It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Do You Thank For Our Toilet Paper And Food Supplies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I just read an article that made me think of those Americans who are going to work everyday, despite the restrictions and cancellations due to Covid-19. Obviously, these include medical personnel and first responders, who do everything they can to keep us healthy and safe, despite the risks. Then there are those who work at our grocery stores, warehouse chains, gas stations and the manufacturing and farming industry, who keep Americans fed, supplied with goods and their vehicles moving.

But, how many of us think about the truckers (including railroad employees) who keep the supply chain moving? Truckers are the ones who take the goods from the rails and finish the haul by delivering the goods to stores around the country. Now, they're dealing with rest stop closures.

Pennsylvania has closed all 35 of its highway rest stops to all activity following the declaration of a state of emergency.

A spokeswoman for the state’s Department of Transportation said the closure impacts not only the limited facilities at the rest stops, like bathrooms and vending machines. It also shuts down parking access as well.

www.freightwaves.com...

It's also becoming harder for truckers to find places to eat where they can park their trucks.

“If it gets worse, like the restaurants at the truck stops, if they’re closed, a lot of guys are looking for a place to eat because, like we said, you can’t just drive a truck anywhere,” driver Kip Newell said. “This is going to get worse before it gets better, I believe.”

One trucker said he’s going to Chicago, and the only places open on his drive are truck stops and not fast food restaurants. And, of course, big trucks can’t use drive through windows.

www.news10.com...

If some of you are worried about toilet paper shortages, here's a tweet you need to see.

So, as a former Teamster, I'd like to give props to the men and women truckers who are getting the job done everyday.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Around here, the store help was busy trying to restock the shelves and running the registers at the stores. They are close to the people and have to touch things that everyone is touching. They are at risk of getting this disease.

We should actually appreciate these people more, what happens when all the store workers get sick, who is going to know how to run things in the stores if they test positive and are quarantined, grocery stores will be forced to close.

Think about this, they cannot call all the old workers back to work, they are up in the age where risk assessment is high, but us seniors may have to step up and put ourselves at risk so the young can eat. I know I would go work in the store if they had nobody else and I knew how to do the work. A lot of older people will help out, probably way more than most of the people in the middle class would.

They concentrate on trying to protect the hospital workers, what about trying to protect the people who supply food, send the store workers some masks too, so they do not get sick. I would hate to see the store workers wearing hasmat suits too, that is excessive. Just some cheap masks when the virus is in your area, they do not need to wear them if the risk is low.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The problem is a lot of the people making rules, don't know how their rules will affect the real world.

Ok, close down restaurants.... but allow rest stops to remain open for the truckers. It isn't that hard.

I was going to start a thread about unintended liberal consequences...

I saw an article about how the fact all these eco-terrorist SJWs banned single use plastic grocery bags at stores in so many communities is contributing to the spread of viruses. The reason is that most people who use the reusable shopping bags don't wash them regularly. So what happens is people go to the store with their dirty ass shopping bags spreading contamination around the store.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Goodness gracious sakes alive....looks like we got us a convoy. Although one needs 7 longhaired friends of Jesus ina charteuese microbus to make it complete.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I've been preparing a little bit at time since last year. Still working on it but I didn't have too much trouble getting my supplies until last week.

Amazon delivery got slow and unreliable lately.

My family feels protected and we can deal with this virus crisis.

2nd stage of prepping in progress. Bug out ready soon. It might be necessary.

new topics

top topics

join