It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we doing the right thing by fighting the Coronavirus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My buddies were sitting around over the weekend drinking beer. (Less than 10 of us butcway more than 10 beers each, all at least 6ft apart) We were shooting the sh!t about all the crazy stuff going on because of the virus. I posed the question to my buzzed buddies......
Are we doing the right thing by fighting the virus? Wouldn't the virus be part of Natural selection where the weak or inferior die off eliminating their bloodlines from the species?
As a species we have grown to a level where we can fight back with science and save the weak but in a purely scientific mindset is that right? As a species have we hurt our natural evolution by interfering with nature taking out the weak inferior humans so only the strongest survive to procreate and pass on the best genes possible.
Where do you think we might sit now as a species if going back in time we just let nature run its course and be the only guide in our physical evolution.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BadRandy
The same argument applies to ALL medical work. If it is valid, it is valid systematically.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BadRandy
My buddies were sitting around over the weekend drinking beer. (Less than 10 of us butcway more than 10 beers each, all at least 6ft apart) We were shooting the sh!t about all the crazy stuff going on because of the virus. I posed the question to my buzzed buddies......
Are we doing the right thing by fighting the virus? Wouldn't the virus be part of Natural selection where the weak or inferior die off eliminating their bloodlines from the species?
As a species we have grown to a level where we can fight back with science and save the weak but in a purely scientific mindset is that right? As a species have we hurt our natural evolution by interfering with nature taking out the weak inferior humans so only the strongest survive to procreate and pass on the best genes possible.
Where do you think we might sit now as a species if going back in time we just let nature run its course and be the only guide in our physical evolution.

Bill? Is that you?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I say, no, because humans’ nature is an integral part of evolution. It’s a part of the equation.

Now, pass me one of those brews bro.

edit on 23-3-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Nature has selected for us to care about whether we, or our friends, family, or neighbors, get sick and die. And for us to try to stop it if we can. So failure to do that would actually be anti-natural.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Off world colonization is the answer to most of our problems.
Now more then ever

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You are so right let the weak die, it is the way of the Earth Mother.

People with heart disease should be allowed to die and forbidden from reproducing for sure if they haven't yet. We don't want their genes in the pool.

If they get heart disease before having children they should get mandatory sterilization so only the fit reproduce and survive.

People with regular pneumonia should be told bye bye pal and let them die. What weaklings, not worth walking the face of the earth for sure.

Kids with strep throat, let them die, they are weaklings anyway who only suck from society and don't contribute.

Children with diabetes are real resource suckers and a big drain on society, we don't want them reproducing their weak genes do we - let them die before they reproduce. Let the strong live and the weak die, that is the way it should all work, right?

With the virus, shoot, let Grandma and Grandpa die, who needs them anyway. Moms can pay for someone do do what they did free.

Happily kiss grandma and the seniors if you have the virus, only the fittest should be allowed to survive. To heck with the fact they make up most of the volunteers, who the hell needs volunteers, let them die. If you aren't paid, you are worthless anyway.

Heck, I love your idea.

Withdraw expensive medical care and only let the fittest survive. That takes care of expensive health care. That's the way it was for most of humanity. For most of humanity only the fit survived.

If you can't handle a little cut and die of sepsis and infection, heck, you are a weakling anyway and shouldn't be allowed to live.

Who the hell wants to live past 35 or 40 anyway? That's the way the world operated up until about a hundred years ago.

Have a beer on me dudes and apply your logic to yourselves, your children, and be sure to kiss your granny.

edit on 3/23/20 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Wouldn't the virus be part of Natural selection where the weak or inferior die off eliminating their bloodlines from the species?

Why stop at CoVid?! Cancer is also a part of natural selection, following your logic. Hell. Every disease is.
If you stop treating CoVid because of "natural selection" than do the same for every other disease

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yes twice. LoL
edit on 23-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yes, we should indeed.
edit on 23-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
Man did I touch a nerve or something? I didn't say at all I was for natural selection in that way..... it was just a question to ponder.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Bill? Is that you?

Pretty sure it's Dale

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Depends on what we are fighting it with what, Chicken Soup or Tanks? Ones good for the soul, while the other will take your mind off an then some.

God made weed, man made booze, who do you trust?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Dale, i presume.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The new normal, I’ll tell you whut!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Man did I touch a nerve or something? I didn't say at all I was for natural selection in that way..... it was just a question to ponder.

Yes because your sentiment abounds on ATS.

I'm over 60, so is my husband, and my 86 year old Mom who volunteers teaching computing skills at a center. While my husband volunteers at the local prison with rehabilitation programs, and is involved in taking food to the homeless. I'm just a dredge on society, all I do is take care of grandchildren while my daughter and son-in-law work. We are three worthless weaklings who should be allowed to die is a common sentiment on ATS.

What if it were YOU that was being told, your age group is worthless and should be allowed to die, why waste resources or medical care on such a worthless heap of humanity as your age group.

Yes you it a nerve, as did all the jerks on ATS whose parents never taught them compassion or who totally lack compassion and an understanding that every age group contributes to society - and every age group has the sick and helpless.

I find this sentiment so heartless and cruel as to lose hope for the humanity of younger people today.

Especially since Gen X and Millennials are the ones who are really into the Human Extinction movement. Save the tiny fish, save the bird species, but kill off all humans. Wow, it took your generation to come up with that one. Who are the real weaklings?

Small children, young children contribute nothing and as far as the younger generation seems to be concerned, you know the generations after mine, who decided humanity is dangerous and should be wiped off the face of the earth, would they act the same if the virus was killing young children. Probably, because the younger generation loves the baby seal but hates humans as destroyers of the planet. I have seen this attitude in spades on ATS over the past few weeks. Let the humans die, it is a good thing.

edit on 3/24/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

All those people you think you are "saving" from shutting down the economy and potential martial law forced lock down are going to die the next time they contract a cold, the flu, pneumonia, or 100 other sicknesses floating out there that we apparently don't care if they die from.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

What if it were YOU that was being told, your age group is worthless and should be allowed to die, why waste resources or medical care on such a worthless heap of humanity as your age group.

My 60's (ok boomer) response is like: "Worthless? Allowed to die? Gimme your best shot. Come at me bro!"
The current plan is to live forever, regardless of pain/infirmity.
My insurance: my responsibilities already are fulfilled for surviving family.
Pretty much means a different path away from Americanized western medicine, insurance, death panels....
And begins with finding the best climate & culture with affordable services to pamper us through the aging process since it takes lots of regular maintenance to live forever.

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa

originally posted by: The2Billies

My 60's (ok boomer) response is like: "Worthless? Allowed to die? Gimme your best shot. Come at me bro!"
The current plan is to live forever, regardless of pain/infirmity.
My insurance: my responsibilities already are fulfilled for surviving family.
Pretty much means a different path away from Americanized western medicine, insurance, death panels....
And begins with finding the best climate & culture with affordable services to pamper us through the aging process since it takes lots of regular maintenance to live forever.

ganjoa

Ah, every single youth's folly throughout time. I am going to live forever. I am the exception.

Because the brain is totally incapable of realistically facing one's own death.

new topics

top topics

join