It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80yo Doc Mallach Glutenfree 50yrs, Stick of Butter as Popsicle Daily!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Whenever i turn the radio on lately this doc is on c2c telling most everyone gluten is bad and butter, cholesterol are good.

So much for decades of medical community pushing crisco margarine & spread as better alts to butter

He said an apple a day will give u a disease but forgot what he called it. It anyone listened ti him on c2cam and heard what it was, pray tell!

Btw, he believes cv19 came from China meat, but that doesnt explain the Winnipeg Canada senior biolab director suddenly dying during feds' investigation into China links and his name seems withdrawn from articles about that link!

www.cbc.ca...

edit on 25-2-2020 by pressident because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pressident

Butter is still bad, especially in those with high LDL. Margarine is just worse though. I have never heard of any study saying an apple a day is bad, nor that it causes any disease. Apples have been linked to several health benefits. I have also never heard of gluten being bad in moderation, unless you have something like celiac disease. Going gluten free can actually be harmful, gluten in moderation is a better option for the average person.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I would never base my perception of reality on simple correlation and/or the subjective experience of select individuals.

I smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day for 20 years and am still alive. Does that mean it's a good thing to do?

I eat butter in moderation but I'm not eating it like a Popsicle.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Butter is FAR better for you than margarine, you just have to use it in moderation and not slather it all over your food. I don't use any artificial dairy or sweeteners, ever, and try to stay clear of anything hydrogenated or full of chemicals I can't pronounce.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I agree and don't consider a butter popsicle moderation. I question any doctor saying the things this guy is saying.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
And Jack LaLanne lived to be 100 by doing isometric exercise and drinking a lot of vegetable juice.

I'm just going to wing it.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Interesting thing about doctors ... there not nutritionist

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Butter has butyrate or butyric acid in it, the flavor of the butter, and that is actually a good chemistry. It also contains some lauric acid and quite a bit of monosaturated acids which have good benefits. Not as good as coconut oil for health, but it has some properites coconut oil does not have too. Butter also contains some CLA and that can help to inhibit the bad fatty acids effect on us.

Moderation should be observed, a stick of butter a day is pretty excessive. Half a stick per person is even pretty much.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

You'd be surprised. Nowadays you practically have to be one to pass med or nursing school. I'd say about 15% of testing is on nutrition.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
What about beef tallow & lard?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pressident
What about beef tallow & lard?

Beef tallow is much better than lard but neither is as good as butter is. Lard is cleaned and conditioned with some chemistry that can make it more of a problem, that problem doesn't exist with homemade lard where the pork fat is boiled. Also, if the pigs are fed certain chemistries, the fat absorbs these, same with butter fat. Some of the stuff the animals food has in it is present in the fat. Now roundup is a glycine attached to a glyphosate so it is in the collagen which the fat cells are made of. So some goes into butter. We do not buy organic butter, just regular commercial butter, but most farmers do not use herbicides in their fields, but sometimes the grains can contain quite a bit of that. So big commercial farms might have more of that in butter since the cows do not go out of the barn and they are almost all grain fed with very little hays.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pressident
So much for decades of medical community pushing crisco margarine & spread as better alts to butter

You mean lobbyists since they're the ones who got people to eat that stuff.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I work with a dude that puts two butter packets in his morning coffee everyday.
He says it's part of His Keto diet lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I think eating a buttersicle is crazy, but I want one!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
People live to be 100 and more eating whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want. Others eat "right", exercise, and everything else doctors and the health industry tells them to do and they die long before they reach 100. I think genetics plays just as much of a role in your health as doing all the right things does.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
People live to be 100 and more eating whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want. Others eat "right", exercise, and everything else doctors and the health industry tells them to do and they die long before they reach 100. I think genetics plays just as much of a role in your health as doing all the right things does.

Exactly. I don't know that I'd agree that it's all down to genetics but I would say it's mostly just random chance. There's only so much a person can control once they exist. Doing all the (apparently) right things might be great for one person and bad for another with no obvious reason behind it.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
And Jack LaLanne lived to be 100 by doing isometric exercise and drinking a lot of vegetable juice.

I'm just going to wing it.

Norman Walker Juicing Pioneer

I've done a juice fast 4-6 days a month for the last 9 years.

I dialed my biological age back 10 years doing so, according to my doctor.

Even lost my gray hair.

I'm SO not going to eat a stick of butter a day because an 80 year old told me it was OK.

And for the "apple a day" thing being bad, eat the core and seeds as well, as everyone else on the planet does and we used to do in America.

The seeds are the important part.

edit on 25-2-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Even lost my gray hair.
The seeds are the important part.

What causes gray hair?
“Gray hair is caused by loss of melanocytes (pigment cells) in the hair follicle. This happens as we age and, unfortunately, there is no treatment that can restore these cells and the pigment they produce, melanin,”

How can I increase melanin in my hair?
A copper-rich diet can help your body naturally restore melanin in your hair. Some foods include almonds and cashews, chickpeas, liver and oysters. Cereals, meat and fish generally contain up to 50 percent of the required copper intake for a balanced diet; add nuts or seeds like poppy or sunflower to make up the rest.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
My amazing Great Grandmother, born in 1900, grew up in an orphanage, married at 15, had first of 5 children at 16, lived to be 99.9 years old by taking a swing of Old Grand-Dad whiskey any time she started feeling sick. My dad bought her a new one every Christmas. She also used A LOT of real butter and fried GOBS of chicken in real grease.

BIL's dad, 48 years old, retired early, healthy guy who worked out regularly, just starting to live his newly divorced bachelor lifestyle, drives his new Corvette over to visit my sister and BIL. Has an a awesome day grilling out in the back yard. Drives home....they find him 2 days later, dead, sitting on his couch....heart attack.

Husband's friend from work, health 45 year old, prior Army and active in the National Guard, goes home for lunch, sits down at the table with family, dies from heart attack right there at the table with his children watching.

My Aunt has weighed plus 500lbs for most of her life. Eats enough at one meal for 3 others. She needs a walker and moves like a sloth, needs people to help her bathe, can't fit into most vehicles, has rarely been able to have a job. Has always lived off the government. She's long been a very active member in the black church where they embrace death and a funeral is a huge celebration. She's 75 years old...her heart has been pumping blood to more than 500 lbs of body mass for probably 45 years now.

I'm come to the conclusion that stress and genetics probably play a larger part in our health than food choices. And I think even in this time of knowledge, doctors still know very, very little about health and nutrition.

<<   2 >>

join