It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian biologist says there is a bacterium worse than a Covid 19

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: rickymouse
We have lots of mad scientists modifying organisms to do many different tasks in making chemicals they use nowadays. They alter the excretions to provide medicines and all sorts of chemicals used by societies.

BAD IDEA !!!!!

It is impossible to predict how these organisms will interact with all of the other organisms in the world, I doubt if there is even much testing done to test their interaction with the millions of types of microbes on this planet. And their unnatural secretions we gather to make chemicals, we do not know how some of them are going to interact with the environment either. They are not natural anymore.

I agree with this article, we are not accessing risk enough now. Do we really need these chemistries in the first place?

I wouldn't go so far as to agree with the article, but the rest of Ricky's points I agree with. Any genetically modified organism should be kept in a Lev4 lab (not the one in Wuhan - preferably in an actually-secure lab.) Such organisms are decades of research away from being safe to unleash on Earth. Save them for habitation dome on other planets - one wrong move could end life on Earth.

I study a lot of food chemistry and that includes how they make the chemicals. There are lots of modified organisms making lots of stuff and they are not in level four labs. They are modifying common microbes to boost the creation of a specific chemistry to increase certain chemicals they desire. Yeast is a yeast......a nonlethal microbe to humans is altered and the resulting microbe is still nonlethal to HUMANS, We are the only thing we are worried about...or maybe an endangered from or minnow. So, since it is still classified as that same kind of microbe, it is not regulated the same as one that is shown to be bad for humans. The problem comes when this microbe is put under different conditions.

As an example, a certain microbe is considered safe and beneficial to humans, when it is not deprived of oxygen, it can be both arobic and anarobic. That microbe when anarobic creates a toxin that actually hurts us. So, we take the food and vacuum pack it and then think it is safer. Now if we are changing microbes do we consider all the variables? Now if we were to modify this particular microbe so that it dies when it is anarobic, it cannot poison us. or maybe the altering causes more toxins to be created. Do they test for the hundreds of things that could happen....no, not required to....to do so anyway means all that time and money wasted, so don't allow your workers to test anything other than they are told to. Next, how about horizontal transfer between microbes, is any testing done for that...highly doubtful, since it isn't required since it never happened in the past with the original microbe.

We need to investigate things better before creating these alterations to chemistry, the same companies that make these microbes often make pharmaceutical drugs that we need to take to cure the disease that they could create. Ching ching.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: and14263

I thought Covid was a disease caused by nCov-2019

The disease Covid-19 is caused by the virus SARS-CoV2.

nCov-2019 is what they called it before naming it proper.

There is a whole paper on it. Linked in this OP.

Covid-19, SARS-CoV2 What's in a name

Yeah that's what I was saying.... That quote I quoted is suggesting Covid is a coronavirus not a disease.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join