It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if COVID-19 is a Man-Made Nanobot Virus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Imagine being able to create a virus that you could infect a population of people with and turn on/off at will. Maybe even control the severity of symptoms. Crazy idea, huh? Well, we’re not that far away from it. And if you believe that the governments around the world are working on things more advanced than the private sector, we might already be there.

Disguising Nanobots As Viruses

Sometimes to help the body, you have to fool the body, which is why researchers from Harvard's Wyss Institute of Biologically Inspired Engineering modeled their latest DNA nanodevice after those great immune-system evaders, viruses.

The solution was to model the DNA bots after something that had more experience fooling the immune system. So the white blood cell-inspired DNA nanodevices got a virus-inspired cloaking device. They enclosed the nanodevices in a solid protein case. The researchers then made tiny DNA handles upon which they could hang lipids to create an oily coating like the kind that viruses use to evade the immune system.The result was a very virus-like DNAbot.

Link

It seems researchers have been working for a while now on making nanobots that mimic viruses so they aren’t rejected by the body. This holds a lot of promise in designing novel cancer treatments. But could the U.S. or other countries like China have been working on this technology for a more malevolent purpose?

It seems that China has been leading the world in research on these exact kind of nanobots.

BEIJING: Chinese scientists said they have successfully created and tested the world’s first autonomous DNA nanorobots to combat cancer tumors, paving the way for revolutionary cancer therapy. Scientists from China’s National Center for Nanoscience and Technology (NCNST) led the research and cooperated with scientists from Arizona State University in upgrading the design of the nanorobots. The scientific study was published in Nature Biotechnology in February.

According to researcher Ding Baoquan, the DNA-based nanorobot has a tube-shaped structure with a diameter of about 19 nanometers and a length of about 90 nanometers. “The nanorobot is exceptionally small and impossible to see with naked eyes. It is about 5,000 times smaller than the tip of a needle,” Ding said.

According to scientist Zhao Yuliang, the research team also conducted extensive safety studies of the nanorobots in two different mammals, including the Bama miniature pig, which is physiologically and anatomically similar to humans.

Link

Crazy idea I know. But if the common idea of the governments of the world being 10-20 years ahead of what the private sector is doing has any truth to it, it may be entirely possible. Imagine having a fully controllable synthetic virus that you could release on an enemy population. That you could turn on and off at will. Maybe even control the severity and duration in different groups of people. It would almost be the perfect weapon.

It seems crazier to me that governments like China wouldn’t be working on something like this. Given their disdain for certain religious and ethnic groups in China this seems right up their alley. A secret way to eliminate undesirables. And if they are working on something similar, I doubt the U.S. would want to be left behind on that front. If something like this was to escape the lab, do you think anyone would come right out and say it?

Of course not. It would be played off as just another virus. Maybe that’s what we’re seeing now. Let’s not forget a Chinese scientist was recently arrested sneaking material from “cancer research” back to China. Cancer research. It is cancer research that these type of nanobots are being developed for...

Link

I hope I’m wrong. Because this opens up a whole new world of civilization ending weapons. Especially if one were to escape or be stolen by bad actors.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If they had these nanobots, they'd probably be used more so on a single target than the world's populace.

If you wanted to plague the world with immune system destroying nanobots you make the people pay for it first.

Nanobot delivery through vaping.

And then grey goo.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

If they had these nanobots, they'd probably be used more so on a single target than the world's populace.

Unless they escape the lab somehow..

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well-put. I mentioned back in the update thread M. Crichton’s book Prey and the musings within should give us pause. It ain’t even sci-fi anymore. Even his book Micro gets into the implications to a degree.

Here my stone age mind was thinking we could tag people by cell phones and drone them. But. Apparently satellite-transmission of DNA frequencies is a thing. So you may be onto something.

We are too concerned with dominating Nature and diving into the deep-end with AI, we have no idea of the treacherous and terrifying Box we’ve gaffled from Pandora

Prometheus is laughing, self-amused, somewhere
edit on 7-3-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Even if COVID-19 isn’t something like this it’s still scary that there may be people out there developing these types of weapons.

This is a bigger threat than nukes in my opinion. A fully controllable hybrid synthetic-biological weapon.
edit on 7-3-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Jesus Christ. It's a #ing virus. The Earth has had several pandemics. This # happens. It's not a God damn conspiracy. This # happens. Like it isn't bad enough without adding 15000 conspiracies to it. It's like we are all living in the middle ages and we are burning witches around here.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

It’s the skunk works forum.

As mentioned, this forum is for your most outlandish and extreme speculative conspiracy theory ideas. The intent is for like-minded members to engage in collaborative discussions about these theories in an environment that embraces and encourages extreme thought.

We certainly do not want to discourage the involvement of helpful critical analysis and skeptical thought, this will always be a very important part of collaboration on ATS. However, we will be strict in managing the tone and style of such exchanges. Please keep your critical involvement to helpful focus on issues, facts, and analysis of possibilities, and do not engage in disruptive character attacks, snipes, and insults in any way. Any such activity will result in a warning and removal of your post.

It’s about possibilities. And the possibility of nanotech warfare is high given the research being done. Whether COVID-19 is an example of this or not. I never said anywhere that it is a synthetic virus, I’m just using it as an example to raise the subject.

edit on 7-3-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
I think you will find, that these nano machines would be unable to replicate, the protein coating is part of the cloaking. In the trials mentioned, the virus was injected directly into the poor animals.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72

You’re correct about the ones in the link. But I’m thinking that the technology might have progressed since then.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Only on Skunkworks, since this is still baking in the oven. During the Bird Flu we were bombarded by one lonesome crow every morning. No lady friends, or what. Finally, that d#$$m bird got an answer, and they then flew away together. Well it's started again yesterday. Now we wait to see if the social crows have been wracked again. They seem to be the first to go, in any bird like flu, and they are extremely noisy in the process, unlike canaries in coal mines.
If this COVID-19 is mutating into a bird flu, then social birds will take the first hits. I just feel that some of these outlier infections may be from epizootic infections, between some bird, animal, or anything in between.
Our local newspaper had an article in it that postulates Chinese eat anything and everything. And this was from Chinese agents looking to purchase shiploads of our locally stored grains, in Idaho's only seaport. The local Port Authority agent also traveled extensively in China, recently, and saw even more of this monstrous appetite, over there.
So I'm hoping our newest, loud feathered crow, will soon find a mate, and they will fly away, together.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
A possible theory.
edit on 9-3-2020 by RuiWang because: Changed my mind

top topics

join