It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoying a cig in peace.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
General chit chat about cigarettes, I've rolled my own now trying different kinds of tobacco, reds, blue, silver, natural (which who knows how natural), menthol for a few years now.. what I'm getting at here is what are your favs and why? I can't afford to buy packs at 9$ something a pack.. heck I can roll a carton at 13 bucks or something...

smoking is bad sure but look back from the 20's all the way to the 50's those were some great smokes(know by old mre's I've purchased off ebay and all that), fewer additives and all that.. what are your takes besides quitting.. just went to the smoke store to buy a bunch, keeping in my fruit drawer in my 3rd fridge... now marijuana that is another topic so please, just cigs are the talk...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I'm a smoker. Camel blues be exact. About 4 or 5 years ago, I was buying filtered papers (basically empty cigarettes) and had a machine that forced tobacco into them. They were much cheaper and I liked them. I think I gave the setup to someone in need but I've regretted not replacing it everytime I buy a pack.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Ever since I lived in Indonesia I've been hooked on clove cigarettes.....Gudang Garams to be precise. Not herbal crap, but fairly strong tobacco sprinkled with clove oil. 50c a pack in Indonesia and $40 a pack here in Aus....god bless the ATO....

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

To be fair without them we would all being paying far too little for goods and services, maybe we need another rise in the gst to stimulate the economy, like it did the first time...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I stick to Marlboro Gold, still affordable in my country - about $2.50 a pack. I smoked rolies for many years, Golden Virginia Yellow was always my default tobacco but I tried various brands, there was organic tobacco from Canada that I enjoyed. It was a much rougher smoke than the Golden Virginia though.

I’ve always thought about growing my own tobacco...
Maybe I’ll have some time with this quarantine story to do so.
edit on 23-3-2020 by GreenGunther because: Re-read my initial post, I'm not coherent in the morning.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I used to smoke cigars daily. After a heart attack last year I stopped. I know it's better for me but there are days I really miss it. Not for the nicotine, I hate that effect, but for the social aspect. You can't enjoy a good cigar without relaxing and depending on the company it can be a really good time. But I know I'm better off health-wise and it doesn't mean I can't enjoy one at a gathering or on the golf course.

Cigarettes? Nah. I gave those up in 1986. I hate the smell and since I stopped smoking cigars I can smell it on anyone that I'm around that smokes, even a little.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Trying to quit..

But anyways, i like to smoke up with a pipe, because i just want a hit or two, and it makes my hands/fingers less smelly,
Also do not like taste or the paper in cigarettes.

Prefer to smoke Manitou.
edit on 23-3-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Ever since I lived in Indonesia I've been hooked on clove cigarettes.....Gudang Garams to be precise. Not herbal crap, but fairly strong tobacco sprinkled with clove oil. 50c a pack in Indonesia and $40 a pack here in Aus....god bless the ATO....

You're SICK... Those things reek !! Even enough to make the most desperate smoker out of smokes, run a mile..

"Scuse mate, you wouldn't have a spare ciggy?"
"Sure, here ya go."
"Oh, it's a clove ciggy... uhh.. thanks, but I... uhh... *runs away in the other direction* "

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Marboro red for me . But every so often I like to get a pack of lucky strikes .

LSMFT Lucky Strikes Means Fine Tobacco

There is something about the anti-smoking effort that’s not talked about much . The vast majority of smokers are the lower income earners . When states heap new taxes on cigarettes . They’re targeting the poorest people in the country .

Where are the SJWs when you need one ?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Luckies are my choice when i am travelling.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
Great replies so far! Went from gpc to camel, to dorals, to marlboros, to winstons back to marlbs.. always trying different kinds.. I do need to quit, plays hell when you get a chest cold!

But like Hal said above, it's a good social item.. easy way to meet new people at work or just out and about.. I honestly don't mind smoking outside and 15 feet away from entrances as they do stink..

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Rolling?

What you want to find a good solid fresh supply of is Bali Shag...you can thank me later.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I still smoke cigarettes, unfortunately.
I currently switch between Camel Blue 99, American Spirit Yellow, or when I don't feel like paying a premium to kick my own ass, I'll drive to next county for a carton of handrolled on the cheap. It's a nasty habit, I've been meaning to quit for a long time. I'm just not good at staying still and handling stress is easier for me if I have a smoke sometimes.
That said, I prefer the Spirits overall, but they are so damn expensive. I live in Chicago, NW corner.
The BP by my house sells them for like 14 bucks a pack. No thanks. The pre rolls are 33 a carton, lights. Can't argue the cost/volume but the quality isn't always there and the smoke is a stronger odor.
Thankfully, I always have Mary Jane to keep me company, so I'm never more than maybe half pack a day. I used to be pack and a half in my 20's.
Still, gotta quit eventually.
Eventually.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I used to try those in High School. Never could finish one. So damn intense.
Tasted like a potpourri fire and smelled like one too lol. All the "cool kids" used to smoke those or "bidi's" instead of your run of the mill Newport or Cowboy Killer. Certainly kept the smoke bums away though.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Never heard of it, reading about it now. Seems they went out of business and were bought in 2018, the U.S. just had to put some tobacco in there..

The item was discontinued in February 2018 and then was bought out by Republic Tobacco in April 2018. In mid 2019 a new blend of the popular blue Bali Shag began distribution in the United States, containing 85% foreign leaf and 15% US leaf, in contrast to the original’s 100% foreign leaf.

en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Bali Shag

I'll have to check it out!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't agree with the other poster- cloves are the best thing ever! I wish I could get my hands on some. I would have to order them, since they "appeal to children" and are illegal to sell in the States.

Imma bout to go order some.....

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I smoked for 12 years, have been quit for about that long.

When I first started, it was clove cigarettes and beedis, i just never really liked smoking regular cigs.

When I finally did start smoking regularly, it was straight up Pall Mall nonfilters, which I smoked for several years, sometimes mixing it up with Lucky Strike.

Eventually, I switched to Winston, because they claimed to not have additives, and smoked those for several years, occasionally switching it up with American Spirit.

Finally, I switched over to Camel, and smoked for several years until I quit, mostly because they was always some sort of buy 1 get 1 or buy 2 get 1, turish gold, or silver, whatever.

I honestly didn't enjoy it, except maybe with coffee. And, of course, drinking didn't help either, and was one of reasons it took me so long to actually quit.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I hear that, drinking doesn't help.. Chain smoker city there! I remember American Spirit lol, do they even sell those anymore? When I was growing up my mom used to smoke Virginia Slim 120's lol... Used to think it was cool to steal a couple, probably looked foolish but eh ah well!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Not many people will bum one off you either . Lol

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I was at my grandson‘s football game. During half time I walked outside to smoke a cigarette . They pointed me to the smoking area and said it’s by that aluminum pan with water for the butts.

I lit up on my way over and when I got there I looked down at the pan of water . There were about six cigarette butts in it . Surrounding the pan there must’ve been 30 cigarette butts that people ground out with their foot . It was just more proof that people are idiots . So with a sigh I knelt down and picked them up .

GD heathens are going to ruin it for everybody .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join