It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compunding The Problem...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Coronavirus in California: Toilet paper alternatives cause sewer problems

Some desperate California residents resorted to using shredded T-shirts in the absence of toilet paper during the coronavirus crisis – but ended up wiping out a sewer line.

“Anything aside from toilet paper works to create a sewer backup, putting our larger sewer system, our water system and our community at risk for another health crisis,” according to the city.

Among the many issues that can exacerbate what is already being dealt with, something seemingly insignificant can quickly get out of control and "wreak havoc", especially when it is infrastructure integral to the sanitation of a city.

What other issues are going to arise amidst the chaos?

ETA: This may seem amusing or an SMH anecdote, but it is "little" things like this that become a very serious health issue when they get out of hand.
edit on 3/20/2020 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Coronavirus in California: Toilet paper alternatives cause sewer problems

Some desperate California residents resorted to using shredded T-shirts in the absence of toilet paper during the coronavirus crisis – but ended up wiping out a sewer line.

“Anything aside from toilet paper works to create a sewer backup, putting our larger sewer system, our water system and our community at risk for another health crisis,” according to the city.

Among the many issues that can exacerbate what is already being dealt with, something seemingly insignificant can quickly get out of control and "wreak havoc", especially when it is infrastructure integral to the sanitation of a city.

What other issues are going to arise amidst the chaos?

And who are the idiots that think it is ok to flush a shredded t-shirt?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Oh my...I remember having it drummed into my head as a kid never to put kleenex into the toilet, as it would plug it up...t-shirts? Oh my people...a little thought, please

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

What does anyone honestly expect? Some things that are absolutely vital to the progress of our species and country have been left far behind.

Like:
Any sort of culinary aptitude
Financial literacy
Civics
Verbal and written communication
General maintenance of vehicles and to the point of the op, domiciles.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

And who are the idiots that think it is ok to flush a shredded t-shirt?

I don't know as it can be considered that they thought about it. It was just an automatic spurt of creative action on their part. I think that most have little thought at all about what happens once the flush lever is pushed. It's gone and out of my life.

Reminds me of that old CSNY song, was it Judy Blue Eyes? The line ''Do you think she loves you? Do you think at a-a-alllll?"

edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 20 Mar 2020 14:02:24 -0500Fri, 20 Mar 2020 14:02:24 -050020032020-03-20T14:02:24-05:00200000002 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Evidently, you can add common sense to that list as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You ain’t seen nothin yet

T shirts in the sewer will be the least of the problems

People who are thick enough to ‘scream at the sky’ make up the bulk of population in the cities

Once vital services and supplies dry up - even for one day - their reactions will be astounding

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
You ain’t seen nothin yet

T shirts in the sewer will be the least of the problems

People who are thick enough to ‘scream at the sky’ make up the bulk of population in the cities

Once vital services and supplies dry up - even for one day - their reactions will be astounding
truth

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

True, and couple that with the current run on guns and ammo, it gets a little worrysome.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Jesus less than two weeks in they are shredding clothes and flushing them? wth California.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Can't they learn from their fellow Californians and just poop on the sidewalks?

California is not sending us their best and brightest.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Can't they learn from their fellow Californians and just poop on the sidewalks?

California is not sending us their best and brightest.

That's ironic.

About 15/20 years ago I was listening to Adam Corolla when he was on loveline, and they were talking about having taken a trip to the midwest where everyone was so nice, and he posited then it was because the midwest sent all their douchbags to the coast.

I guess we are reaping the rewards of that now. We sent our jerks out there, and now they're sending their craptastic progeny back.

new topics

top topics

join