It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best argument for god? ... From an atheist

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: TzarChasm

It's easier to explain calculus than it is to prove god, apparently.

Hey Chaz how are you?

Just wondering if I may I'd like to ask you just out of random curiosity.
What would you say is the actual purpose of the scriptures? Please try to
be unbiased and tell me in your on words what is the mission? Your
opinions aside purely From a theological perspective what is the purpose of
The Holy Bible?

It's very sloppy and outdated propaganda. Why is the 20th Century Testament taking so long? Is there nothing left to write?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

considering every single other animal of any kind doesn't have one and none of the untold billions of creatures that have ever existed and died had one either

Why do you "consider" that?

I think all creatures have and had one

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
It's very sloppy and outdated propaganda. Why is the 20th Century Testament taking so long? Is there nothing left to write?

That's my retirement fund. I'm gonna put up a website where people talk about their recent encounters with "Christ," and make a book about it.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: troubleshooter
What is a word for 'atheist' that is not expressed as a negative?

Agnostic

That is still expressed as a negative. It's etymology is a- (which is a modifier in the Latin style that indicates the inverse of the following word) and 'gnossos' or 'to know' in Greek - i.e: to 'not know'.

edit on 12/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: rounda

Side note: I am not saying Christianity is correct, simply that the best explanation for the concept of God as energy happens to be found in one verse of the bible, regardless of how the author meant it.

So is God a way to explain energy in the past? I think we need to define what God actually is. IF some old race created us, are they God if they advanced at the level they can manipulate the heavens at will, even though they evolved billions of years ago in the same way we are doing?

The big question many are trying to debate is whether God (whatever that means) existed outside of our universe first.

I'm not joining your debate; I'm answering the topic question.

I defined what God is, and explained the best argument for God using Physics. The energy that was there before the Universe/Multiverse, and the force that was required to transform that energy into the Universe/Multiverse; The law of conservation of energy.

To answer your first question, energy does not cease to exist. It simply changes form once a force is applied. So no, God is not "energy in the past."

And your second question, technically, that hypothetical race would be considered, by definition, Gods.

edit on 12-3-2020 by rounda because: clarification

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Every creation has a creator.

Some might say this isn't a creation but still every creation has a maker.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So is God a way to explain energy in the past? I think we need to define what God actually is.

Alpha-Omega means the total encompassment of time. Transcendent of time's limitations. Just like shadows are subject to light, time is subject to God.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

According to you. There's no proof of that claim.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109
According to you. There's no proof of that claim.

The heart is better than the best pump ever created on earth.
The brain is better than the best self-aware cpu hardware ever created on earth.
the musculoskeletal system is better than the best robot ever created on earth.
The intestines are better than the best semi-permeable membrane ever created on earth.
The kidneys are better than the best filtration system ever created on earth.

Therefore, we are created by something far more intelligent than all of humankind combined.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton I can't verify any of those claims. I really don't think it matters anyway. Just because we can't build something to compete with parts of the human body doesn't mean a god did it. I could say it means a magical fart must have done it. It's the same kind of arguement.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucky109

Computers have humans for their maker.
Houses are built by humans.
Cars are built by humans.
Everything not growing by nature itself is made by humans, have humans as their maker.

Simply everything made from nature has humans as their maker, oh right, except for birds nests and stuff like that.

So every creation has a maker.

The only question left is is nature a creation.

Every creation has a maker.

That's also why they call creations a creation, because it is made and logically has a maker.

I'm not sure why you couldn't come up with that yourself.
edit on 13-3-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance I misunderstood what you meant by creation. Even if we were a creation there's no reason to think god. It could be aliens or some magical fart as I mentioned above. There's zero reason to believe it has to be a god.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

a reply to: cooperton I can't verify any of those claims. I really don't think it matters anyway. Just because we can't build something to compete with parts of the human body doesn't mean a god did it.

It proves an intelligence greater than our own is responsible for creation. Our inability to fully replicate a human body, or even a tree for that matter, demonstrates a higher intelligence was involved in its creation.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton That is absolutely untrue. That is just saying we don't understand, therefore god did it.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

a reply to: cooperton That is absolutely untrue. That is just saying we don't understand, therefore god did it.

The immense complexity of the world around us is much more likely to have been created by an intelligence force, rather than random chance.

Random chance can't even make a garage door opener, let alone a human being with all its intricacies.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton So it could have been aliens?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I always liked the idea of panspermia.
edit on 13-3-2020 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

I think the problem with that idea is how it becomes circular. Who created the creator then?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Either the chain is endless and every creator has a creator.

Or a creator simply wasn't created.

Both seem impossible though every creation has a creator.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Most of the times what we don't understand really is by God, even the things we do understand.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join