It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How goes the pandemic?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This I'm hoping will be a place for people around the world to share their personal experiences during this uncertain time.

That is all....

Me, I live in a very small town in South East Alaska....

Most everything is shut down....only essential workers are going out....

I fortunately hold two jobs that are still considered essential....

I skateboard to and from work every day...

I used to take the bus around when I got tired but the bus is gone....

Skateboarding outside every day gives me an interesting perspective....

It's eerie out here.....

Sometimes all I hear is the Ravens and Eagles....

I'm happy they'll be ok....

On my way home I skate several miles down the highway in the oncoming lane because that's where the smoothest ground is....

I can actually do that right now and only see a few cars.....

Anyway.....

I'm just throwing out thoughts as I type.....

I'm going back to work...

I'd love to talk and read the accounts of you beautiful people....
edit on 25-3-2020 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm an introvert, have been out of work for months.

Been pretty much laying low before all this anyway.

However since this has kicked off what little I would normally do is a bit effected(usually entertaining friends from out of town, we'd hit up some local eateries/bars).

Not much to do, I'm well stocked and have no worries on that.

Went out about 4 or 5 days ago. Small town here in the midwest. More traffic than I thought I'd see but for the time of day(5pm) the traffic was about 10 percent. I honestly expected ghost town levels of traffic. Still life with people moving around and the local grocerie, gas and most places doing takeout.

I'm actually getting a bit bored, which is amazing to me because I could go no problem being locked up for a week before all this. So I can't imagine how most feel.

I'm going to try to get out more this weekend and over the week. I'm a member at a private gun club that has about 400 acres to it. All the events are shut down but members have gate access. I'm going to go up and check out the grounds and maybe spend a few hours plinking, if it's a nice sunny day coming up.

We've had unusually warm weather for the month, sadly it's all been overcast and grey. So the lack of sun is probably driving people(other than me) nuts.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Still working, still have a paycheck. But honestly I don't feel very good. Tomorrow might be the day.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

My job has been a nightmare but I'm grateful to still have a paycheck and be working from home (for now), as is my spouse.

More concerned about friends/family who aren't working now or have health conditions. I'm in New England and my home county has almost 50% of all confirmed cases in the state. Luckily winter is almost over (but we got 4 inches of snow 2 nights ago)

I don't know if my company will survive - it is a startup company and we work closely with car dealerships, many of which are closed right now. Trying to be optimistic though - I've used my home gym twice now
been more conscientious about what I'm eating/drinking

I also went for a walk with my better half the other day to discover a road sign that had my brother's name on it (IAN's Place) it was called with his name in all caps - he passed away at young age of 35 due to doctor's negligence just a couple years ago and it was a random discovery that seemed like him saying "hi"

Some good may come out of this in the end (but the Fed and government seem to just want to print money and the economic consequences will be major - they announced $6 trillion in stimulus today, holy ****) - not trying to derail the thread, only including monetary policy and economic info as it relates to the outbreak.

Stay safe everyone on ATS and keep your wits about you as much as possible! OP, keep skating and doing what you do and thanks for the thread cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Not much has changed. Still working 55 hrs a week in my essential job and doing the usual in the evenings.

If i may ask, how old are you shred? Im 50 and have skated on and off my whole life, i dont ride ramps anymore but i like to get my board out and cruise down our local "bike roads".

My midlife crisis rig is a repo hosoi with titanium indy's, rat bones wheels with the 6 ball bones bearings.
Its a real smooth ride. I even put rails on it to complete the retro look.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Home as usual. Drinking too much coffee. Surrounded by my instruments. Keyboard always click'n away. Lunch time soon. Looks like left-over "nabe" from last night.
Raining , otherwise I'd be out cycling around the countryside. I sometimes go here and meditate over my life's journey of dreams and what I have to deal with on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

How goes the pandemic?

3/10 No zombies, no Boogaloo and bars are closed.

