It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel’s Defense Minister Tweets Idea: Isolate the Elderly; Let Rest Become Infected & Immune

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Israeli’s defense minister Naftali Bennett posted a video to social media on Friday suggesting that the country’s long-term strategy should involve most of the population becoming infected with, and immune to, coronavirus while isolating the elderly.

The first step in Bennett’s plan, apparently, is to reduce the spread of coronavirus by practicing social distancing. But that cannot last forever, and pending the arrival of a vaccine, Bennett explained the next steps:

www.breitbart.com...

So, does Israeli’s defense minister Naftali Bennett's plan make sense to any of you? Is it better than closing businesses and destroying the economy? We're already experiencing the consequences: retirement investments plummeting, millions on unemployment and uncertainty among small business owners, whose stores and small companies are on life support. The majority of comments on YouTube, facebook and Brietbart concerning Bennett's plan are mostly in favor of this type of approach. I haven't seen a thread on this subject and I'm curious what other ATS members think.
edit on 3/22/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

So, does Israeli’s defense minister Naftali Bennett's plan make sense to any of you?

It makes sense but it isn't his idea , the UK are already isolating vulnerable people and has been for a few days now , herd immunity is essential if we are to avoid a repeat of the current scenario.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I've stated that would be the best approach in several threads. Just focus on keeping the elderly isolated.

My local Whole Foods put in place shopping hours specifically for the elderly to limit contact. Same at hospitals. Nursing homes could be locked down. Require elderly to work from home.

Shutting down the entire economy and country is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well, If they have enough hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin to treat the infected early and avoid all of the hospitalizations, it could work.

Except maybe those who needed care as the careworkers would simply infect them anyway.

See, that is the problem here and it concerns many of us.

One, we won't test until someone is on death's door and getting admitted to the hospital.

Two, we won't treat with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin until you are in the ICU already.

That is the main problem here in the U.S.

If we were aggressive with our testing and had the capacity to put the infected on anti-virals early, we could prevent a good number of hospitalizations.

But we cannot or will not do that.
edit on 22-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It's a corona virus. You know what else is? Most of the common cold strains. You know what they do? Mutate, a lot. A vaccine is always a gamble. Treatment that worked before might not do the trick next time.

In my opinion the only reasonable approach, the big elephant nobody wants to discuss: improve your immune system plus your general health.
Lots of veggies, herbs and work out, expose yourself gradually to everything that kicks your T helper cells in the butt.
This mass washing with disinfectants is exactly the wrong way to go.

This virus is the price we pay for having a "sickness system" instead of a health system.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

over fifty percent of patients on ICU are under the age of 49. Its not just old peeps at risk

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I thought I saw somewhere that a person got it twice... Wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

This was/is and always will be the only logical solution.

Unless we completely change our healthcare system and financial structure we have no other choice that doesn’t destroy us to save us.

In the event of a true apocalyptic disease all bets are off. But this disease is manly harming those who we can know in advance are most likely to be harmed.

Will otherwise healthy people still be at risk? Sure, viruses have the potential to harm different people differently. It’s a basic fact of life.

The first time in human history where we can actually have these debates and all logic was suspended for fear and panic.

It either means their is no logic in our government or something more nefarious is going on.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I think it makes sense. I also think a large majority of us in the US have already been exposed, with many having been sick and recovered, many fighting it off without even noticing, etc.

What I would love to see is an antibody test. Would be great to know who has developed immunity.

We know for sure we cannot do this again. If we even get out of this one without a drastic reset / change to society, this will be our one time to shut down the world and be aboe to restart it more or less as it was before. Try this again after 6 months, or two years, and nearly everybody will be broke, hungry and homeless.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It looks like the best hope is a medicinal, drug cocktail as they did with aids.

But the population on the most part isn’t going to go for a healthy way. Though many will adopt that lifestyle because of this.

I was taking Vitamin C, D3, and about 30 other supplements before this but the vast population won't.

Likely in Italy where their lifestyle is smoking and doing a lot of drinking and even milling around playing Bochy ball and meat-eating unfortunately has caught up to them.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Then there's this

A 12-year-old girl with coronavirus is on a ventilator and fighting for her life

www.cnn.com...

Young people smoke, drink and many of them are very unhealthy not saying that about this girl but sure the law of averages is that older people will always have more health problems but don't downplay numerous problems with the young people's health.

This disease is a threat to everyone

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Good news in relation to this antibody test is that the Dutch Blood Donor organization is performing tests on all donated blood (samples) through time to see which donors, if any, have developed antibodies. This way they hope to shed more light on the question 'how many people got infected?', amongst other questions, and possible herd immunity.

One of the questions raised with regard to herd immunity is how long one stays immune (i.e. for how long the antibodies are present in the blood).

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You should ask the parents of the 12-year-old girl with coronavirus is on a ventilator and fighting for her life.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

join