It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihadist Anarchy via Hypnagogia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sigh, another stupid dream that is being posted. I read them when others post them sometimes, and am constantly surprised at how real or prophetic people think that they are. Anyway, this is moderately entertaining.

The dream was short. The intitial image was a set of flags, and they seemd to be on a webpage, ie interactive. I didn't 'click' any of them or whatnot. They were generalized arabist flags. I don't recall in particular what they were supposed to look like.

Then one, and I don't even recall certainly if it was one of the three, came to the forefront. Its image was more 'realistic'. Rather than supposing to represent webpage images, it was intended to be an actual flag, it was even moving somewhat. It was the Black Flag, the black flag of anarchy. It became trimmed with the arabist revolutionary green, a thin green section running on the top.

I thought that was cute.

Then I woke up.

This is 'hypnagogia' or somesuch, because it occured early in the morning before i woke up properly and was moving in an out of dream and 'awakeness'; for those familiar with the concept.

[edit to spell hypnagogia correctly]

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Come on Nygdan, now you are just making things up...

hypnogogia isn't even a real word...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, you are sort of correct, I spelled it horribly wrong.

Its apparently spelled hypnagogia. The 'gogia' root comming from 'teaching' and such, learning/prognosticating thru sleep.

Here is an article on it

The brief transition between wakefulness and sleep we experience each night has been known by many names: the ‘borderland state’, the ‘half-dream state’, the ‘pre-dream condition’. Its technical name is the hypnagogic state and, along with dreaming, it is one of the most fascinating altered states of consciousness we can experience without the use of drugs[..]The term ‘hypnagogic’ was coined by the 19th-century French psychologist LF Alfred Maury, and is derived from two Greek words, Hypnos (sleep) and agogeus (guide, or leader). Some years after Maury, the psychical researcher FWH Myers coined a complimentary term, ‘hypnopompic’, to cover similar phenomena occurring as we wake from sleep[...]in general there seems little difference between the material produced in either state, the main difference being which point of the sleep cycle investigators have chosen to observe

I was similarly surprised at its existence when I first heard of it.

ohh, this site says it can be spelled 'hypnogogia'. Harumph.

I don't claim that this dream was a lucid dream or a paranormal phenomenon. I just that it was moderately intersting, and figured, why not refer to it as, are you ready for this....hypnagogic!

Mwa, I don't know if thats the adjective form of it, but it seems close enough!

new topics

join