It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSINESS: Jetsgo Bankrupts, Leaving 17,000 stranded.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Jetsgo, at 12:03am this morning declared bankruptcy. This not only left employees stunned, but also 17 000 passengers with tickets. Many people didnt even know the company went bankrupt and showed up to the airport expecting to start their march break, but were shocked to see no one at the checkin desks.

www.theglobeandmail.com
As many as 17,000 Jetsgo Corp. passengers were left stranded Friday morning after the discount airline abruptly pulled the plug on operations overnight, citing tough times in Canada's aviation industry.

Just after midnight, Montreal-based Jetsgo – which operated under the slogan Pay a little, fly a lot – announced that it was halting all operations.

“The Celine Dion tickets were booked in November,” traveller Frank Kauck said at Pearson after learning that his Jetsgo flight to Las Vegas had been cancelled.

"I'm pissed off. My daughter's running around trying to get other flights, but it's impossible.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This thing that gets to me is that the company knew this was coming and didnt bother to warn anybody. They were selling tickets yesterday, for gods sake. How is this not fraud? That CEO, I beleive, must be investigated as he knew the company was going under and he let people buy tickets. Has anyone been affected by this?

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Banshee]

join