It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chloe Middleton was a carer - thus possible flu shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Chloe Middleton, the 21-year-old who was overcome by Covid-19, was a carer. There is no way to validate this in her case so I'm purely speculating, but carers tend to have the flu vaccine (and may even be told to by the employer) which is provided free of charge by the government (UK).

Neither the flu nor Covid-19 seriously affects healthy young people, so what was different here? I'm speculating a cytokine storm.

Sorry for the link to a rag, but it references her being a carer...

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

and what about all the people who had flu shots and recovered ?

ETA :

no underlying health issues

err apart from asthma

FFS
edit on 26-3-2020 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Clearly there's another factor here. She may potentially have had an undiagnosed health problem, such as being immuno-compromised. She was certainly asthmatic. She may have been a heavy smoker/vaper, although I've seen nothing to confirm that.

As it so happens, I bought some vape juice recently which caused me a throat infection for a week. I've been vaping for a few years now and apart from a dry throat, it's never made me ill until that happened. Then there's the case of the severe respiratory problems vapers were having in USA recently. Irrelevant to the flu vaccine I know, but it's another avenue to consider.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There will be outline cases of young and healthy dying but by and large it's rarity. More of a "lighting strike" event. Not worth investigating at this point on what happened unfortunately until the flood water is contained.

A couple of things the media refuses to cover however is how obesity and heavy smoking weakens immune system. The harsh reality is if people took better care of themselves many would not be dying from this or the flu so in many regards, we have a bigger problem; unhealthy lifestyles and it's worse than this virus.

On a personal level, I had a childhood friend die of the common flu recently. They were morbidly obese and refused to go to the doctor. The flu really wasn't what killed them. It was an unhealthy lifestyle but their family and friends will just say the flu did it.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My partner is a carer no flu shot limited supplies and staff all elderly clients she bought her own stuff just to b sure crazy times

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

and what about all the people who had flu shots and recovered ?

ETA :

no underlying health issues

err apart from asthma

FFS

ETA - Oh in the OP's article which I didn't read, and opted to look for a different source. That article is the only one that refers to her being asthmatic.. bizarre.

--

Where does it say she had asthma? I can't find any articles that mention it anywhere?

Only references to linked articles that mention advice to follow if someone has asthma, not related to this case.

edit on 26-3-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth

Chloe was not in any of the high-risk groups for coronavirus, but was mildly asthmatic.

from the OP source article - it has not been altered [ at least that line has not ]

ETA - call me argumentative - when dealing with an respiritory infection - that CAN lead to pneumonia . ANY prior history that reduces lung function // capacity - is an elevated risk
edit on 26-3-2020 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Chloe was not in any of the high-risk groups for coronavirus, but was mildly asthmatic.

from the OP source article - it has not been altered [ at least that line has not ]

ETA - call me argumentative - when dealing with an respiritory infection - that CAN lead to pneumonia . ANY prior history that reduces lung function // capacity - is an elevated risk

I can find no other source for this. Every other article is a botched copy of the mirror article. The family have not mentioned it. Mildly asthmatic wouldn't be an issue with many common viruses, and you'd think the professionals that deemed her being not high risk, on knowing she was asthmatic, would have raised her priority, and sent an ambulance on the second call?

I'd like to know where the author got the information that she was asthmatic..

However, if even she was asthmatic, the CDC say:

How Common Is Asthma?
* According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 1 in 13 people have asthma.
* More than 25 million Americans have asthma

This would mean it's far more capable of causing serious problems in people, and as the article in the OP shows, young, otherwise healthy people, will die.

Or, the author has no evidence for this, and it still shows that young, otherwise healthy people, will die.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

I wonder how many carriers didn't get the flu shot?

I ask because of this:

Influenza vaccination and respiratory virus interference among Department of Defense personnel during the 2017-2018 influenza season.

... Vaccine derived virus interference was significantly associated with coronavirus and human metapneumovirus;..

Normally, a Corona infection is not that bad. Now, with how ever this mutation happened, are our people weakened by the flu shot because it inhibits the body from fighting it off? Are the ones without flu shots carriers?

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Following this because its something I was thinking about the last couple of days. I was forced to have a flu shot last year and I have been sick as a dog this past week. They refuse to test me for corona because I havnt been overseas or in contact with any known cases.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

almost any data set will have some outlier

a data set - with so many variables - ie mortality from a desise in a mixed population - will have many outliers

the TL : DR

some people will die - who we think " shouldnt "

and to be blunt - people get upset at cases like ms middleton - because she is young , attractive and white

go figure

despite all the advances of modern health care , people do still have un-diagnosed life threatening medical conditions .

one of the best examples = young proffesional footballers [ europe ] - dieing of heart failure

the sport governing bodies - take this very seriously - but still rising stars die - often despite testing - that says they should not

linky

read the linky - it addresses several issues surrounding this .

people die - life goes on

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

Neither the flu nor Covid-19 seriously affects healthy young people, so what was different here? I'm speculating a cytokine storm.

I have heard different. Young man, athletic, healthy, no underlying conditions.

He is not your typical critically ill coronavirus patient, but 25-year-old Jack Allard is fighting for his life nonetheless, according to his mother. The young man works in Manhattan and lives in Ridgewood, New Jersey.

He spent days in a medically induced coma and on a ventilator, and was recently moved from Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center in Edison to a hospital in Pennsylvania where he is expected to receive a new experimental treatment for COVID-19, his family said.

The severe symptoms started on March 13, according to his mom, Genny Allard. Before that he had been working at his office.....

***SNIP***

What surprised his family, his mother said, was that his symptoms were not the usual kind associated with COVID-19.

www.nydailynews.com...

I watched the interview with his mother on television. And I don't think he is the only healthy young person to become severely ill.

Off optic but one thing that really bothers me in all the info that has been brought to my attention during this pandemic is the fact that over 60% of Americans have chronic health issues. That's a lot. Too many. Waaay too many. I would bet it's mostly due to being overweight.

The National Center for Health Statistics estimates that, for 2015-2016 in the U.S., 39.8% of adults aged 20 and over were obese (including 7.6% with severe obesity) and that another 31.8% were overweight. Obesity rates have increased for all population groups in the United States over the last several decades

Although that statistic is from 2015-2016, it has only gotten worse since then.

top topics

join