It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jackson's Illuminati Card Game 1995.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,
I thought i would bring up Steve Jackson's 1995 Illuminati Conspiracy Game, you will note that 6 years later, we had the events of 9/11, the pictures on the cards are eerily accurate:-
www.express.co.uk...
Some feel that playing the 1995 game is like playing "Jumanji or Ouija":-
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
I'm an archaeoastronomer, so sit on the fence regarding prediction, but would like to know your thoughts regarding this, as another card seems auspicious regarding the human race in our period:-

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

oh FFS - not this crap again

unlike everyone else - can you actually tell us what the point is ?

it was just a game - get over it

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Hi Igorant Ape,
In many ways i agree with your comments, however some say some games are dangerous, Janet below had been playing Ouija game, i'm the only living witness investigator left, i can't explain what i saw:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There could be explanation, as yet, i don't have one but am still searching for scientific explanation.
There will be other replies in this debate.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hi Astronomer62!
There is no doubt that many times what becomes reality in our daily lives has been foretold on a card game, cartoon or movie many years in advance. Thanks for sharing!
edit on 25-3-2020 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1
I thought i would add Brady Mundane fixed star Parans. bought on disc in 2004, therefore information hasn't been changed.
The Coronavirus was first reported on 31st December 2019 regarding new cases in Wahan or Wuchang in China, link below:-
www.who.int...
I'm an archaeoastronomer, so sit on the fence regarding astrology reports, but have a number of astrology and astronomy programs, i thought that report below would interest:-

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Mate you label yourselve as a skeptic with an attitude and really live up to that label... Basically telling people you are not capable of critical thinking.
The game in question has been earily close to the mark a few times as has the Simpsons. But then we don't know the full power of the unconscious mind, our subconscious is where most sparks of creation come from, those times when it just pops into your head..... Or an example is when Michael Jackson calls his manager at 3am and says "we need to do a song about butterfly's right now" his managers like its 3am, M J.... But if I don't Write it Phil collins will.
Bod Dylan has confessed to another force at play in the creation of a lot of his earlier music.
So when artists are in the creation mode there may well be another force orchestrating them... In fact why stop at artists, everyone of us could be under the spell of this force.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

the SJG " illuminati " game - has not predicted anything

its wingnits screaming " SEE " post facto

look at the dammed cards - war , fammine , assasination , crime , fraund , death , desiese , etc etc etc etc

there is nothing new or predictive anywhere

and you acuse me of a lack of critical thinking

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Well try some critical thinking then.
If these images have been picked up by his subconscious from the unconscious and the artist has jotted them down with his conscious representation this one is bang on.

The unconscious works differently from the conscious mind where the conscious mind sees words and derives meaning the unconscious sees jumbled images and derives no meaning.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

ok - that card fails on 3 levels :

1- lack of time line [ something every card fails of ]

2 - its WRONG - there was never a nuke attack at WTC - but i bet if there is a nuke attack on an urban centre - this card will again be " proof " - see the flaw ?

3 - lack of novelty - there was a terrorist attack at WTC BEFORE the game was published

the " lack of novelty " - also applies to all cards - can you cite one that depitcts an event that has never before or been theorised ??

terrorist nuke - is simpy a portmantau .

terrorists have bombed buildings throughout history

terrorist aquisition of a nuke was widley predicted in the fall out of the soviet collapse

nothing new under the sun

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, we bought the Illuminati game back in the 90s and still have it. We were big into collectible card games and when we played this, it was ok but not outstanding. I think we played it about 2 or 3 times before it was never opened until a few years ago after 9/11, to check against the hype.
What some people forget is that some of us were adults already then. I already was conspiracy theory interested.
TBH none of those theories on the cards amazed mw with newness. I had heard of these things already and my thought then was that they literally scraped together all CTs [and possible CTs] and made a card game out of it.

I even remember thinking about the twin towers picture how you could NOT have the idea of them getting attacked. They were the most sticky-outy things on the skyline. Apart from previous attempts, I believe that a lot of people thought that they are a very dangerous target. So I wasn't surprised by that card at all.

Like when I see a girl walking alone in the dark, I wonder if she is safe. I might even make a card out of it, because let's face it, we all think that if we saw one.

That said, the 'illuminati' is real, the freemasons are real, rich bastards who want to rule the world are real. Conspiracies are real. These cards were literally pointing this out.
BUt that's about it. They are neither predictive nor very good or deep.

I guess the creators were kind of into this stuff but that is where it ends.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

But they aren't designed to predict anything its just a game, the point is the images have been somewhat prophetic, as has many other things like movies, cartoons, TV etc. You could argue that with the amount of media outlets out there they are bound to hit the mark a lot, but there's also the argument that the subconscious is predicting the future that is being written in the present because the path has already been laid....

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You beat me to it. I was going to mention the first bombing at the WTC in 1993. It's like claiming Biggie Smalls was prophetic when he rapped, "Now I'm in the limelight 'cause I rhyme tight. Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade."

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Probably the game represents a warning of what will happen in the future,same as the murals from Denver International Airport in Colorado.
Or maybe this creator of the game has managed somehow tosee in the future.

Read some time ago about a conspiracy theory that in the Vatican there was a "looking glass" where you could look in the future and in the past as well.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Perhaps we have a plague?
www.instagram.com...
Another card is "Population Reduction":-
www.disclose.tv...

edit on 27-3-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Edit.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

oh FFS - not this crap again

unlike everyone else - can you actually tell us what the point is ?

it was just a game - get over it

Just because you do not see meaning does not mean meaning is not there..

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

ok - what is " teh meaning " ???

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
I wonder what was the real reason that the U.S. Secret Service had such an interest in Steve Jackson Games?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It was a pretty crap game iirc.

Seem to remember it playing out the same way each time i played - a few turns in somebody would try and win, everybody else would block and then somebody else would try a turn later and nobody had any blocking cards left they won.

He also did a lot of those 1 player rpg choice type books i think.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

the real reason = pretty much the published one

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Steve Jackson did win the lawsuit, quote below:-
"Raid by the Secret Service
Main article: Steve Jackson Games, Inc. v. United States Secret Service

On March 1, 1990, the Secret Service raided the offices of Steve Jackson Games,[3] seizing three computers, two laser printers, dozens of floppy disks, and the master copy of GURPS Cyberpunk; a genre toolkit for cyberpunk games, written by Loyd Blankenship, the hacker and an employee at the time.[4] The Secret Service believed that Blankenship had illegally accessed Bell South systems, and uploaded a document possibly affecting 9-1-1 systems onto Steve Jackson Games's public bulletin board system;[5] and, furthermore, that GURPS Cyberpunk would help others commit computer crimes.[6] During their investigation, the Secret Service also read (and deleted) private emails on one of the computers.[7] Though the materials were later returned in June, Steve Jackson Games filed suit in federal court, winning at trial.

The raid helped form the Electronic Frontier Foundation, which was founded in July 1990.[8]"

The raid seems to be about 9-1-1 systems????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join