It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cure is worse than the disease

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So, I haven't read read through the entire thread, and this response is an honest question to you based upon your OP. I am not trying to stir anything up or argue, I just want your opinion:

What is your beef with this bill? Is it simply the amount of money being shelled out, is it where and to whom it is going, does it do too little or too much in the wrong directions, or where it should focus on relief, if it should focus on relief at all, or all of the above.

You rant about it but I don't see a true "why."

Honest question.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It does NOTHING to address the issue.

It is all about making MORE laws, reducing MORE freedoms, providing MORE perks.

The government created the problem.

So they come up with the "cure" to the problem they created.

With republicans granting gifts to corporations and democrats putting the Green New Deal into the "Relief" bill, we might as well just swallow the other pill, join the god-damned communist party and just make it easy for the leftist ####tards to rule over us because apparently there aren't enough Americans left in the country who give a flying #### about freedom!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

This a bad time to remind you that 100 years ago was 1920 when it became illegal to drink and legal for women to vote...
edit on 24-3-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

This a bad time to remind you that 100 years ago was 1920 when it became illegal to drink and legal for women to vote...

SEE!

We screwed up TWICE there!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It is all about making MORE laws, reducing MORE freedoms,

What more laws and reducing more freedoms?

Specifics?

With republicans granting gifts to corporations

Agreed.

But perhaps actually answer my first post.
Why you so mad bro?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Am I mad??

No.
I'm absolutely furious.

I do not accept a bunch of low IQ tards controlling me.

They don't have a clue what they're doing.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It does NOTHING to address the issue.

It is all about making MORE laws, reducing MORE freedoms, providing MORE perks.

The government created the problem.

So they come up with the "cure" to the problem they created.

With republicans granting gifts to corporations and democrats putting the Green New Deal into the "Relief" bill, we might as well just swallow the other pill, join the god-damned communist party and just make it easy for the leftist ####tards to rule over us because apparently there aren't enough Americans left in the country who give a flying #### about freedom!

What I really want is a vaccine, last week at the latest. But if we can't treat this so called disease nation wide in the next 3-4 weeks there's a lot of momentum behind that pause in the economy. Whoever gives us the right medicine first will decide how bad it gets.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I understand why a lot of US members here are upset, and I mostly think they are upset for valid reasons, but we need to remember this is a global thing, most nations are considering massive bailouts and some have already been approved. There's also some governments paying peoples wages and/or pausing debts, our leaders are taking steps to prevent the entire world economy collapsing. I don't think many people truly grasp just how damaging it will be to have all these businesses closed for months, especially in nations which already have weak economies.

Yes I agree that this damage didn't need to be done over a virus our ancestors would laugh at. If aliens exist I'm sure they're also laughing hysterically at our planet right now. But now we're in this situation governments cannot sit around and do nothing. If Trump doesn't take some sort of serious action to protect the economy it will cost him re-election... before Covid-19 he had this election in the bag without a doubt, now his victory is not so clear cut, this is a massive spanner in the works, and it's not wise to turn against Trump now or you'll be stuck with Biden.
edit on 25/3/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Well sounds like crappy governors to me. Glad we voted the right man this time. And don't forget, our president has not issued that kind of order.

Let's make sure to remember what these governors have done come election. This was a really nice inventory clean out though for excessive consumables. Easter, April.
What I want to know is who disappeared and is disappearing during this time. See my math was correct. Y2k + 9/11 = Covid-19.
There are people being black bagged during all this. Any witnesses??

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yeah, I really don't understand it either. All these people just seething with rage, but all focused in the wrong places and on the wrong things.

Not defending Trump here, but it's the State governors and mayors who have locked the people down, not the federal government. People say...well, Trump didn't stop it. Well, when was the last time a president intervened in some crazy State orders or laws (looking squarely at you, Kalifornia!). Kalifornia has trampled all over people's Constitutional rights for decades, and people admonish Kalifornia, not the president, for it every day. Why is what's going on right now any different?

I totally reject any free-money 'stimulous' efforts (as I have maintained all along). There are way better ways to skin this cat. So I do fault the federal government for this...including Trump. I wonder how many people have actually read the actual Bill? I've read most of it, and I don't see anything notable in the Bill which significantly erodes (further) any of the people's rights. I see a whole S#-ton of waste and pork-barreling in it. I see a bunch of BS politicking from democrats in it trying to use the crisis as an excuse to get elected by allowing illegal aliens to vote, but I don't see the 1st, 2nd or any other Amendments in the Bill of Rights being repealed. Did I miss something?

All this rage, but again, all focused on the wrong things. If people want to be mad at the federal government, be mad about the colossal waste of taxpayer dollars. After all, that's what they do best anyway. Nothing new there. But to be consumed by rage at the federal government for stomping all over people's rights is shortsighted and wrong!

And here's why this is a problem... If people focus their rage in the wrong places then, come election time, the wrong people will get punished for things they didn't do. And, more importantly, the true perpetrators of these rights violations will remain in power. That is the real wrong here.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yeah, everyone should have the right to kill their grandparents! SPRIIIIIIING BREAAAAAK!

/s

Sorry, thats not someone who I would invite to my home.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Told ya so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join