It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Weeks MIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Bear the outdoor long haired black cat showed up.

I figured him to have lost his final cat fight. And he has some bald spots on his sides like he had to heal up somewhere. Otherwise he might have been stuck in a nearby barn and had to wait until he lost enough weight to squeeze out a small hole. Hard to say, but I was met with some rather excited meows about thirty minutes ago lie giving him some food.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I've learned the saying to be true: Curiosity killed the cat. All the cats I've ever owned have ended up dead if I let them out.

I had a cat once that ended up stowing away on a ride somewhere and getting lost. And made it back to the house after about a week being lost. I was missing him something terrible and remember waking up in the early morning to hear his meows by the window and thinking, I miss him so much I can imagine him meowing to me still. Then the meowing got louder and so I peaked out the bedroom window and there he was, thin and dirty and alive.

Now I got a pretty female kitty and I just spoil her and keep her indoors so she stays alive. Oh, she's actually my profile picutre. Say hi to Zoey.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SimpleIdea

He can’t come in.

1) Sammy thinks all other cats want to kill him including baby kittens.

2) Bear will roll a strange cat in a heartbeat. I’ve seen him stalk a cat halfway across the field

On a plus note, Bear just touched noses with me. Something he started doing a week or two before he disappeared.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Had a cat once that would fight any critter who came into it's perceived territory untill he came up agsint a flock of geese they all torm him a new one. After that he had a lot of respect for them.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, I'm happy your cat story has a happy ending.
Mine, not so much.
I had brothers, I got to be barn cats, as that was how they were raised. I wanted them to be fat and happy, eating mice and rats eating chicken feed.
One, stays in the barn, does an amazing job eating mice, to the point of growling if you get near him eating a mouse. The other, disappeared the end of September, after 3 years. He liked to explore the neighborhood.

A) He was found by a coyote.
B) He was shot by a hunter.

A I can deal with. B I will deal with, and he will no longer hunt behind our property.
I wish I was as lucky as you, to have him return. Cherish him.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

He loves me to death. Would spend all day sitting beside me on the picnic table. Growls at every other person that comes too close or (god forbid) pets him. But then again, as a kid I’d have very feral barn cats come sit in my lap like kittens. They kind of feral that would jump up and try to scratch out your eyes if you were walking towards them feral.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I'm so glad you have your cat back. Sweet!

My cat touches noses with me all the time. Such a love bug.

top topics

join