It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secrets of Skinwalker Ranch" new series on History.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: homeskillet

They claimed within seconds that it was both "standing still, not moving" AND "following the other plane".

And planes at altitude/distance frequently become visible/invisible with reflected light. That's why combat aircraft are painted in flat colours, usually greys, instead of using glossy paint.

I'm basically over the show. But I'll probably tune in again for one more week if it follows the Oak Island season finale.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ranch owner Brandon Fugal answered some questions about the show submitted by member of Ryan Skinner's Skinwalker FB group

www.skinwalkerranch.org...

He sheds some light on the ranch and the investigation, government involvement etc

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Same here...the more I watch this show "play pretend" to be scientific and then blatantly do things that are the exact opposite of that, I get angry. What could have been a fascinating topic with legitimate, documentary style research has been turned into a Barnum & Bailey knock-off two-bit side show.

Disappointing....

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Right. I'm all for a scientific delve into "high strangeness". What I don't need is yet another highly scripted, staged entertainment cable "reality" show masquerading itself as a scientific delve into "high strangeness" .

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

Same here...the more I watch this show "play pretend" to be scientific and then blatantly do things that are the exact opposite of that, I get angry. What could have been a fascinating topic with legitimate, documentary style research has been turned into a Barnum & Bailey knock-off two-bit side show.

Disappointing....

A pretty good description of it.

They have two scientists there, the visitor physicist and the tall guy with greying hair who’s some kind of doctor, I think.

The other guys are glorified ranch hands and one guy, the security guy, is carrying a rifle all the time. Not a holstered gun but a rifle ready to shoot. He’s going to shoot a ghost? Okay, I get it, the gun is for intruders, human intruders, I guess.

A lot of this is likely psychological suggestion: the “creepy’ feelings may be that and the fact that the visitor is trying to see things as weird. Well, maybe they are but it’s still a controlled show to entertain and not any serious kind of investigation.

And you know why it’s not serious? IMO... because what are they going to do, or investigate? Are they ghost hunting, alien/UFO hunting, bigfoot hunting, or what?

If this is some kind of curse, then why don’t they have an expert there on that, like a shaman?

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Saw where the next episode, tomorrow night, is about some type of anomalous readings found below the ranch, and the ok is given to begin digging.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
Saw where the next episode, tomorrow night, is about some type of anomalous readings found below the ranch, and the ok is given to begin digging.

I've skimmed through the first four episodes and found it quite a miserable experience, so God knows what it's like to watch in real-time.

"Anomalous readings" seems to form the entire core of the series, launching it into the same bracket as 'Ghost Adventures' and 'Ghost Hunters'.

The reluctance to begin digging was one of the most hilarious aspects of the show so far. The really badly acted "Oooooooooo, I don't think that would be a good idea.... Wooooooooo... WOOOOOOOO!!!" sequences are worthy of a Golden Raspberry award in themselves.

Sorry to say, but for me this show was dead in the water before it even hardly started, and we haven't even reached the dead UNmutilated dead calf they were trailing during the opening teaser for ep 1.

Bring back 'UFO Hunters', I say.
So much more entertaining, and varied.

edit on 4-5-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

off topic but were you ever able to check out series called "Contact"?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Back in the mid-2000's, I started an organization that worked with scientists and universities in the US and Europe to study real paranormal phenomena. We reached out to Ghost Hunters stars, Jason and Grant, to start a dialog with the intent of collaborating on some research projects. We quickly determined that their focus was more on "entertainment" and less on "truth or science" so we decided not to make the offer. Of the hundreds of projects I've worked on in this area, I can tell you that MOST of it is very slow and boring... Lots of data gathering. Not just from incidents that might seem "abnormal" on the surface, but also collecting baseline and control data so you even have some way to MEASURE what might be "anomalous" to begin with.... Needless to say, it doesn't make for a good reality series...which is exactly why it is not the method being followed for this show.

I promise you, this is all about entertainment and building up potential marketing value of the property and/or merchandising contracts. I would trust more what came out of Bigelow's research than this team any day.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

On those shows, they knew what they were looking for

And you’re right, it is like a ghost hunting show only here they don’t know who or what the ghost possibly can be: aliens, werewolves, ghosts, spirits, some kind of weird energy?

Also, they have one expert and one guy called a scientist.
What are the other people expert in?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It's even worse than those others because they are not entertaining, likeable, or good actors.

