It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news...we need some

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So today I was listening to an AM radio show where the host wanted to hear good news, not bad. "What are YOU doing to make things better?"

Earlier I had read truck drivers were not eating well because truck stop restaurants were closed, and drive through's wouldn't let people walk-thru.

We have a big truck stop in the next town over (about 20 miles away), Luv's. There is McD's there, and a chicken place (inside).

So, I went and bought (25) hamburgers, and (25) cheeseburgers, from McD's and put a sign on my car "Truckers, free burgers...THANK YOU!"

It was all I had, and all I could do, but these guys are saving our lives right now, and they deserve a break. Their companies crap on them, the government over-regulates them, and they can't even get something to eat. That's wrong.

I got in a little trouble from the truck stop manager. He said I didn't have a license to sell food, but I wasn't selling anything. Then he said I wasn't
buying chicken from his fried chicken place, which I quickly said I would...but, how much chicken could I buy for a $1 buck a piece???

Seems we'll work it out, and it's complicated, BUT, I went out and tried to do something nice for the people who are really helping ALL of us.

I hope we all can do the same.
edit on 3/22/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In the face of so much uncertainty, we have examples such as these that are going to go a long way in our reclamation of our humanity.

I commend you sir, ANYTHING positive at this point is just that..

POSITIVE.👍💯

⭐+🇺🇸
edit on 3/22/2020 by EternalShadow because: edit

edit on 3/22/2020 by EternalShadow because: edit, because auto correct is a joke

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I've personally instructed all my ladies to stop charging truck drivers for "company".

It's time to give back and keep things rolling....

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I can't do it every day. Fifty bucks per day kind of hurts, but at least I'm trying to do something. (the chicken is even more expensive)

I wish some of those exotic food trucks from downtown would show up out here in BFE to help some of these guys out, but they don't. Maybe they will, but not so far.

Until then, it's just one burger per person....sorry, it's all I got.

ETA - One stupid, worthless, under-stuffed, McD's burger. Better than nothin' I hope.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Thank you for doing that FCD

Im trying too. Dont have a whole lot of resources either, but I do what I can in the ways I can.

Little things can add up too, random acts of kindness can snowball. Especially with the internet.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So glad not every one is in "self-isolating" mode. So many people in need. I would have expected no less from you.

This country is a community. We won't make it without helping one another. This virus will either bring us together or turn us into back-country paranoid survivalists.

Thanks, FCD. Missed you.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Wife and I used to have a side business selling hot dogs. I've had a half a mind to put up a sign (with permission) for …."TRUCKERS...FREE HOT DOGS") over along I-70 in Byers. Plenty of room for 15-20 trucks to park at the bottom of the ramp, and turn around, I think I could probably get CDOT to donate a couple dozen port-o-lets.

Just give those drivers something to eat. They're busting their asses for us. Maybe a moment to pause, take a break and get a "dog", and enjoy the Colorado sunshine.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
DBL

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Serdgiam

Wife and I used to have a side business selling hot dogs.

American dream right there.....

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Honestly it's great you are doing what you can for the pipeline.

Right now, to keep things going and to keep the nation going, it all comes down to those that transport the goods.

City folk just don't have a clue.....A lot of men, and women, are out on the roads moving the lifeblood of our nation around and they need support and recognition. Not just now, but always.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Missed you FCD.

Was a bit concerned when all this started and you went silent.

I wouldn’t hold my breath regarding those food trucks; just read a report claiming that deli and food truck food could be perfect breeding grounds for the COVID19 virus.

Something about the report just didn’t sit well with me for some reason....the “BS-o-meter” bleeped unexpectedly on that one.

I’ve read on these boards about how, when the stuff eventually hits the fan, it will be “me and mine first, too bad for everyone else” dog eat dog social collapse.

Thank you for proving what I have long believed;

The worst of times can bring out the best of us.

