It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longggg Time Lurker. Im concerned with this website.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hey everyone , Long time lurker here and I have to say this web site sure has changed. I used to come here for the latest UFO info and WEIRD CRYPTO stories. They are still there but seemed to be OVERSHADOWED by POLITICAL POST AFTER POLITICAL POST. Cluttered with threads that have meaningless topics just to stir conflict between two parties..

I remember post would get deleted just because it was an off topic post.

Dear mods "LETS MAKE ATS GREAT AGIAN"

SIGNED,
LONG TIME LURKER since 09'
edit on 16-3-2020 by STREETSLOVEUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: STREETSLOVEUS

I see these posts/threads quite a bit. Even more so when democrats are losing.

I wonder if there's a connection.

Might be a conspiracy. . . . . .

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I think you missed the last month or two on ATS then...

If you click on the "New" button up top there, you will see that ATS has been infected in its entirety with the Wu-Flu.

Glad you joined up finally and looking forward to you helping to make ATS great again with your insight!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You dog eating SOB! Be quite and let the "New" member who has "lurked" for a long time assume their new identity.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

BTW.. Welcome!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Leave the politics at home bub
Cheeseandrice

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Welcome back! I recently did the same thing and left because of all the partisan politics. Alot of threads about the virus have the old ATS feel

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: STREETSLOVEUS Nice of you to notice,many days this site now mirrors Facebook,when I first came here was a great place for information,last 5 more tabloid,nothing ever ground breaking

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Welcome!

I wonder if Google/FB censorship of alt-news affects ATS.. I used to see all sorts of weird and wonderful stories but now, nothing.. unless it's posted by a tabloid.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

And you're here to show us all how it's done? How awesome of you.

I can't wait for you to inspire and amaze me with your brilliance...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: STREETSLOVEUS
Hey everyone , Long time lurker here and I have to say this web site sure has changed. I used to come here for the latest UFO info and WEIRD CRYPTO stories. They are still there but seemed to be OVERSHADOWED by POLITICAL POST AFTER POLITICAL POST. Cluttered with threads that have meaningless topics just to stir conflict between two parties..

SIGNED,

I'm fully with you on this. Before the whole COVID 19 thing I ften looked at the top topics page. Most of the threads were regarding US politics. More than half had the word Trump in the title. Most were from the Mud Pit. Almost none were conspiracy related.

This site just seems to have turned into a US political forum for people to sling abuse about left or right wing issues.

Regurgitating mainstream media slagging matches is not what this site was made for.

In my opinion there should be no flag ratings in the Mud Pit as it is just a free for all and adds nothing positive to the site.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
We could always start reviving some of the older threads, but usually the OP for them has either passed on or has moved to a breakaway civilization hosted site. Forums that support Facebook reaction generate just as much revenue.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

agree with you completely! The Left vs Right is just so frustrating ...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: STREETSLOVEUS

SIGNED,

I agree. My new father in law loves a good conspiracy, and for a moment i wanted to tell him about this site....but then i would have to explain to him how awesome it USED to be, and that nowadays it was 99% politics....it is sad, i miss the old way. I dont even think i have posted or even replied to anything in years....

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I've been here since then too and the thing you're not realizing is that politics often times is conspiratorial in nature. ATS is not just about Woo-Woo and Spookies. It's also about the Man Behind the Curtain and the conspiracy against mankind.

Welcome and glad you finally registered.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
As a long time lurker myself, I prefer to stay involved in the more conspiracy/paranormal/unexplained topics. However, we live in a time of political turmoil and perhaps this forum conveyed to good conversations between opposing viewpoints.

Do you know how I want the world to work, and how I would like for its operate? We should start with treating every body with respect that deserves it and being there for one another. I refuse to align myself with the left or the right, when anybody asks me what my political affiliation is, I tell them that I'm an American.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have to agree with you! This place has change a lot... Hopefully, it will come back to what it used to be!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'm also a long time lurker and i agree, the focus on politics has sort of taken over. Very divisive

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Are there not sections so as to skip to to the kind of subject matter you may be in to?

top topics

join