The only likeable guy is the main, and he's not strong enough to carry an hour's worth of bullsnip. None of the "science" seems compelling -- or rather, it's not being done in an organized, systemic fashion that might lead somewhere. Trying to find a source for EM in the sky, so you use trash methods to determine a near vertical angle, to "calculate" (generous allowance) an altitude for the source at 10,000'. Then you use a balloon instead of the helo you used earlier or chartering a plane? A little Cessna gets you and your equipment to 10,000'. Then you could try to figure out where it's coming from THERE.

The Oak Island crew is at least likeable. The dig here, dig there, is reasonably systemic and likely to get results eventually if they pour enough time/money at it.

The Ghost A/H (intentional) crews are at least entertaining, occasionally likeable even while if the "science" and "experiences" are, uhh, weak.

This show has none of that going for it and seems completely directionless. "Enough of that Microwave in the Sky business 'Solved.'. Let's dig over there now"

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

They did see a UFO. Gee whiz…looked like a kite in the sky to me.

Though all the criticisms are on the money, I will watch it a few more times out of curiosity and actually it’s kind of comical to see these guys trying to conjure up spooky drama. Though I don’t want to sound too critical since the human mind and its ability to latch on to groupthink and drama is human--- not the best of our--- nature.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i'm telling you guys, sounds like bigelow was either experimenting with toxic chemicals or dumping them on the ranch. I wonder what he's thinking about the show.

to add, dragon seems like a real *****. maybe that's why he has that shotgun in his hands the whole time?
edit on 5/6/2020 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Awful programme. 4 x one hour long episodes of...absolutely nothing. The whole thing reeks of The Emperor's new clothes.

The trailers and hype promised a lot but the series has delivered the polar opposite . An empty room with some dirt in it....tun tun tun.

Slightly elevated background radiation....cue the suspense music. Tiny light in the sky...look at that!

I saw all this coming in the first episode when it seemed like this was just going to be a vehicle to flaunt Brandon Fugal's wealth, him driving in his Lamborghini in his designer clobber, private jets, helicopters, big high-rise Dallas stylee office. Flying into the ranch like some sort of sun-god. It set the tone that this was just going to be a pile of absolute tripe and it delivered on that.

What a let down. If I'd directly paid a viewing fee just for this rubbish I'd be asking for my money back.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm fairly sure this is just to hype the "mysterious" ranch so he can open it up to tours and overnights and "ghosthunters". It's free advertising for his next venture.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This show is getting worse and worse. Did they bring those poor Alpaca's there as the bait just to get something started? That's what they said and they got bitten by some animal they refused to show us...I don't get that. Probably got bitten by the dogs on that ranch. Animal cruelty.

What a weak show
edit on 14-5-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes, they did.... And how CONVENIENT that the camera over their pen just magically stopped working.... First of all, every camera system in the world has alert capabilities to tell you when a camera goes offline. They have all these resources to monitor video activity and have no idea the camera was offline until AFTER the fact? BS....

Second, you bring in alpacas as BAIT and don't have MULTIPLE cameras on them?? Especially when you've claimed that weird stuff happens all the time? Sounds like poor planning and judgement at best. Scripted and staged at worst.

Third, from the blurry footage of the only camera that was even remotely close, it looked like a smaller black dog. The alpacas are not very big and the grass was around 3 ft in height. Whatever attacked the alpacas barely came up to their stomach.... Certainly NOT some giant wolf type creature.... In fact, I'd bet you a cold beer that it was their own black dog, William, or whatever his name is....

Last point, the woman who was being interviewed was all over the place. First she said her and her husband heard the commotion and saw dogs attacking the alpacas. Later she claimed "they didn't know what it was...." after she had just said it was dogs earlier. That tells me their were editing errors in production and even more blatant evidence that this show is badly scripted....

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

First thing I noticed was that if I was worried about predators, I'd run the tiller around the pens and get rid of all the brush coming up to your fences. I'm sure they already have the equipment, and the pens aren't very large. That's less than half a days work, even if you went around the cattle pastures, three swipes deep on the tractor.

Second, for a owner they keep pimping as Money Bags, I cannot fathom why there isn't extensive surveillance equipment if you expect activity. Doesn't seem anything much fancier than the stuff I've installed myself after ordering on Amazon.

The whole show is like watching a trainwreck unfold in extremely slow motion.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
They have turned the whole Skinwalker Ranch into a laughing stock. Who put's livestock into pins that have 3-4foot scrubs/bushes in them. The owner should be charged with animal abuse.

I have seen better acting in old "Alien Sighting" videos like this one. www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I like the show

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join