It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Coronavirus: Two NHS medics on ventilators after contracting COVID-19 from patients

Two NHS ear, nose and throat consultants are receiving critical care after contracting coronavirus from infected UK patients. The ENT medics are on ventilators and "most likely" acquired the highly contagious respiratory infection from people who did not show any symptoms in the course of their daily clinical work.

news.sky.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: butcherguy

Ok.

We have heard again and again that the masks (even the ones that medical personnel wear) won’t filter out the virus, yet it seems the doctors and nurses really need them.

Maybe it is just a security blanket.

They aren't 100 percent effective. If aerosolized in small enough droplets, you'll still get infected.. That being said, masks also reduce the chance of infection by a factor of 5!

The reason you are being told not to worry about masks is because they are in short supply, not because they don't work.

And to be honest, if the average person would isolate, (which NO ONE seems to be), they wouldn't need them.
edit on 3/21/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes I am in the UK. As I said I haven't been out today, but it's just been on BBC news - about how many have been to the beaches! Yes, I agree it's cold but it has been sunny today.
Did you even read the links I shared??? All there
a reply to: blackrabbit1

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Yes I am in the UK. As I said I haven't been out today, but it's just been on BBC news - about how many have been to the beaches! Yes, I agree it's cold but it has been sunny today.

It's the same here in the states. People are selfish idiots.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Agreed. The virus had been proven to be airborne for a long time prior to Boris’ hand washing advice.

The slow drip feed of information from the government and MSM, which many of us who followed China closely were aware of, would suggest they have been trying to prevent panic. No doubt this is a tough position for any government or any leader, it’s damage limitation trying to buy time to survive and balance interests.

It begs the question as to how bad they think this is. The management of this reeks of the Chernobyl situation to me.
edit on 21-3-2020 by HallowedEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Glad you have seen the same as me in the media/real life/Facebook
It's bloody madness! One sunny (ish) day and the people are out!
Also agree with saladfingers in his thoughts on why people are going out - they don't like being told not to, and also think it's some sort of paid holiday!

a reply to: Tracele

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Ok.

We have heard again and again that the masks (even the ones that medical personnel wear) won’t filter out the virus, yet it seems the doctors and nurses really need them.

They aren't 100 percent effective. If aerosolized in small enough droplets, you'll still get infected.. That being said, masks also reduce the chance of infection by a factor of 5!

The reason you are being told not to worry about masks is because they are in short supply, not because they don't work.

And to be honest, the average person who is isolating, (which NO ONE seems to be), won't need them.

I would rather take my chances with a mask, than without one. Every bit of protection helps, even if it is not foolproof. Like I said before, condoms are not 100% either, but why take a chance without one.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

That being said, masks also reduce the chance of infection by a factor of 5!
Real masks. Not homemade masks.
Real masks, when they are correctly used. With all of the other protective measures.

edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The local pub to me at the end of the road is still open and full of people tonight, even after they have been told to close.
If people carry on like this in the UK I can see us surpassing Italy in the next 2-3 weeks.

Glad you have seen the same as me in the media/real life/Facebook
It's bloody madness! One sunny (ish) day and the people are out!
Also agree with saladfingers in his thoughts on why people are going out - they don't like being told not to, and also think it's some sort of paid holiday!

a reply to: Tracele

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Every bit of protection helps, even if it is not foolproof.
Just wash your hands a little bit? Does that help?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I agree 100%

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yeah I agree, it must be hard for any government, although with their intel they knew everything. Whether it is what TD said it was or not, they have sources everywhere and know so much about the truth.
I understand balancing interests and stopping panic, this could (is already?!) destroy our economy and much more.
But now is the time for him to step up, and truly break it down properly. People need a bit of truth and if that panics people then good - they need a bit of it to be honest! I have been in semi panic mode for some time, having read about this since January. I'm truly wondering what it will take to make people drastically change their behaviour. Shame we will need much stronger enforcement in order for it to happen. We shouldn't need it - as a society we should have more responsibility for eachother, but it is probably going to be the only way.

a reply to: HallowedEarth

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Evening news tonight on NBC: Stop testing the general public, while the WHO has said testing is everything.

The reason they want testing of non critical patients to stop: to stop putting health care workers doing the tests at risk.

Pay attention everyone. This is a stop gap to try to stave off the sickening of health care workers so the health infrastructure does not collapse. Meaning, by the sheer numbers right now, it is inevitable that it will.

Not trying to doom poor anyone, just saying, that as the response changes, it obviously lets us know what is ahead here in the states.

On March 10, Natasha Ott, 39, felt the beginnings of a cold coming on.

She had a slight fever. Crescent Care, her employer, had only a handful of tests for the new strain of coronavirus on hand; she initially passed on the chance to take one, after being told she was low-risk for the serious disease.

When her symptoms didn't shake, she did take the test on Monday. By Thursday, she felt "something in her lungs," she told longtime partner Josh Anderson. But she still felt well enough by then to join Anderson as the pair walked her dog.

On Friday, Anderson found Ott dead in her kitchen.
www.nola.com... ser-share&fbclid=IwAR3-_SR9348AloTpzKYNB-TJus6VFKjQuz7r9RtoieQlnaUARie0jq_1YzQ

This 39 yr. old woman tested positive for Covid19, but died in her kitchen before her results

stay safe,
tetra50
edit on 21-3-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ok.

And to be honest, if the average person would isolate, (which NO ONE seems to be), they wouldn't need them.

YES THIS!!! My family is trying to stay in.... I'm the only one who has left in the past 5 days and that was a trip to the store to get some produce which had been hard to find the week before. I'm having my daughter make masks for our next trip out. It's better than nothing.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
The reason they want testing of non critical patients to stop: to stop putting health care workers doing the tests at risk.

Pay attention everyone. This is a stop gap to try to stave off the sickening of health care workers so the health infrastructure does not collapse. Meaning, by the sheer numbers right now, it is inevitable that it will.

Not trying to doom poor anyone, just saying, that as the response changes, it obviously lets us know what is ahead here in the states.

Watch what they do, not what they say..

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Ok.

And to be honest, the average person who is isolating, (which NO ONE seems to be), won't need them.

I am aware of these facts.
But I have people in these threads telling me that an N 95 will filter out exhaled particles... but not inhaled particles.

I realize that they want the masks available for medical personnel, and that the masks are in short supply.

I have masks. I purchased them over a month ago.

It is a shame that the hospitals didn’t have the foresight or money(?) to have a supply to weather through a situation like this.

For a good news note, a local dentist (who has closed her office for the duration of this pandemic) donated her stock of masks and other PPE to our local hospitals.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

We need the self swab tests that we can just drop off. Of course there's all those other tons of tests we've been told about.... which aren't self swab. The US could be a leader in innovation during this but..... nope.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Indeed and if you see the lines for the supermarkets - some great social distancing there. People are beyond stupid. Whoever spawned the ‘it’s just the flu’ and ‘it only effects the over 70’s’ phrases has done really well in actually killing people.

The level of panic is growing.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

In all other circumstances, I'd be extremely happy at the anti-authoritarian attitudes of my fellow Brits. This is the one circumstance where it isn't appropriate. However, like most things, the real blame lie with newspapers sensationalising everything for so many years... no one believes anything anymore.
Newspapers also to blame for the panic buying... and then have the cheek to be now publishing shaming articles on people panic buying. If this virus does anything, I pray that it destroys the newspaper industry in its entirety.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ohio has begun handing out their essential travel permits. My brother was photographed for his yesterday and several friends filled out the paperwork for theirs. Many of us are expecting the announcement to come tomorrow that Ohio will be ordered to shelter in place.

new topics

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join