It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus kills the elderly but a new baby boom is coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
VERY long time lurker. Had to post something to keep me sane.

Its scary to think the amount of elderly people who will be killed by this virus.

There is bound to be a big boost in the number of babies coming in 9 months time due to people staying home, people get bored in quarantine.

On another note, I would not like to be pregnant right now, hospital scans would almost certainly be cancelled. There would be no screening for health problems etc.

Maybe there is a hidden agenda to rid the planet of the old folks to reduce the burden on state pensions etc and replace those with new blood.

I know the UK are actively encouraging this virus to spread, and it just seems feasible this is driven by money not science.

Onwards and upwards. Stay Safe.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I know the UK are actively encouraging this virus to spread,

That sounds like operation herd immunity .

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Travel band is reducing anchor babies.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Herd immunity or herd Mentality ?

I don't think you can have both.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Actually we have both .

The UK is playing their own little version of Pox Parties. ( Herd immunity )

From your description it doesn’t appear that many understand why . Which would be heard mentality AKA stuck on stupid .

If Darwin was correct those should be the guys that take one for the team ....... errr,,,,,,,Herd. 😬

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: digoots
I wouldn't get too excited about getting rid of all of us old carmudgeons just yet. All it takes is one mutation to change the demographics. Lets hope that doesn't happen though.

It is unlikely we will see a baby boom in the near future. Birth rates have dropped world-wide, and continue to do so. I don't think isolation is going to change the reasons for that.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: digoots
I wouldn't get too excited about getting rid of all of us old carmudgeons just yet. All it takes is one mutation to change the demographics. Lets hope that doesn't happen though.

It is unlikely we will see a baby boom in the near future. Birth rates have dropped world-wide, and continue to do so. I don't think isolation is going to change the reasons for that.

Used to be baby booms when people stayed home.

That happened often in the days before widespread birth control. It happened before children were taught from practically Kinder on to use birth control in first world countries.

That happened before young people began to see babies as an expensive hobby, which is how the newest generation sees them. One perfect, two ok, more, well if you really like the hassle, lack of sleep and expense.

That happened before the left decided that babies were a threat to the planet and Democratic Congresswomen told American women not to have children because it is bad for the planet.

That happened before the popular with the breeding age, human extinction movement took hold, declaring all babies to be mother earth destroyers.

A baby boom in underdeveloped countries without widespread knowledge or access to birth control. Good chance.

A baby boom in developed countries, I seriously doubt it.

The birth rate in all developed countries has taken a nose dive so steep that politicians are worried with the elderly living longer and using the social benefits promised in their prime earning years that there are not enough young people to support them.

Baby booms due to people staying home in the first world countries is not likely. Remember abortion is now something to brag about in many developed countries. People at home in first world countries have enough birth control they can do it all day and all night with no baby. If one should slip in, no problem, a few hundred dollars and that nasty little earth killing baby disappears.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: sunkuong

Actually we have both .

The UK is playing their own little version of Pox Parties. ( Herd immunity )

From your description it doesn’t appear that many understand why . Which would be heard mentality AKA stuck on stupid .

If Darwin was correct those should be the guys that take one for the team ....... errr,,,,,,,Herd. 😬

Hope CV parties don't turn out like Pox parties.

We know know if you had Chicken Pox that it stays in your spinal cord for life, and down the road can cause a nasty case of devilishly painful shingles.

We don't know the long term effects of CV and won't for a long time.

Some viruses stay hidden in the system and then pop out to cause trouble later, like the Herpes viruses and Chicken Pox

Will we ever learn not to play games with viruses?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Will the children being born next be called The Covid Generation?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't need the coronavirus to be baby boomin if I could just find a woman who shares the same values as me.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Bad time to have a baby, the future looks BLEAK.

A friend of mine (UK) is expecting his first child in 2 weeks and he received the message a couple of days ago that only one person can visit / accompany / stay per mum (no swapping). I mean it's understandable given the current climate but WOW what unfortunate timing..

Naturally, he was pretty nervous anyway, now even more so, especially as it's his first!!!

top topics

join