It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoying a cig in peace.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Start with a pouch then, just to be sure. But in the day I rolled them and gobbled them down with no filter and a Marlboro Red tasted like a Pyramid in comparison. Obama’s tax all tobacco policy killed them because no one was dropping $50 a can. But that super thin shag cut versus the fluff cut of cheap tobacco was the game changer. Even McClintock was a shag cut (although wider) back then. About the same as American Spirit.

The Bali Shag blue always had a Virginia blend to keep it from being as dank as Drum. You can eventually become the tobacco equivalent of a wine snob rolling your own and while I tried to avoid it, Bali Shag just kicked all ass hands down.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Now us smokers can tell nonsmokers to stay six feet away from us because they may be carrying a virus. The fact that people stay away from smokers now is a plus.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I was smoking in a smoking area at a
Hotel once, above me was a balcony
Also designated as a smoking area,
Beyond me was a covered pool i
Observed butts and burnholes
Where people on the balcony had
Been flicking them down there.

Even as a smoker i was disgusted at this,
Actually especially so!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now us smokers can tell nonsmokers to stay six feet away from us because they may be carrying a virus. The fact that people stay away from smokers now is a plus.

Or, just cough in their general direction.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

I quit for a long time but went back to occasional smoking. I was oscillating between one cigarette a day to about 4.

Anyway about a month ago I had a scare because I went to play tennis and I had a little more trouble breathing than usual. It was obvious I had a chest cold or something
Of course I was fearing the current SARS-CoV-2 but after a month nothing really changed. Anyway during that time I quit smoking for the most part. Recently I smoked a few days lightly but yesterday I had 3 or so and it brought back that feeling in my chest. Anyway I'm not messing around man, I heard even light smoking or second hand smoke really compromises your lungs ability to fight off an infection.. Now is not the time to smoke!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: VividestSum93

Oh I know this feeling, we'd be out smoking at work on break with one of those tall ash tray things right there.. I would constantly yell at people who were just walking by it and flicking their smoke on the ground right next to it.. This is while we are being told our smoking rights were going to be taken away to a smoke free property..

This right here is just plain straight up laziness and p***ed me off so much..

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I just got over a pretty bad chest cold, body aches, slight fever.. It's impossible to not have the thought of the virus in the back of your head lol.. I took it as every other cold I've had in my life. Lot's of fluid, vit c, nice hot soup, plenty of rest and sweating it out with sweats and a sweatshirt on. Feel much better today but I'll admit smoking doesn't help in a tennis match

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

When I was 13 I could get Marlboro Red's for .50 cent a pack if I bought a whole carten which I did.
They were only .75 cents at a convenient store.

Back then you could buy your friend a carten of ciggarettes.
Now its like if some one ask for a cig its, hell no you can't have a cigarrette, I'll sell you a cigarrette.

I haven't smoked in years now. Smoking is cooler but I enjoy dipping pouches as smoking eventually makes me deathly sick.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

In high school I had a friend that would keep a pack of cigarettes with one cigarette in his shirt pocket . He kept the pack he was smoking on in his pants pocket .

When someone would try to bum a cigarette he’d show them the pack from his shirt pocket and say “I only have one”.

He said he had that same one cigarette for a couple years . Lol
edit on 26-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

LOL that is a good way to keep em, had to do that at my last job when I was buying packs still, same few people who said they were quitting always asking, heck some made more money than me.. Keep one with about 3 or 4 in there and always had a full pack in my lunchbox..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join