ETA: Looking forward to your recipe suggestions. I’ve got a pantry and a freezer full of “quarantine rations” and California is on “lock down”. Not much to do but cook or go stir crazy!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Sounds like a good idea, though if its "OK" ...Well, who knows

I dig it though. Symbolism and functionality, and would nourish more than just the body.

Ive definitely been enjoying that sun til that storm.. If thats my biggest complaint though, not doin too bad
Cant wait for it to melt again, all the same!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

We need some good news...all of us. Whatever we can do...something...anything.

We all need to do "something"...all of us. No matter what it is!!

Even the smallest thing. Everyone can do something, no matter how small, or how big, we all can. … do something.

It's a scary time, we need to be strong. We WILL survive, but it won't be easy. It never was easy.

With so much cynicism, selfishness and "ME, ME, ME" attitude, we can be better. We can!

We can roll over, panic and succumb...OR we can FIGHT, be one, support each other and survive, WE CAN!!

NEVER FORGET...Positive Mental Attitude (PMA)!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Best thing to do is stay home. Eventually everyone is going to get this thing in time. The goal is to slow it enough until a vaccine is available.

If you are not in the medical field or supplying essential goods and services stay out the way and stay home.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Any food counts. And the thought behind it counts too.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Good to see you FCD what brought you out of the woodwork?

Going to enlist as volunteer in the hospital, either as a driver or in the nursery.

This might also provide me with some insight on the real situation, not the media hype...

Sincerely NC

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Why are you feeding them junk food that will sit there growing bacteria while it cools down?

Isn't it better, cheaper and more responsible to make a bunch of decent sandwiches instead to help immune systems stay strong?

Sorry for being ignorant but what am I missing here?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think it's awesome that you did that. We need more good folk like you. I'm a trucker but not a real trucker, drive a pickup truck doing hotshot runs around SouthEast Texas, and it's frustrating to see what the real truckers have to go through. And grocery clerks as well.

I'm not saying i am helping or trying to say I'm a hero or anything but I like to push the grocery carts out of the parking lots back into the food stores here lately. People are leaving them all over the parking lots, and there is not enough help to get them back in the stores. Really once you start you get a little neurotic sometimes and can't stop and will try to clear the whole parking lot out, and thats a good thing cause at some of these stores the clerk who gets minimum wage has to leave her checkout station and go outside to collect all the grocery baskets. Those people are hero's today in all honesty. Can you imagine going to work for minimum wage and having to checkout all the lunatics during this frenzy?

Grocery clerks, fast food workers, and Truckers.. there is special place in heaven for them...they could have mailed it in but they didn't.. I'm telling you God is watching.

So anyhow, that was pretty cool what you did, and it does all help man.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Why are you feeding them junk food that will sit there growing bacteria while it cools down?

Never had a chance to cool down. It was GONE! It took way longer to order them and get them than it did to give them away.

Isn't it better, cheaper and more responsible to make a bunch of decent sandwiches instead to help immune systems stay strong?

Sorry, I guess I'm just 'irresponsible'.

But hey, go right on ahead with your bad self! Just know, food not prepared in a Health Department certified facility isn't exactly legal to distribute...even if you're giving it away. You know, the "40-140" rule, 3 stainless steel sinks and all that kind of stuff. Might know a thing or two about this, which is why I did what I did instead.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Never had a chance to cool down. It was GONE! It took way longer to order them and get them than it did to give them away.

Nice. That's good to hear

But hey, go right on ahead with your bad self! Just know, food not prepared in a Health Department certified facility isn't exactly legal to distribute...

Playing right into the hands of big brother perhaps? Food control for the future in action which involes criminality for good samaritans who don't abide by rules.

Isn't there a "Subway" or somewhere that would provide more nourishment? Even pizza can be healthy.

I do commend what you are doing and keep it up. Truckers need support so they can keep rolling.

My "good self" will always seek alternatives to burger joints that mass produce undigestable food that has a half-life.

That's perhaps the difference between your country and others like mine which favour traditional sustinance over fast food.

Good luck out there, stay safe and be well.

top topics

join