It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. spy plane detects radioactive gas over N. Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
U.S. spy plane detects radioactive gas over N. Korea

Special to World Tribune.com
EAST-ASIA-INTEL.COM
Thursday, March 10, 2005
The United States has picked up signs of a radioactive gas emitted during the extraction of plutonium from spent fuel rods in atmospheric samples collected near North Korean airspace, a Japanese newspaper reported on March 3.

Traces of Krypton 85 gas, a byproduct of reprocessed nuclear fuel rods, were found in December, the Asahi Shimbun reported, citing sources in Washington. Krypton 85 gas, an isotope that does not exist naturally, is emitted into the atmosphere when spent fuel rods are cut and plutonium extracted.

www.worldtribune.com...

I thought that NK had said they had already reprocessed the rods two years ago...probably they lied...or have new sources.

Hmmm, I wonder if these weapons are going to Iran or Syria to put on the missiles they just purchased from NK.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
All I know is that Bush and his cronies are too cowardly to take on N. Korea. But I guess bullies do pick on people they can take.
When I first heard the Syrian ambassador basically beg for no conflict last year I thought Syria would take it like a 8itch and be dealt with. This new pact they have with Iran makes me wonder, though. I guess other countries are getting tired of us throwing our weight around the world.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I thought Bush said that North Korea would "NOT HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS". I thought it was "diplomacy to try and stop it with support of the world, and then other means. All while Putin laughs his a$s off and China doesnt really do anything.

Now North Korea has Nuclear Weapons and Bush has gone speechless, or maybe he is swallowing his words for a new stance( that I have not heard of). This is NOT how I characterize a US President.

Now everytime bush says something about foreign policy poeple are going to let out a big "AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA" whenever he speaks.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
That is, if we believe the kryptonite incident in the first place, Japan is currently putting on a lot of heat on Nkorea in every way possible, just exactly because the usa government seemed t have backed down a little, maybe the Japanese try to keep the usa involved...

BTW: do the Nkoreans have unsecure extraction methods, or is it unavoidable, does krypton isotposes make it to the atmosphere in extraction methodes in what we like to call developed countries as well ???

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

top topics

join