It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid19 Movie Review.....Kingpin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What a great pretense to "review" old movies.

Sure, there are still new movies being released on streaming services(pay) but lets not forget the classics.

I watch a lot of PlutoTV to fill the usual down screen time(I don't get great antennae reception).

I like PlutoTV, but they seem to run shows in bulk for a few weeks at a time. Normally that's nothing great, but.....

Kingpin....I've always loved this film. One of the greats and it's fast becoming the "defining" film of my covid internment. I've watched it about 4 or 5 times now in the past week.

I can't imagine many haven't seen it. But if you haven't and have any shred of interest in comedy movies it's far far up there. It's one of the greats, a classic cinderella story, set in the professional bowling world.

As much as I love the other classics(chris farley films, fletch, caddyshack) this is top notch.

edit on 25-3-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

Sure, there are still new movies being released on streaming services(pay) but lets not forget the classics.

I watch a lot of PlutoTV to fill the usual down screen time(I don't get great antennae reception).

I like PlutoTV, but they seem to run shows in bulk for a few weeks at a time. Normally that's nothing great, but.....

Kingpin....I've always loved this film. One of the greats and it's fast becoming the "defining" film of my covid internment.

I can't imagine many haven't seen it. But if you haven't and have any shred of interest in comedy movies it's far far up there. It's one of the greats, a classic cinderella story, set in the professional bowling world.

As much as I love the other classics(farley, fletch, caddyshack) this is top notch.

Vanessa Angel, was hotter as a Tok'Ra...

Just saying...

(Watch your Stargate SG-1... )

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Kingpin....I've always loved this film. One of the greats and it's fast becoming the "defining" film of my covid internment.

As much as I love the other classics(farley, fletch, caddyshack) this is top notch.

Just saying...

I'd find that hard to believe, but I'll look into it.

She was great in this one.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Just saying...

I'd find that hard to believe, but I'll look into it.

She was great in this one.

Col. Jack O'Neill couldn't resist...

Just saying...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

As soon as I read the title to your OP I swear it clicked in my head, DUH I CAN WATCH MY OLD FAVORITES!

I have been scouring the top critic sites and affluent magazine dot coms for lists of top movies of the last decade to watch and it just didnt occur to me to watch my old favorites!

Kingpin is without a DOUBT one of my all time favorites! Thank you! I hath seen the light! (I think I'm going a bit stir crazy up in here dude)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but yes.

Probably 50 awesome COMEDY movies throughout the 80's and 90's that could keep any fan busy for the next month or so.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Man, thought for a second, I don't remember posting this, l lol

She was smoking as a tok'ra, almost as hot as Jolene Blalock dolled up as a Jaffa.

8)

edit on 26-3-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Probably 50 awesome COMEDY movies throughout the 80's and 90's that could keep any fan busy for the next month or so.

I'm serious. How about 'The Big Lebowski', that's a classic also.

How about one of my all time favorites the comedy romance, 'Groundhog Day', I love that movie. Or 'Pulp Fiction' or even 'Natural Born Killers'.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I'm serious. How about 'The Big Lebowski', that's a classic also.

How about one of my all time favorites the comedy romance, 'Groundhog Day', I love that movie. Or 'Pulp Fiction' or even 'Natural Born Killers'.

TBL and Groundhog day are great commedies. The latter are not really comedies though great films.

I guess the point is, that in these times of strife we need to guide the younger generation(who's heads are filled with garbage chinese funded films) into the light.

Teach the children....oh wise ones(over 30 years old).

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"time to pay the rent, boy😝!" that's the good stuff

top topics

join