Would not recommend.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wonderful to see the replies

I'm going to take my time to read them tonight when I get home from work......and then respond tomorrow when I'm back in WiFi......for I too have more to share.....

Good luck and everyone and try and have a peaceful night......

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Just stopped by McDonald's to get WiFi and load this page..... lobby is closed due to apocalypse.......is that worldwide? I'm sure it is......... doesn't bother me any.....never thought I'd see the day though....

So I'm walking home in the rain tonight.......no skating cause it damages my board.....

I'm good though

You all are keeping me company as I travel.....

Someone earlier mentioned not wanting to derail the thread....

Please no one worry about that.....

We're all freaking out.....

This is unprecedented, and we're all equal and in it together.....

So say whatever is on your heart, please....

This is general chit chat...

It's like a podcast...

No parameters, no stress....

I appreciate you all.....

On I go......

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Fast food lobbies are closed here, too. Bars have closed but liquor stores are still open. No toilet paper on any shelves, but now at least when they stock they limit each person to one package now.

Gas stations have wrapped plastic around their counters with little square holes for exchanging money. One gas station makes you put your items on the counter them back up to where they marked the ground. It's insane.

Nobody is even infected here (that we know of). Just saw my first mask-wearers yesterday.

Some restaurants have started delivering to try to keep business going now that their lobbies are closed.

Stay safe out there.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Sounds like Nebraska University isn't going to be open this semester. Good time to skate.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I don't know why the whole world is being shut down...for the flu. If it looks like a duck....here:

Within the US, as of last night, 1% of the cases are fatal (less than the flu). World wide, it has a 4% death rate (Not accurate data, for example: Russia is being accused of listing the corona cases as pneumonia). Remember that the government itself has said that it doesn't have an accurate count of who is actually sick because most people are just dealing with it from home (just like the flu), so, it probably is less than a 4% fatality rate worldwide because I would imagine every other government is having the same issue.

The treatment: Tylenol, fluids and plenty of rest (just like the flu). They are working on a vaccine (which originally was going to take a year, just like a flu vaccine) but it's not ready yet. I personally wouldn't be interested in getting it once it was ready. It was too rushed.

Symptoms are the same as....the flu.

You build up an immunity to it just like the flu. They are talking about testing people and those that carry the antibody are able to go back to work. You carry the antibody to the flu once you recover from it.

It mutates at the same rate/speed...as the flu. I just read that they believe this is the second wave of a less serious strain...which is how the flu works.

I understand that we are being told it is more serious and not the flu...but all the evidence points to it being the flu. At least everything I've read and listened to both in mainstream media and on social outlets.

I just don't get it...

Anyhow, the only thing that is changed in my life is what I'm being forced to change due to the hype over this thing. I've taken on some new projects and I'm finishing up some old ones now that I have more time on my hands. My trip to Washington went well and I'm glad I got to enjoy the place before they went full crazy and shut down the state.

Life is good and it's interesting to watch how the world is handling the flu epidemic this year. I'm serious though...if anyone can tell me how this is not the flu I really would be interested in understanding a bit better what makes this different other then it being a new strand ....of the flu.

Thanks,
blend

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Still working, still have a paycheck. But honestly I don't feel very good. Tomorrow might be the day.

How are you today?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Some good may come out of this in the end (but the Fed and government seem to just want to print money and the economic consequences will be major - they announced $6 trillion in stimulus today, holy ****) - not trying to derail the thread, only including monetary policy and economic info as it relates to the outbreak.

Stay safe everyone on ATS and keep your wits about you as much as possible! OP, keep skating and doing what you do and thanks for the thread cheers

I love the synchronicity of your brother saying hi to you like that......

100% I think that was real....

I actually think what's happening right now is somehow making these mysterious things like that more accessible....

I agree that some good may come from this...

Regardless it seems were moving towards some sort of outcome, out of the ordinary.......

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Not much has changed. Still working 55 hrs a week in my essential job and doing the usual in the evenings.

