It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushrooms as Dietary Supplemants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
About a 6 weeks back I started taking 1 tsp of cordycep mushrooms with my morning coffee and the most noticeable effect is that I started having and remembering vivid dreams. About a week ago I swithed the cordycep out for Chaga and the dreams stopped.

Have since switched to taking both together and the dreams have returned.

Would like to hear others experience with mushrooms and recommendations for blends.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The cordycap has some medicinal effects and it also has some psychotropic effects. All mushrooms are psychotropic though, but how they effect the mind is different many times. It is a fungus, all fungus has mind altering activity.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The oyster mushroom has a chemical very similar to levostatin in it. They are a decent mushroom, but eating too much is not good.

I like the Chaga, I put a hefty pinch on top of the coffee grounds in the mr. coffee when I make it most times, it gives it a little better flavor. I don't drink Chaga tea though, it is way too strong tasting for me. If there was nothing else to drink, I would probably load it up with cream and sugar and drink it.

I never got lucid dreams off of any mushroom other than shrooms forty years ago, and I really did not like that much, heck, you don't even have to be sleeping with those mushrooms to get lucid dreams.

I'll stick to the chaga and button mushrooms to eat. They don't mess with my thinking much, some of the other ones do.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BPilgrim

We use portobello for sauces and stews. My daugther makes a great $hitake soup too. I like the white ones raw, with olive oil.

In Chile, they sell a dry mushroom called "Callampa". My father used them for goulash with gnocchi. Incredibly good.

We eat mushrooms not less than 2-3 times a week.

I find all the time people here in USA who never ate mushrooms. Once I make them try, they love it.

I know mushrooms have great nutritional properties, but for me they are just delicious.
edit on 3-3-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BPilgrim

Lions mane to regenerate the ol brain goo.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
My father had dementia and died.

In a way it's harder than cancer because your loved one not only deteriorates, but forgets their life and who you were.

You may guess by my ATS name what fungi supplement I take. It's experimental atm but one g every 3 or 4 days is equivalent to therapy once a week in my experience.

Let thy food be thy medicine.
Pink floyd is therapeutic too.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg
I'm sorry to hear about your old man, my Dad's slowly sending himself mad and memory loss is his biggest issue.... But we all know it's because he drinks.... A lot... He prefers to think that there's something else wrong with him, and with the commitment he's showing to this "excuse" , it wont be long before he really does get sick.

Anyway, I feel your pain, and I too have had mushroom supplements combined with Pink Floyd ....................................... and on one particular occasion, the effects defied explanation. I have not felt, seen or heard such beauty since, and maybe never will.

This kind of supplementation is only a once or twice a year thing for me, but always gives lasting physical and emotional benefits.

I'm really keen to get onto the Lions Mane as a more regular supplement and would love to hear other's personal experiences with fungus supplements.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

The lions mane is next on my list. I bought several powders at the same time but have been trying them one by one as to better pinpoint the effects they have on me.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24988195]Trueman[/post

I never grew up eating them but it's something I'm trying to get into. All I ever read is how good they are for you. Recently bought a book about cultivation so once I can determine some favorites I'm going to give that a try.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

Been some time (10 years maybe) since I've gone that route. Actually wouldn't mind doing it again but I don't have the same connections I did in my younger days.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Cubensis of all types seem to be popular in Denver now that they're legal. www.denverpost.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Go to the Montclair farmers market on Saturday's, there's a dude there who has wild foraged mushrooms from all over the state.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Trueman

Go to the Montclair farmers market on Saturday's, there's a dude there who has wild foraged mushrooms from all over the state.

Awesomeđź‘Ť I'll go this weekend !!!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just realized I mispelled supplements...how embarassing

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I love mushroom coffee. Hell I like all mushrooms and eat them a few times a week. Morel mushrooms oh my good God in heaven.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Awesomeđź‘Ť I'll go this weekend !!!

Likelihood of running into me is high, I'm now in the mood for wild mushrooms and steak.

top topics

join