your logic all of your previous posts, are as reliable as you believe the test to be

Ah , you get it! 👍

Including the mistake in your post to me. 😜

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I am showing you statistics provided by our government, not lecturing. Statistics which show dismal (to say the least) levels of testing. Do you think the government is understating things?

I believe, as history has shown that the government will show you what ever they bloody well want to show you.

I’m sticking with batches of tests being flawed, hence the question in your OP

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Never heard a test called "beautiful" before, but they must be
because like the letter they are "perfect"

Trump could be the most politician politician ever with the way he talks

He assumes its a very big ship, could he maybe have asked for specifics "facts" even, I think they call it a briefing

All politicians are full of ego and BS

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I’m sticking with batches of tests being flawed, hence the question in your OP

Those numbers are not for positive tests. Those numbers are not for negative tests.
Those numbers are for tests.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I keep thinking about those videos of infected people in Wuhan being forcibly removed from their apartment buildings and put in quarantine....but in all seriousness in a perfect world everyone would be tested and all the asymptomatic infected people as well as the "mild" cases would be quarantined in hotels, convention centers,....wherever.
edit on 4/2/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Are they all really negatives is my point?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

No. There are positives and negatives in that number. That's the point.
The amount of testing is pathetic. 168,000 tests compiled by the Government. That's the point.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

It’s still spreading like a wild fire, all the data I can still gather on the Internet, still shows people grouped up @ parks etc. also in IRL I still see allot of traffic on the roads even thou everyone has been told to stay home. 🤷‍♂️

I suppose we have helped stop the spread but it’s still spreading throughout the community. What DC is showing us is based off of inaccurate data. There must come a time, when human being realize we are not smarter than the virus or nature, we don’t fare well against it. Just being realistic. My state at midnight 🕛 is introducing a stay at home order with no fangs, hell assembling at churches is in the bill saying it’s ok. Ahem what is the majority age demographic that goes to church?

It’s just surreal.. just a century or so ago humans would line up in row and shoot guns at themselves and call it war. 🤷‍♂️ They also did it willingly... Remember, that part of our history helps me understand how stupid of a species we can be.

Stay safe everyone, gonna hang out for a bit this eve and have a night cap after supper. 👍

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So, as I understand it, the more tests they conduct, the longer it is taking to produce the results of those tests?

At some point then, given this state of affairs, it will take longer to provide the results of a test than the incubation period for the virus: the test subjects will either be healthy because they were never infected, or already sick (or dead) of the virus they had been spreading while waiting for their test results.

I’ll be in my bunker. Text me when it’s over.
edit on 2-4-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Drink lots of tonic water.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The numbers have a dip every Saturday and Sunday.

Must be a real priority for them.

If they find it so important why aren't they aren't fully staffed through weekends? That gives me some indication how important testing really is right now. Limited usefulness.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Bhadhidar

Drink lots of tonic water.

You bet!

With a bit of gin to kill the taste, and a twist of lime (for the vitamin C, of course!).

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Crazy right? Considering the info out of countries like South Korea and Germany. Maybe the tests don't work but it seems to have helped them...how is this possible? Apparently, like masks, test are not high on the CDC's list of priorities.

World Testing

Lots of info there
edit on 2-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join