If i may ask, how old are you shred? Im 50 and have skated on and off my whole life, i dont ride ramps anymore but i like to get my board out and cruise down our local "bike roads".

My midlife crisis rig is a repo hosoi with titanium indy's, rat bones wheels with the 6 ball bones bearings.
Its a real smooth ride. I even put rails on it to complete the retro look.

I'm 33 my friend, been skating for 20 years....

My board is a pro model modern trick deck....

Made possible by polyurethane, and you and your friends who kept skating alive and paved the way for me....

For which I am eternally grateful....

And I mean that.....I'm obsessed.. Skating is everything to me and it nurtures my soul....

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Home as usual. Drinking too much coffee. Surrounded by my instruments. Keyboard always click'n away. Lunch time soon. Looks like left-over "nabe" from last night.
Raining , otherwise I'd be out cycling around the countryside. I sometimes go here and meditate over my life's journey of dreams and what I have to deal with on a daily basis.

That looks like a nice spot...

I'm finally starting to understand meditation on the most basic level.....

This morning I have two hours to kill before work and I'm already in town so first I sat on the beach, then I hiked up into one of the many sacred graveyards to capture some sort meditation....

I've heard large bodies of water and places like these rainforest graveyards lower cortisol in the bloodstream...

I find it to be true cause I felt like I took a Xanax when I was out there....

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

How goes the pandemic?

3/10 No zombies, no Boogaloo and bars are closed.

Would not recommend.

What would you rate it if there were zombies and only bars were open?

Drunk zombies

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Sounds like Nebraska University isn't going to be open this semester. Good time to skate.

This terrible thing is great for skateboarding....

I could only imagine skating a big empty University........

Skaters all over the world gotta be thinking the same thing....

I can feel the energy shift outside...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

I don't know why the whole world is being shut down...for the flu. If it looks like a duck....here:

Within the US, as of last night, 1% of the cases are fatal (less than the flu). World wide, it has a 4% death rate (Not accurate data, for example: Russia is being accused of listing the corona cases as pneumonia). Remember that the government itself has said that it doesn't have an accurate count of who is actually sick because most people are just dealing with it from home (just like the flu), so, it probably is less than a 4% fatality rate worldwide because I would imagine every other government is having the same issue.

The treatment: Tylenol, fluids and plenty of rest (just like the flu). They are working on a vaccine (which originally was going to take a year, just like a flu vaccine) but it's not ready yet. I personally wouldn't be interested in getting it once it was ready. It was too rushed.

Symptoms are the same as....the flu.

You build up an immunity to it just like the flu. They are talking about testing people and those that carry the antibody are able to go back to work. You carry the antibody to the flu once you recover from it.

It mutates at the same rate/speed...as the flu. I just read that they believe this is the second wave of a less serious strain...which is how the flu works.

I understand that we are being told it is more serious and not the flu...but all the evidence points to it being the flu. At least everything I've read and listened to both in mainstream media and on social outlets.

I just don't get it...

Anyhow, the only thing that is changed in my life is what I'm being forced to change due to the hype over this thing. I've taken on some new projects and I'm finishing up some old ones now that I have more time on my hands. My trip to Washington went well and I'm glad I got to enjoy the place before they went full crazy and shut down the state.

Life is good and it's interesting to watch how the world is handling the flu epidemic this year. I'm serious though...if anyone can tell me how this is not the flu I really would be interested in understanding a bit better what makes this different other then it being a new strand ....of the flu.

Thanks,
blend

I wouldn't get the vaccine either...noooo way

I never get the flu shot

I'm good to go every year...

I know I can't say it's not the flu....

I'm keeping an open mind and I suspect the truth of the matter lies somewhere in between both potential extremes..
edit on 26-3-2020 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This morning once again on my pilgrimage to work I'm seeing more birds than people....

Bada$$ birds.....big Southeast Rainforest island birds.....

Ones that symbolize ancient mythology

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join