It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,057 New Covid Cases in NYC In One Day...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, we know where all the tests are going. This must be a competition, the one with the most cases of the virus gets to share the biggest percentage of the jackpot.

If this were as deadly as the Black Plague it would be one thing, but the sheer push for panic by pretty much all media is really starting to piss me off. Panic leads to stupid decisions. Using calm, rational thought is the only way to make good decisions. The media is treating it like it was the zombie infection right now - "cases DOUBLED in Michigan since last week!" Yes, that's what happens when a few people infect a few more. Every one of these people (now up to 110 in Michigan) got it from someone they were around that was already infected. People travel a lot, spreading something like this should be absolutely no surprise to anyone. Yet here we are.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Look here, guy..... This is no time for you to come in filling these people's heads with logical thoughts. Can't you see, we're all dead, we've yet to realize it!

No but really, I think people are letting their emotions make decisions and form opinions here. And nothing good ever comes of that. But I don't think it's intentional, you have the Media reporting everything anyone says even remotely covid related. And I can't understand why anyone, including the leaders of countries and large cities, come out with reports about how many hundreds of thousands or millions of people this COULD POSSIBLY infect and or kill. I can't see that being productive.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This may be a big part of it:

Defying Virus Rules, Large Hasidic Jewish Weddings Held in Brooklyn

As city and state officials warned on Tuesday about the danger of large gatherings amid the coronavirus outbreak, hundreds of revelers celebrated at a Hasidic wedding in Brooklyn and huddled together in the street after the Fire Department broke up the celebration. “Everything was exactly how it would have been if there hadn’t been any kind of a pandemic,” said a musician who played at the event, which he said drew more than 200 people. He declined to be named for fear of losing future jobs. “I was assuming it would be canceled,” he said.

www.nytimes.com...

And then you have -

Brooklyn Ultra-Orthodox Community Faces Spike In Coronavirus Infections, Urgent Care Center Confirms

gothamist.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I was at my doctor today for a med check so I can get refills. That's a racket that deserves another thread, but the point is on the front door is a file folder with lab forms and a sign that says if you have any of these symptoms, do not come into the office - take a lab form and go get tested.

I don't know how successful that's going to be, but it was interesting. I called yesterday to see if they still wanted to see me or if they would just call in the refills but of course they said come on in since I don't have any symptoms and I'm not in an area with any known infections right now.

I had to pick up a prescription for our dog and I didn't see anything that looked out of the ordinary as far as people goes. The store looked like it always does when I go there, busy but not crowded. The guy at the meat counter said they've been hit and miss, it was slower earlier this week but was picking up a bit today.

Whatever that's worth.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Dont worry....it will be all over in 30 days..yea right..a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, we know where all the tests are going. This must be a competition, the one with the most cases of the virus gets to share the biggest percentage of the jackpot.

If this were as deadly as the Black Plague it would be one thing, but the sheer push for panic by pretty much all media is really starting to piss me off. Panic leads to stupid decisions. Using calm, rational thought is the only way to make good decisions. The media is treating it like it was the zombie infection right now - "cases DOUBLED in Michigan since last week!" Yes, that's what happens when a few people infect a few more. Every one of these people (now up to 110 in Michigan) got it from someone they were around that was already infected. People travel a lot, spreading something like this should be absolutely no surprise to anyone. Yet here we are.

Both of my daughters are all paranoid of this virus, one just flew back early from India because she was scared she would get stuck over there, so she didn't finish her advanced yoga training class, which addresses heart health and ayarvadic ways of treating problems of circulation. Actually it is a good class, it deals with natural ways to increase health. The other daughter's husband just flew back from Alaska where he is working, he came back for ten days and has to go work for twenty after that. He was in Seattle for hours at the airport. Both her and my grandaughter have flu like symptoms and she called the hospital and has to go in tomorrow to get checked out in a special area because of his flight through Seattle. They aren't going to give them a test for the virus, they do not have many, and they will be in an area where all other corona virus possibilities are supposed to go. She figures it is like the flu, they aren't even doing the flu tests right now anyway, so she said she will wait till later to see what happens, since their symptoms are more like a different virus than the Coronavirus. It would suck to get the Corona on top of what they have.

People get so paranoid, I am not scared of this virus. I don't want to get sick, not even a mild version, so we aren't going to be going out as much......wait, we have been out every day for the last week.....I thought we were supposed to stay in because of our age. I guess it is way more interesting being out, Lots of people have something to talk about now, way less boring than a regular store trip. There is a lot of socializing going on at the stores now, it's great, but people are staying about five feet or so apart. If you want to get someone to move, just clear your throat and they leave you right through.

Tomorrow I have to go out and get some more soup bones from the people who we get our half a cow from, keep running out of soup bones. I make a big pot of soup one or two times a week, bringing it to the kids. Friday I am making pasties, about thirty five of them. I will make both daughters husbands come and get their pasties, It is a lot of work to make them, they can come and get them.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
All that inbreeding doesnt an out well with the virus i guess..a reply to: Maluhia

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join