It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rammstein and other German Industrials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hey, folks!
As you can see, I'm new up here

I'm wondering, what do you think about German Industrial Rock.
You know, bands like Rammstein, Megaherz, Eisbrecher, Oomph!, ...
I think this is the best music, because of great vocals, agressive guitar riffs, mostly deep lyrics, great drum-work and stuff.
What's your opinion?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i have heard Ramstein for a couple of years...i like it but i cant say im a fan...i like their sound, but i dont know any of their albuns and i surelly cant get a word of what their saying... and the same goes for Rap...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't really care for Rammstein, but there are a great many bands out there that have a similar feel and are much more original as they have been around much longer.

Here are some songs to listen to if you are interested. These are more industrial dance then rock, but they have a harder 'hit' in my opinion.

For starters:

E-Craft: Electricution
And One: Panzermensch & Deutschmaschine
Das Ich: Destillat (VNV Nation mix)

You might also want to check out the following bands for hard German industrial.

Front Line Assembly, Front 242, Wumpscut, Velvet Acid Christ, Suicide Commando, Die Form, Leather Strip, etc. And basicly anything by Funker Vogt. All of their songs sound pretty much the same, but it is violent to the extreme.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hey, dude, thanks.
I was searching for something new. Not that I'm sick and tired of Rammstein, but it's always great to hear new bands.
Eem, another thing. Do you happen to know, where can I find those mp3 on internet? Not bittorent and stuff, because, my connection is a bit slow..

And if music is violent and agressive, it's not so bad

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sasobraz
Hey, dude, thanks.
I was searching for something new. Not that I'm sick and tired of Rammstein, but it's always great to hear new bands.
Eem, another thing. Do you happen to know, where can I find those mp3 on internet? Not bittorent and stuff, because, my connection is a bit slow..

emule; thats all I will say that and you can configure you own up and down speed

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I downloaded Mien teil by rammestian and I liked it.
Does anyone know what the words are?
Would anyone recommend buying more rammestien.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
good rammstein is like buck dich, freir frei, mein teil, du hast, sensucht, ah yes and mutter

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
the words for Rammstein in english can be found here

www.herzeleid.com

Great band, Muter and Riese Riese favorite albums. Favorite song has to be nothing but the dark self titled songs about the airbase "Rammstein - Rammstein"

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You should check out

Laibach - Jesus Christ Superstar

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sasobraz
Hey, dude, thanks.

Ummm, sorry this is months late, but I just saw this thread again. I think Bittorrent is closed due to the the feds busting them for distributing Ep3.

I would say go to the site below and listen to the many song clips to the many different bands. They range from goth to ebm to industrial to noize. This should give you a better feel for what you actually want.

www.metropolis-records.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Dude some of the rammstein lyrics are DISTURBING i would really recomend not looking for the lyrics to spiel mit mir. some of their pix are...umm...questionable to say the least.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Die Krupps seem to be notably absent from the lists above, which is disturbing, like leaving the elephant out of an African menagerie.

Laibach while certainly not German are the European pioneers of the form that Rammstein copied and popularized.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
For German bands I suggest

Helloween
Blind Guardian
Gamma Ray
Rammstein
The Scorpions
Demons and Wizards

and thats it as far as german bands are concerned

top topics

join