It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Showcases Latest Ultra High-Tech Military Inventions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
www.spacewar.com...

Israel on Wednesday paraded its latest high-tech military inventions at a Tel Aviv weapons fair, wowing the crowds with James Bond-style gadgets nicknamed "Eye Ball", "Mosquito and "FireBall".
Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI) proudly presented its new 120/121mm smart mortar bomb, commonly referred to as "FireBall", with pinpoint accuracy guided by GPS and laser-homing modes for a single-shot target kill in urban warfare.

Another star was the state-of-the-art "Eye Ball R1" - a high-tech camera packaged into a hand-held impervious ball, which can be thrown into any building, tunnel or cave to enable remote observation from relative safety.

high tech. weapons from israel...

what a way to make the world a better place

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Im not sos ure how practical a mini UAV is. Cant shoot missiles or drop bombs. Probably cant fly too long and probably cant go too high.

Not sure, the mini UAV looked weak. The smart mortar shells were cool though.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
ritual did you just look at the pics because the link says"Secretive, silent and deadly accurate for the real-time data they can transmit via video-link, such weapons have been employed to devastating effect by the Israeli military in targeted assassinations of militant leaders.

Today the Mosquito is one of the smallest of these UAV systems, measuring 30 centimetres (12 inches) and 34 centimetres (14 inches) wide."

its not supposed to be armed, its to see in real time whats up with your enemy...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It can pinpoint targets for precision weapons, at least according to the website.

I assume that it can fly pretty high, enough to avoid eye-detection if your not looking at, and it should be quite.

Who knows, you might be able to strap something to it and ram it against a target.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yeah but how far do you think a 1 foot long UAV is going to be able to fly? I dont know, how long can it loiter? How far from target area do you have to be to launch it. I cant picture Israel launching these things from the border and being able to get any significant distance into Palestine or wherever.

I understand what they are for, I was just saying they arent any better then their big brother in my eyes.

top topics

join